Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Don't Ruin It!

A few weeks passed with Cameron and I hanging out a lot. He really sucked in trig, so that's all we did; and I was happy to help.

As for Normal and I, we were back on good terms. She stopped hanging around the popular girls and actually studied with me. She seemed more into being with me than with the crowd. 

Frank would call me right at 3, after school, and ask how my day was. It was weird because I enjoyed his calls and I would get butterflies; though Cameron made me blush. He didn't like that I was around Cameron, but only mentioned it once.

Thanksgiving break neared Cameron asked me out on date. Of course I said yes; much to Frank's dismay.

"I don't trust him, Sunny," he said after I mentioned it.

"Oh my gosh, you don't even know him, Frankie," I sat beside Normal in her car.

"I was a teenage boy once," he stated.

"I know, old man," I giggled.

"I'm only 26," I knew there was a frown posted on his face.

"I was kidding."

"So what movie are you going to see?" he cut in.

"That Halloween remake, looks kinda cool," Frank snorted.

"It's horrible! Michael--" 

"Don't ruin it!" I frowned, Normal nudged me.

"He likes you so much," she whispered with her grin.

"No he doesn't," I answered back.

"Who's he?" Frank questioned happily.

"You, Frank," I muttered.

"What are you guys talking about?" I shook my head.

"Nor was asking if I was still talking to you."

Frank and I talked until Normal and I got to my house. I greeted my mom with the phone in my ear.

"Frank again?" she asked, Normal nodded.

"Your future son-in-law Mrs. Romero," she giggled.

"I gotta go," I mumbled as my mom eyed me.

"Love ya," Frank joked and smooched into the phone.

"Love ya," I mimicked.

"Bye, Sunny," he chuckled.

"Bye Frankie," I hung up and my mom smirked at me, "What?" I blushed.

"When am I gonna meet this Frankie you love so much?" my mom sipped her coffee at the table.

Normal and I never told our parents about Mikey or Frank. Normal and Mikey still talked, but not as much as Frank and myself.

"He is very busy," I excused without lying.

"I'll meet him one day," she smirked, "and it better not be right before your wedding either," I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, ma," I rubbed my neck, "I gotta go get ready for my date with Cameron," she shooed us off.

Normal helped me pick out a nice outfit to wear. I was nervous; it was my first date in 2 years. The last date was with a Dave's jock asshole friend. He begged for a blow job after our date; I swore off guys until they matured or at least until a nice one came around.

"This is nice," Normal peered from my closet with a grey, wool dress and warm leggings.
 
"Yeah, that's nice," I admired it; I hadn't worn it since I bought it.

I put it on and looked at my short figure.

"Cameron is going to try and rip it off of you, Sun," I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, I just wear it then."
-

Cameron picked me up at 7 and talked to my mom. She started to talk about Frank until I nudged her.

"We should go, the movie starts at 8 and I wanna get some popcorn," My mom shook her head.

"It was nice meeting you, Cameron," she waved as I pulled him up.

"You too, Mrs. Romero."

Cameron didn't say anything about the conversation with my mom. Instead he seemed really into getting to know me. I really liked talking to him.

During the movie my phone vibrated like crazy. I switched it in my pocket, trying to see who was calling; no surprise, it was Frank. I turned it off and moved closer to Cameron.

I was gripping his arm during the very jumpy parts. I liked scary movies, but I wasn't into slasher flicks. Cameron would just chuckle and put his arm around my shoulder. 

When it was over he drove me home. We were in a nice, non awkward silence. I liked Cameron, but I didn't feel that spark with him; I guess I only sought him as a friend.

He walked me up to my door, like a gentleman and rubbed my cold hands. I smiled at him and thanked him.

"I had fun, Sunny," he let my hands go and switched his feet.

"Me, too, Cam," it was getting a little awkward.

"Maybe we can do it again next weekend?" I nodded; I didn't have the heart to shoot him down.

"Yea, sure," his dimples shined at me.

He leaned over and kissed my cheek quickly.

"Goodnight," he smiled more.

"'Night Cam," I blushed as he walked down the icy drive way.

I opened the front door before he drove off. My mom's dark eyes met mine as I leaned against the door.

"Did you have fun?" she asked sipping another cup of coffee.

"Yeah, it was nice," I began to unbutton my pea coat.

"Cameron is a nice boy," she noted.

"He is, I really like him," she cocked a brow, "as a friend, ma."

"Don't lead him on, Sunny," I nodded in agreement.

"I won't, I just hate to crush him if he really likes me," I started toward my bedroom.

"Goodnight, sweetie," she called after me.

"'Night ma."
♠ ♠ ♠
A filler, with a tiny bit of Frank.
Don't forget to comment :)