Love on Open Wounds

Cry For Help

The way he looks me in the eyes, hazel meets jade, jade meets hazel. When I hold his warm palm, his plump lips form into a childish smile, his black hair stretches down to his cheekbone. When I touch his warm cheek a blush creeps its way to his cheek. Something lays deep inside his eyes… its latent.

He came home one evening after work; I was perched on the couch watching the news. I got up to welcome him home, my arms try to wrap around him as I leaned in to kiss his lips but he pulled away from my grasp and told me he was tired. I watched him leave the room in silence as he made his way up the stairs.

For the past month he hadn’t allowed me to touch his smooth, soft skin, embrace him when I see him, and kiss those soft, tender lips. I began to notice his fair-tan skin was turning paler with each passing day; his jade eyes losing their glossily shine, his black hair that was once a shiny black-blue was losing its shimmer. He wore baggy clothing, and he never ate. I would ask him if he wanted something; when he came home and he would reply with “I had something on the way home.” I could see that he grew skinner and skinner each day. My eyes couldn’t handle starring at my sick lover.

He came through the front door at almost midnight, his black, faded hair matted on his forehead. I slowly got up from my spot on the bottom stair and made my way over to him, his eyes searched for an escape. I grabbed his wrist and he starred at my hand with anxiety in his eyes. “Baby, why are you hurting yourself?” I asked in whisper.

“I’m not,” he replied, but he refused to make eye contacted with me.

“You look ill.” I caressed his cheek, but he moved his face away from my touch.

“I’m fine.” I could see his jaw clenching.

My hand slid down into his palm, “You look- different. I miss you.”

His head slowly lifted up making eye contact with me, “You’ll leave me.”

“Why would you say that?” I wanted to embraced him and whispered ‘I love you’ in his ear; while I would kiss him everywhere I could.

“Because- because I’m fat.”

I frowned, “Why would you say that?”

“Because- that’s what my ex told me.”

I wrapped my arms around him and kiss his lips tenderly. I could feel fireworks inside of me from the passion and heat of the moment. My lips pulled away from his for a second, my nose touching his, “I love you for you. You’re the most beautiful man to ever cross the universe.”

A small smile grew across his lips, “You mean that?”

I pecked his lips, “If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be worrying about you.” my lips smashed into his, and I could tell; he was going to get better. For me, and only for me. His heart intertwined with mine, and it was our love sealed without the ring.