Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Clever Boy

I walked into the house, my mom was sitting at the kitchen table. She was going over the bills; Frank closed the door behind us.

"Sunny?" she called; she couldn't really see us from her position, but we could see her.
"It's me ma...and I brought Frankie," Frank squeezed my hand.

"Let's see 'im," her voice was full of excitement. 

I led Frank to the kitchen. My mom smiled as soon as we stepped in. She stood up, she was only about 2 inches shorter than him.

"Well, well, well," she put her hands on her slim hips, "you're the mystery man," I let Frank's hand go and he nodded.

"Yes, ma'am," he stuck out his hand an she shook it happily.

"He's a cutie, Sunny!" I blushed as she released his hand.

"Thanks," Frank mustered.

"I'm Marie Romero."

"Frank Iero."

"Sit, sit," my mom ushered us to the table.

Frank sat beside me and across from my mom. He took his worn, leather jacket off, I took off my own coat.

"So, Frankie...what do you do?" my mom pushed the bills aside.

"I'm a full time musician," he answered with a smile, "kinda how I met Sunny here," he gestured to me.

"At that concert?" he nodded, "I'm so terrible with musical type stuff," my mom rambled, "what exactly do you do as a musician?"

"I play rhythm guitar in My Chemical Romance...and I'm the lead singer of Leathermouth," he cupped his hands on the table, "I make a pretty good living, I would say," he chuckled nervously, then took my hand.

"That's good...now," my mom crossed her legs, "how old are you Frank?" I felt panic shoot through my veins.

"Uh...um..." Frank stammered and looked to me, "I'm 26," my mom looked at him a bit worried, then looked at me.

"Did you just say 26?" I rubbed my neck, and she turned back to Frank.

"Yes," he nodded nonchalantly

"Wow," mom looked at me again, "I'm a little taken back, but...as long as you treat my Mija right," he nodded, "So, do you have any kids?" I could help but giggle.

"No, I'm not ready for all that," he laughed too.

"Okay, since I grilled you, and looked at you, I guess I approve," mom smiled to me, "use protection," I sighed embarrassed.

"Ma," I whined, but she and Frank chuckled.

Frank turned to me and kissed my cheek. Mom smiled at the both of us and then eyed Frank again.

"Is your body covered in tattoos, Frankie?" he grinned at her.

"Almost," he shrugged.

"Let me see your knuckles," I looked at him make fist and she leaned to read them, "Halloween?"

"My birthday," he smiled moving his hands back.

"Clever boy."
-

Mom let me go out with Frank, under the condition that I be home by 12. We agreed and left soon after. We decided to go out to eat and then go to a movie. Mikey and Normal would meet up with us at the movies later.

We sat in a little vegan diner; the only one Frank knew of. I didn't know too much about his vegetarian lifestyle, but I gave it a shot. We both slipped in a booth in the back and ordered drinks; coffee for Frank and strawberry iced tea for me.

"I think your mom was hitting on me," he joked pulling my hands over to his.

"I bet," I played along, "she couldn't get over how cute you are."

"I told ya, babe, I have that effect on people," I couldn't help but giggle with him.

Frank introduced me to eggplant burgers, and they were surprisingly good. We ate up, paid (well he refused for me to pay, so I tipped) and we went to go to the movies.

Mikey and Normal were outside when we arrived. I hugged Normal and waved to Mikey; he and I didn't interact much.

We were seeing some stupid, romantic drama that Normal begged to see. I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was; maybe Jennifer Aniston was in it. Anyway as soon as we paid we went right in to the megaplex. 

Not even 15 feet in a few girls started to scream. Normal and I were startled, but realized it was just fans. 

"Hold on guys," Mikey told us.

We stood back and waited as they took cellphone pictures and talked for a good 10 minutes. I wasn't use to this, but I knew not to be upset or interfere; it's a part of Frank's life that I had to except.

"So, Frank met mom?" Normal nudged me.

"Yeah, I kinda think she wants to date him," I watched Frank and Mikey talk to the girls.

"She didn't freak out over his age?" I shook my head.

"All she said was for us to use protection," Normal giggled.

"You finally gave it up?" she assumed with a sneaky grin.

"No, Normal," shook my head, "I am still a little catholic virgin," she and I burst into giggles. 

"What about Cameron?" She asked after our little fit of giggles.

I had totally forgotten about him.

"I got to talk to him on Monday," I shrugged, "I hope he doesn't like me that much."

"You and Frank make a cute couple," she noted, "you looked so cute holding hands," I blushed as Normal continued to coo at me.

"I really like him, Nor, he gives me butterflies like a motherfucker."
♠ ♠ ♠
I needed to add this, mainly because the last chapter was so short and you guys deserved it. I really appreciate all the comments and subscriptions, thank you all a million times!