Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Is That What They Are? Butterflies?

Frank wouldn't let my hand go as he drove me to work. He would kiss it from time to time; and it gave me terrible butterflies. This all felt nice, I wanted it to last forever.

Once we pulled into the strip mall, he parked in the front lot. I looked over at him and admired the scorpion tattoo on his neck.

"You're so cute," I told him with a smile.

"I'm handsome, Sunny," he said like he was serious.

"Frank, you don't know what you do to me," I bit my lip and looked at my lap.

"What do I do?" he asked smugly.

"You make my heart rush...those damn butterflies kill me whenever you're around," he laughed, that little kid laughter I adored so much.

"Is that what they are? Butterflies?" I nodded looking up at him, "The queasy feeling? You give me that, too," I blushed harder, "I love it when you blush."

"I never thought I would ever like you the way I do," he squeezed my hand, "I thought I'd hate you forever."

"I have that effect on people, but it's always a minor feeling," I rolled my eyes at him pretending to be serious again.

"I get off at 5, will you be here?" he nodded.

"With bells," he chuckled again.
-

Work passed by quickly, and I had to call mom and tell her Frank was picking me up. In a fit of urgency, she said she wanted to meet him. I felt a little nervous; the tattoos, age difference, and him being in a band. My mom is very open and understanding of people, but I thought this was a lot.

If anxiety didn't kill me, then the butterflies would. At 4:55 Frank walked in with aviator glasses on and sat at the magazine section. He waved at me as I put away the newest Home Gardening.

"How's my little laborer?" he asked flipping through a copy of Spin.

"Almost ready," I shook my head at him.

"No rush, babe," he took off the glasses and winked at me.

"Hey, um," I was prepared to tell him about my mom wanting to meet him, "can I ask you somethin'?" he nodded.

"Hit it, babe," I giggled, wiping away the nervousness.

"My mom, she kinda wants to meet you...today," he started to laugh; the one I love so much.

"Really?" I nodded, "I've always wanted to see if your mom is as hot as you," I rolled my eyes.

"So you'll come in?" he twitched his lips and nodded devilishly.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of a filler, but a lot more love! The next one will be longer, I promise.