Sequel: Starting Forever.
Status: Complete.

Fate Keeps Loathing.

Break.

I sat their flicking through the channels on the big flat screen TV which was hooked up to the wall in the large living room at the Vamp house. Since it was officially break and I would have ended up home alone aways because mom and dad had ditched me to go Christmas shopping and I had the night off from work. I came here. The house over all was quiet. Caro and Zack had left to go out on a date. Brian and Johnny had gone to the bar in town and Matt had gone upstairs a few hours before to do some Christmas gift wrapping. Jimmy sat down beside me in the dimly lit room. His left arm wrapped around my shoulder, on it was the old leather strapped watch which was well out dated. I smiled. Soon enough that shiny new watch would be around his wrist. Suiting him quite well.

“So what do you plan on doing for Christmas day?” I asked turning to him. “Opening gifts, hanging out, the usual” He spoke. I nodded. This Christmas would be our second year together. “And you” “Well I'm going to hang around home for a few hours and then head off to work” I groaned. Who would really need to go out and buy a freaking coffee on Christmas day? Couldn't they just make one at home?
“Aw” he kissed my head. “I would rather spend time here with you guys that night” I sighed. “But it looks like its not going to happen because no one would want to switch that shift with me anyways” I spoke. “I'll hang out at the coffee shop and wait until your shifts over love” he spoke lowly. I smiled. He was seriously too good to be true.

The night passed slowly and I ended up drifting off to sleep over their that night.

The next morning I woke up to find myself upstairs in his room. He lied quietly beside me, eyes closed and his breathing light. I smiled and slowly moved from under his arm. Getting up and walking out of the room towards the stairs. The rest of the house was fairly silent for it being 8:00 in the morning. I went straight for the kitchen and headed to the fridge. I pulled out the orange juice and got myself a glass. I put the rest back in the fridge and slowly sipped away at my glass full. It was then I looked down at the island and noticed a note on the table.

Gone out for a hunt, be home later- Matt & everyone else

“Hmm” I spoke and then turned drinking the rest of my juice and placing the cup in the sink. I then turned and headed back upstairs and into Jimmy's room. He had moved slightly since I had last seen him but overall was still asleep. I snuck past him and into his en-suite bathroom to fix my hair and my over all appearance. I fixed my hair when I heard some movement from the room beside me.
“Em...” he groaned. I smiled to myself in the mirror but it didn't last long. Within seconds. He rushed in the bathroom and stood behind me holding me still. I was surprised to say the least. I stared back at his reflection stunned but it then turned into shock. His eyes were black and he looked around on edge. “Jimmy...” I spoke almost breathless. I didn't move. I was scared stiff. He relaxed. His eyes turning back to normal as he blinked a few time, though they weren't they're usual shade of blue, darker, much darker than usual. “What's wrong babe” I turned around, leaning against the counter. He looked around the room before turning to me. “Nothing” he spoke lowly. “You scared me that's all” he added in a few moments later. I gave him a weird look. “I didn't go anywheres just down stairs and back up here again” I spoke. “I...know.” he spoke. “Ok...
I moved out of the way and headed back into the bedroom. He walked out slowly behind me. What was with this? He was acting like... well I wasn't even sure.

“I'm going to go home now, I have work this after noon” I spoke as I watched him look outside and notice things around the room. “Okay, let me walk you out” he spoke and followed closely behind me as I headed downstairs again. I put on my shoes and grabbed my bag, before opening the door. I headed over to my car. He walked out a frown on his face and he looked around glaring into the open woods. “Oh, Matt left a note on the table saying they all went hunting” I spoke as he soon stood outside my car door. I sat inside. He nodded. “Yeah. I'll catch up with them soon” he spoke still not fully focused. “Jimmy what's wrong?” I asked this starting to bother me. “Nothing, don't worry about.” He said turning to me. I gave him a not so convinced look and nodded slowly. “Talk to you tonight” he spoke. I nodded and he shut my door. I started up my car and backed out driving off down the long drive way. I couldn't get that terrified look from his face out of my mind. It stared back at me like I was in so much danger or something when really I was perfectly fine. I hadn't disobeyed any rules. Or done anything I wasn't supposed to. It was as if something else was around the house, like he was protecting me from something, and it was also like he didn't want me knowing or worrying. Too bad though I already was. Something I learned about vampires, they were very secretive and self kept. I just wish sometimes he would believe I was alright. I sighed and pulled into my drive way. Getting out of the car and walking inside. The house was empty and I rushed upstairs to get into my work clothes before turning around to head back to town.