Tour Stories

I'll Be Your Man.

Thursday, November eighteenth. Kylie's birthday. We took the bus to visit my house in New Jersey. It was our Thanksgiving visit. We visited my parents then took the bus over to Kylie's house to visit. We sent Cameron out first when we got to her house.

He was nervous. It was obvious how much he liked her. Zach and I waited off to the side, watching. Cameron took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair. He reached his hand out to ring the door bell then pulled back quickly.

"I can't."

Zach caught him by the arm as Cameron tried to run back to the bus. Zach held his arm tightly to make sure he wasn't going anywhere and grabbed Cam's hand, and hit the bell. Then released his arm. Cameron was obligated to stay now. He squirmed uncomfortably as we heard Kylie come down her stairs inside. She looked through the peep hole then swung the door open.

She jumped forward and gave Cameron a huge hug. Then, realizing what she just involuntarily did, jumped back.

"I'm so sorry," she blushed.

Cameron was reddening too, but he smiled and said that it was okay. He stepped forward and gave her another hug.

I looked up at Zach. He smiled then glanced down at me. He took a hold of my hand to feel the shock then let go. I turned around and ran back to the bus. I grabbed Nathan and Michael and had them come out to see Kylie. Once out of the bus Nathan ran behind me and picked me up. I screamed then Nathan swung me around. I was on his back, legs wrapped around his waist, arms around his neck. He ran full speed to Kylie's front door.

"What on Earth are you two doing?" Zach asked.

"I'm clearly stealing her from you. And we'd clearly be the better couple," Nathan said simply.

"Ooooooooo!" Michael joined.

"Erica..." Zach said desperately.

I giggled, moved Nathan's dreads back and lightly kissed his cheek. I held it there for a moment then pulled back slowly. I was still smiling, "I don't know, Nathan has a point."

Cameron, Kylie, and Michael were all either laughing or waiting with wide eyes to see what would happen next. Zach's cheeks burned red.

"Oh no," Nathan said under his breath. He ran.

Zach chased Nathan to get be back and off his back. I just bounced around like a baby ape holding on for dear life.

"Get back here!" Zach screamed.

Finally Nathan couldn't run anymore. He's lungs must have felt like they were on fire between running with me on his back and running for that long in general while laughing. He dropped me off next to Kylie then sat down on the step. Zach ran at me and stood behind me wrapping his arms around me.

"Get your own girlfriend."

"Can't we just share her?"

"No!" Zach held me tighter.

I put my hands on Zach's crossed arms, "Calm down, Zachary. Nathan is just kidding around."

"Yeah, that's what you think."

Nathan turned around and stuck his tongue out at Zach. Kylie invited us into her humble abode, but we told her the crew guys were still on the bus so she joined us there. I sat with the guys and Kylie. We all sang Happy Birthday to her and pulled out a cookie cake. Zach kept looking over at Nathan.

I kicked him and whispered in a harsh breath, "Drop it. He was joking around. It's Kylie's birthday, quit making this about Nathan and me."

He turned his face toward me, "I just don't think he was joking."

"He's one of my best friends. Stop it."

"He's one of my best friends too. And that's why I know he actually does like you."

"He doesn't! Stop it!" I looked up at Cameron and Kylie smiling and talking their legs touching lightly. I smiled, "Look, can we talk about this later. They're just so happy, and I don't want to darken the mood."

Zach nodded and put his head up next to mine and whispered, "Okay. But I know I'm right."

Before I could say anything he kissed my ear. No one noticed except Cameron who looked down shyly then back up at Kylie. He looked up at her and smiled, then reached for her hand. He held it and they just smiled at each other. Finally, that only took them how long?