Sequel: Adolescent Suicide

Frank Iero, You Are My Hero

Part Eighteen

**Frank’s POV**

Frank left Mercy’s apartment, but didn’t go any further than right down the hallway. He was still extremely pissed off, especially now because he’d been kicked out of his own girlfriend’s apartment. He let out a low growl and kicked the wall hard. A resounding thud echoed through the hallway as he picked up his foot, holding it both hands as he hopped around. Okay, so maybe he had hit it a little too hard. That fucking hurt.

“Good job, idiot,” Gerard muttered, leaning against the far wall before sliding down it, landing hard on his ass.

He turned and scowled at Gee as he put his foot down. “Fuck off. This isn’t just my fault you know. Bob started it,” he said, directing a steely gaze at the tall blonde who was standing in the middle of the hallway, brows furrowed together with his hands thrust deep inside of his pockets.

Frank mirrored Gerard’s actions across from him, then brought his knees up to his chest, wrapping his thin arms around them. As much as he wanted to, his stubbornness wouldn’t let him give in that easily. This wasn’t his fault, and he knew it. If Bob would just grow the fuck up and accept things, then he wouldn’t be out here in the middle of the hall, waiting for Mercy to forgive him.

He knew that he probably overreacted. The both of them had. And he also knew that she had probably done the right thing. But that didn’t change the fact that it sucked some serious ass. Frank should be in the apartment, consoling Mercy. Not sitting out here like a fucking bump on a log. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he fiddled with his shoes, having nothing else better to do.

“Look, I’m sorry. I overreacted. I guess I should’ve known that it would happen, but I didn’t want it to,” Bob muttered, scowling at himself as he turned his eyes to some spot way over Frank’s head.

Frank turned his hazel eyes upwards, the corners crinkling together ever so slightly as he narrowed his eyes at Bob. That was a suck ass apology, but it was probably the only thing he was going to get. And anything was better than nothing, he supposed. At least it was one step closer to getting inside with Mercy.

“Yeah, I’m sorry too. I probably shouldn’t have come out and said it like that. I probably should’ve been a bit more discreet,” Frank muttered, averting his eyes back to his shoes.

“Discreet would’ve been nice,” Bob said, nodding in agreement.

“Yay! You two fucktards have apologized! Now we can go back inside!” Gerard exclaimed, standing up.

**Mercy’s POV**

Mercy sat, curled up on one side of the couch, Sicily on the other. They sat in complete silence, thinking about the guys. Or at least, Mercy was. If they didn’t come to some sort of agreement, then what? Would she risk losing her brother for Frank? Or would she disown the love she felt for the guy to save the only family that she had left? It was fucking ridiculous that she had to choose between the two, but like herself, Bob was a hothead. He was bound to loose control over his emotions.

She jumped at the knock on her door. “If it’s those stupid asses and they haven’t apologized, I’m slamming the door in their stupid faces,” she muttered as she stood, earning a chuckle from Sicily.

Her long legs took her over to the door and she opened it wide. Bob stood at the forefront of the little group, hands in his pockets and a sheepish smile over his face. He was looking at Mercy through heavy eyes, trying to seem innocent. But Mercy wasn’t falling for it. A scowl came over her face and she made to shut the door, but a hand on it stopped her.

“We apologized, Merc. Everything is all better now. Can we please come in? Your neighbors are freaking us out,” Bob said quietly, jutting out his bottom lip.

Her blue eyes shifted between him and the rest of the guys, sizing them up. They seemed sincere, and not just saying that to get back into her apartment. She sighed and opened the door wide once more, allowing them to come in. They all shuffled past, giggling and congratulating themselves, as though they had just won a Grammy or some shit. However, one person stayed behind. Frank.

“Hey Merc,” he said, biting at his bottom lip.

“What Frank?” she asked, a bit coldly. Let’s just say she wasn’t in the best of moods at the moment. What with the realization of not using protection, and then the fact that he had almost gotten into a fistfight with her brother in her living room. Today just wasn’t her day. It had gone from good, to bad, to plain shitty. And a part of it was Frank’s fault.

He nodded. “Okay, I deserve that,” he muttered, running a hand through his dark hair before sighing. “I apologized to Bob. But now, I want to apologize to you. That was a shitty thing to do. I shouldn’t have provoked him, when he had every right to be pissed. So, I’m sorry.”

She wanted to stay mad at him. She wanted to keep the boiling rage running through her veins. But the look on his face paired with the sadness in his voice made her legs go to jelly, along with her resolve. Fuck, she could never stay mad at him. He looked like she had just run over his puppy or something. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips and she opened her arms out to him. He shuffled forward and enveloped her in a hug, burying his face in her hair.

“Fuck, Merc. I really am sorry. I’m such a stupid ass,” he mumbled, shaking his head slightly.

It’s now or never, Mercy. Now would be the perfect opportunity to tell him that not only was he a stupid ass, but so was she. She cringed slightly and pulled away, her ice blue eyes directed on his hazel ones. Her gaze was soft though, letting him know that she wasn’t about to get onto him. Or push him away. Or whatever it was that he was thinking.

“Um, Frank? I don’t think you’re the only stupid ass in the relationship. We forgot a little something last night,” she muttered quietly, not wanting any of the others to overhear what they were talking about. If they thought Bob had a shit fit about them just sleeping together, imagine what his reaction would be if he found out they didn’t use a condom. Yeah, scary.

Frank’s brow furrowed together for a few seconds, until the thought hit him like a ton of fucking bricks. He even stumbled back a few feet, his hazel eyes wide, along with his mouth. He shook his head hard, making his luscious dark hair fall over his face.

“What?” he asked incredulously, grabbing the wall for support.

Mercy shook her head and went to him, wrapping her arms around his waist, bringing her lips up to his jaw line. “It’s okay, Frank. I promise. But yes, we forgot to use protection that first time around,” she whispered, begging him to look at her.

His hands clasped behind her back, holding her to him tightly. A heavy sigh escaped his lips before he pressed them to her forehead. “You’re right. It’s okay. Because I’m going to stick by you, no matter what,” he muttered before grinning broadly. “You’re stuck with me.”

She rolled her eyes. “Shit. I’m in for it, aren’t I?”

Frank nodded. “Oh yes, you are.”

Mercy giggled, then took up his hand to lead him into the living room. The TV was turned on, along with her GameCube. She had bought the stupid thing for them, having never played it herself. Ray was nestled on a bunch of pillows in front of it, playing Zelda. Mikey was behind him, directing him. Or that’s what it sounded like. All Mercy could hear was ‘Grab the bombs, you dipshit! Now go right! NO! YOU’RE OTHER RIGHT!’. Gerard was on the floor at Sicily’s feet and she was braiding his hair. Yes, Sicily Howard was braiding Gerard Way’s hair. It was a sight. Bob had his cell phone out, his large fingers pressing buttons quite slowly. He was always technologically challenged. At least when it came to cell phones, he was.

Frank sat down at the other end of the couch and pulled Mercy down onto his lap. She giggled again and snuggled into his chest, watching her friends around her. She was so fucking lucky. She had survived such hardships, yet she still had the love of the greatest man on the face of this earth, an amazing brother, and a group of insane, yet loveable friends who were by her side through everything. She must’ve done something right in a past life.

*****

It had been two months since the guys had visited. They were back in the studio in New Jersey, just a hop, skip, and a throw away from her, recording their new album. She saw them often, especially on the weekends. Gerard and Sicily had gone on a few dates, and it was adorable the way they were with each other. Well, they were like Frank and Mercy, except Sici didn’t cuss her boyfriend out and call him a dipshit every other day. But damn close enough.

One of the things that had been eating away at Mercy was the whole thing with Frank, the whole forgetting the condom thing. It was starting to worry her, especially since she hadn’t had her period the last two months. Her breasts were hurting beyond imaginable, putting her in a crank ass mood the past week. Morning sickness, craving Oreos, the urge to piss every fucking hour. All the symptoms were there. And she was really starting to freak the shit out.

It was a warm August afternoon, and she was at the salon, just finishing up her last customer. Mercy applied the last layer of mascara, then stepped back, grinning broadly. “You look gorgeous, Ms. Daniels,” she said proudly before shifting away from the mirror to let the young woman get a good look at herself. It was then that the painful cramp hit her. Mercy let out a gasp, holding her side where the intense pain was starting to form.

“Mercy! Shit, Mercy! Are you okay?!” came Sicily’s voice from just a few feet away. Mercy heard her footsteps, then her hand on her back. The corner of her vision was starting to go black as another wave of pain coursed through her body.

“Fuck! Someone call an ambulance!” someone yelled.

And then, Mercy felt an increasing amount of wetness between her legs. She looked down and saw the mass amount of blood dripping down her legs and onto the floor. There were small bits of what looked like tissue in it, but that was the last thing she saw, because the next thing she knew, blackness overwhelmed her body and she was unconscious.

*****

“Her eyelids fluttered.”

“Shut the fuck up. No they didn’t. You’ve said that twenty times already.”

“But they did this time!”

“Would you guys quiet down! Shit, she’s going to wake up and bitch slap every last one of you, and I’m going to help.”

“Aww, Sici, we love you too.”

Mercy’s eyes opened to see the guys of My Chem plus Sicily standing around her bed. Once more, she was in a hospital with tubes and shit attached to her. Fuck, did she have some sort of magnetic attraction to these things? She’d been in more hospitals this past year than her entire lifetime it seemed. Her thoughts shifted to what had happened. She lost the baby. Her and Frank’s baby. As much as she hadn’t wanted it at the time, having lost it was heartbreaking. It was something she had made with him. It had been a part of them.

“Mercy!” Bob exclaimed, grasping her hand.

She ignored him and turned her eyes towards Frank. A deep sadness was in his eyes, and she guessed that he had been told what had happened. Tears formed in the corners of her eyes and she pried her hand from Bob, holding both arms up for Frank to come into. He did, and they both started bawling like children. It was so painful, loosing a child. And she didn’t mean physical. It felt like her heart was breaking in two. Why her? Why did she loose it? She hadn’t done anything different. Every time Mercy had mentioned her boobs hurting, Frank had gotten a happy glint in his eyes, and she had demolished it.

“I’m so sorry Frank!” she wailed, grasping him tightly. He shook his head, his tears getting her neck and shoulder wet.

“No, it’s not your fault. It’s not. Don’t say that Mercy,” he said through his sobs.

They were interrupted by a knock on the door. Frank pulled away, wiping at his tears. A man in a white lab coat appeared, a clipboard in his hands. He looked so sad when he looked at her, like he had some horrible news.

“Ms. Bryar? I’m Dr. Lawrence. May I speak to you alone?” he asked, standing at the foot of her bed.

Mercy shook her head. “No, whatever you have to say can be said in front of them. They’re not leaving.”

Dr. Lawrence nodded before gulping, looking down at his clipboard for a second before turning his steel grey eyes on her blue ones. “I’m afraid I have some bad news.”

“Besides the fact that I’ve just lost my baby?”

He gulped again, biting at his bottom lip. “Perhaps worse. I’m sorry to say this, but we found a lump in your ovaries. We ran some tests while you were out, and they’ve only just come back. I’m sorry, but you have ovarian cancer, and it’s to the stage where you will need extensive chemotherapy. Not only that, but you won’t be able to have kids.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<333

Bwahahaha? *giggle* Comments?

<333
PhoenixRising