Sequel: Chasing Claudia
Status: FIN... again!

Goth & Donut

Partying Up In Montreal

Wow, I’m an All-Star. Okay, more like a YoungStar, but at least it’s a glimpse of the upcoming “big show”. Being here is an honor but sharing it with your friends is gravy. I was waiting for Luke to show up as we’re planning to be roommates for the event. We had the option to stay in separate rooms but sharing one is a lot more fun. When he told me he was bringing Janelle with him, I couldn’t be happier. I know I haven’t seen her since the draft and was hesitant to be in her home province, but I want to share this with her. She’s my rock, despite being nearly a couple thousand miles away.

I’ve always been thinking about that kiss from draft day. I may have been on plenty of dates since moving to LA but that very small kiss left an impression on me. I know it was meant as a “thank you” kiss, but when you feel as if something hit you, then you question if there is more to that kiss. We’ve never talked about the kiss. It would be too awkward to talk about it.

“Drew?” Steven walked in. He was also selected as a YoungStar. “Daydreaming about a certain blonde turned brunette?”

“Shut it.” I hit Steven with my pillow. “Luke said they’ll be in town within the next half hour. Janelle’s driving.”

“Well hopefully they’ll make it because we have to do our media rounds in the ballroom in a few minutes. I heard Cabbie’s here.”

“No freaking way. I love that guy!” I looked down and saw a text message from Luke saying to open the door. I guess they were faster than we thought. I opened up and see Luke and Janelle waiting to come in. “Luke! Goth Prin---” I stayed silent for a moment to take in how Janelle looked. Her hair grew longer to a point that I don’t recognize her now. She looked feminine yet casual.

“Are you going to let us in or do I have to tackle you to get in?” Janelle said, waiting to come in.

“So sorry. How are you?” I shook Luke’s hand and gave Janelle a hug as I let them into my room.

“With the exception of some traffic, we’ve made it out here okay.” Luke said as he placed his luggage on his bed. “Janelle’s one fast driver. We left around 7 and it’s only 12:30.”

“That’s because I’ve packed up all the food and you slept for most of the ride.” Janelle added. “But we did hit some traffic as we were hitting downtown.”

“Well I’m glad you’re here.” Steven came over and hugged Janelle. “But we have to cut it short but we have media bullshit.”

“Yeah.” I added. “Luke, Bettman is interviewing us on his radio show this afternoon.”

“Well I’m going to go and visit Rene’s aunt then my grandparents. I can’t leave the car out there for too long.” Janelle gave all of us a quick hug. “I’ll see you guys later.” With that, she closed the door leaving the three of us alone.

“Someone’s got a crush!” Steven joked as he saw me blushing.

“How many times I have to tell you that we’re friends!”

“Hi, Pri-prin-princess.” Luke then made fun of me. “Yeah and Heidi Androl’s my sugar mama!”

“Guys, stop teasing me!” We left the room and headed downstairs for our media rounds.

The Superskills competition was a lot of fun to participate. For the first time, the YoungStars can take part with the All-Stars for the Superskills competition. I think everyone’s highlight was not my Rookies vs. Sophomores game, but Ovechkin’s Shootout Challenge with the help of Malkin.

The boys and I, along with other players, decided to go out to Club Opera for the night. We truly haven’t let loose in Montreal since being here. Plus it goes me some time to spend time with Janelle. We haven’t been able to spend time together throughout the entire weekend so tonight we’re making up for lost time.

Luke, Steven, and I arrived at the club, looking to have a great time. Janelle texted us, letting us know that she was on her way. We offered her to stay with us but she insisted on staying at a relative’s house outside of town. While I was wondering what she might be wearing, the boys and I were having fun; drinking beer and talking to a few girls along the way. However that all ended when Janelle walked in. She was wearing a navy blue tube top that showed off her shoulders with a cute pair of jeans. It may be freezing outside but the club warmed up. I don’t know why I was thinking of her that way. We’re friends and sure she’s not interested in me.

“Hey guys!” Janelle smiled as she gave us hugs. “You were all great tonight. Go Rookies!”

“You want us to get you something?” Luke asked ready to hit the bar.

“Just a bottle of water. I gotta drive back tonight.”

“Well, Janelle, when did you get this hot?” Steven looked at her, checking her out. “Let’s dance.” Suddenly they hit the dance floor and having a fun time. Then out of nowhere, they were dancing a little too close to each other. I’m trying not to get too jealous but she deserves better than Steven. He’s too much of a preppy for her.

“Hey I’m back with her wat—oh that’s hot.” Luke watched as Steven was all over Janelle. “I haven’t seen Stamkos let loose since we won World Juniors.”

“That’s not funny.”

“Jealous? Come on. Look at her and look at you. She’s having a great time and you’re sulking. Ask her to dance.”

“It’s not that. She’s my friend. It seems… incestuous.”

“Well if you’re not, then I am.” With that Luke went to the dance floor and cut in. Suddenly Luke and Janelle were dancing the same way Steven was dancing with her. One dance turned to nearly 30 minutes of dancing. I couldn’t take this anymore. They were dancing for a while and didn’t feel like stopping. I quickly rushed to the bathroom and washed my face. Why am I feeling this way about her? Yeah she’s a grown woman. She went from the goth girl I’ve met on the first day of school to this very beautiful woman, who is dancing with one of my friends. I shouldn’t feel this way. Maybe I really need to hook up with some girl to get my mind off her.

As I was walking back, I see Janelle now dancing with Jeff Carter of the Flyers. I’ve heard of Carter’s reputation from my teammates in LA and trust me, he’s no Boy Scout. However, seeing how he has his hands on her butt got me really fired up. She then started to push that hand back to her waist only for him to put it back to her butt. I walked over to the dance floor hoping I can cut in and stop it.

“Is everything okay?” I asked.

“It’s okay, Drew.” Janelle reassured me but looks annoyed of what was going on.

“Well, if it is, why is Carter’s rubbing your ass?”

“Hey, we’re just dancing.” Carter grabbed her close but she pushed him off.

“I told you to stop.” Janelle moved back.

“Yeah she said stop.” I got in front of Carter making sure he doesn’t get near Janelle. He may be taller than me but I’m not letting anyone touch her.

“Drew, stop it! I don’t need a fucking hero!” With that, Janelle ran off.

“You really need to relax, dude. We were just dancing.” Carter yelled but I didn’t pay attention to her. I ran though the crowd to find Janelle. I don’t know I’m acting this way, especially towards her. When I finally reached near the exit, I saw her by the wall, looking like she was trying to collect her thoughts.

“Listen Janelle, I’m sorry.”

“Why don’t you let me fight my own battles, Drew?” Janelle screamed. “I’m not a little girl anymore and don’t need a hero.”

“He was grabbing your ass.”

“Most people do that when they’re dancing.” She explained. “I just got annoyed that he said something to me that I didn’t like. And don’t go chasing after him. It’s not worth it.”

“It’s just he has a reputation.” I got annoyed that she’s trying to stop me from beating Jeff Carter’s ass. “Besides, why are you in the rush of leaving? And when are we ever going to talk? We haven’t had a meaningful conversation since we both arrived here. Heck, you talked about visiting your grandparents yet I haven’t even met your parents.”

“Fine. If you want to meet my parents, meet me at the lobby tomorrow at 11am. Dress comfortably.” Janelle grabbed her coat from coat check and was heading to the door. “Just promise you won’t get mad at me.” At that she went out the door into the cold Montreal night. Mad at her? What is she talking about?
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update of the day! More updating tomorrow!

Characters
Jeff Carter