Sequel: Starting Forever.
Status: Complete.

Fate Keeps Loathing.

Hours.

I waited. It was like my hearing went. Like I was deaf. I didn't dare open my eyes but at the same time I wanted to really badly.
Slowly I let my eyes come to my surroundings. There I sat in his room, all alone and by myself. No one else was around, there wasn't any hissing from downstairs, no sounds at all for the fact. All I had was me. I looked around and noticed it was pretty late outside. I wasn't sure if I was to get up or not. I slowly got off the bed and walked over to the door quickly looking down the hall to see no one and nothing. “Hello?” I spoke my voice cracking from not speaking for awhile. I swore it wasn't all a dream. I hadn't waken up from sleeping. I just opened my eyes.
I stepped out a little before walking back into Jimmy's bedroom. This was insane, where had they all gone and why did they leave me here alone. It was then I heard the downstairs front door open. I froze and turned around waiting silently hearing the sound of someone walking upstairs. I swallowed hard and waited nervously. Who was this coming towards me.
The foot steps reached closer and closer until stopping and then he appeared in the doorway. A scared expression spilled across his face as he saw me. It only took seconds before I collided into his arms.
“What's going on?” I asked hugging him tightly. “That was Charles, he has been the longest lasting vampire that we know of, he kind of just... goes around and watches everyone making sure that no one disobeys the laws and such. He caught us together, or well his brother did, that's why we didn't pick up on the sent....” “What's wrong?” I asked seeing his face not light up. Something was still wrong. “What's wrong?” I repeated myself. He sighed and then sat me down. Something was really wrong why wouldn't he tell me?
“Well you see, humans aren't supposed to know about us, but you've known that for awhile now” he spoke. I nodded motioning my hand for him to get to the point.
“And seeing in we were caught, we have two choices to “fix” this problem” “He doesn't trust you Em, but he's like that with all humans, and you know if our secret got let out we'd be fucked” I nodded. What did this guy have in mind? “So we've managed to get two options, either for him to kill you or for me to” he spoke and looked away discussed with what he just spoke. My breath hitched in the back of my throat. I didn't respond right away but eventually did.
“So that's all, I have no other alternatives? You can't change me? Turn me?” I asked ready to sob. I didn't want to die right now and I knew for a fact Jimmy didn't want me to either. This wasn't fair. How come I was chosen to die when I could be turned and then the secret would stay quiet. It wasn't like I had any important family to go to or stick around for. I had my vampire clan. No parents, a couple aunts and uncles who wouldn't really be bothered if I got up and left or mysteriously never returned home ever again.
“I don't know. I'd like that to be a choice but...I just don't know” “Well ask him, how long do I have to make this “choice” ?”I asked “Twenty-four hours” he spoke. “He'll be back tomorrow morning” He barely spoke. I sighed and hugged him. “You know I love you and no matter what the choice is in the end, you'll have my heart forever” as if it wasn't hard enough for me to even say that, the look which crossed his face was heart shattering. You could easily see the pain shoot across his face as he looked at me. “I know love, I just...I can't lose you” he whimpered. I frowned little the tears fall freely down my cheeks. “I can't do anything, I've caused this and now ...somethings going to happen in the end” I spoke.

That night brought a lot of tears and laughter. We hung out downstairs for a few hours with everyone else but retiring upstairs even though no sleeping was done. I had stayed up all night. It was kind of like what people would say if they asked you “What would you do in your final hours?” kind of thing. Well I was living it. Even if it consisted of me just staring into those irresistible eyes.

“Its six 'o clock” he spoke lowly. I smiled and nodded. “He'll be here by nine” he sighed. “Its okay, I'm here with you so in the end, it doesn't matter” I spoke running my hand through his hair. He gave me a saddened look. “I'll fight for your life even if it kills me” he whispered holding me closely. “Jim....” “I will” he stubbornly spoke. I sighed. In a way I wanted this over so I would know my fate even if it wasn't what I wanted deep down, but in a way, I had three hours before Charles arrived, three hours to kill and three hours to live.
“Don't worry, I don't want you to worry” I spoke yawning. “I probably shouldn't have kept you awake all night” he frowned. I gave him a glare. “Don't blame yourself, don't EVER blame yourself” he rolled his eyes. “I was the one who returned home and ended up going back to high school, so yeah, I guess it was my fault, falling in love with a girl I might not ever get to be with forever” “STOP IT!” I sat up. “Listen to yourself its like I should be playing a violin while you bellow away! I'm getting sick of it, if these are my final hours hell! I'm not living them like you want me too” I spoke getting up completely. He didn't argue watching me closely. “Come on, lets get out of here, I want to go to the beach for the last time...”
The funny part about the hours which slowly passed were, he did whatever I wanted. It was like anything that used to hold him back he just let go, though he was a carefree soul he did have his moments of stopping and listening. Today though, it was all about me, almost like it was my birthday, only in April instead of July.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more left :) Thanx for all the comments.