Sequel: Chasing Claudia
Status: FIN... again!

Goth & Donut

Canadian Gold

“Dude, you’re alright?” Steven asked as I was putting on my equipment. Today was the Team Red vs. Team White game at the Saddledome. Olympic Camp has been an eye opener for me. With all the talent we have, it will be a hard decision on who will be going to Vancouver in February. However, none of this matters without Janelle being around. I haven’t had a chance to call her because things were intense here but once this game is over, I’m heading to the airport and flying back to LA. I promised to come back to her, but not sure if she’ll tell me she loves me. Not hearing her say that to me is tough but I’m sure she was scared. “Earth to Donut. You okay?”

“Yeah. Just can’t wait for this to be over today.” I put on my helmet.

“Don’t worry, Janelle’s in good hands. And she loves you. She may not say it to you, but she does.” Steven pats me on the back before sitting down to tie his skates. For the entire time I’ve been talking to Steven about what had happened between Janelle and I and were surprised she didn’t say anything yet. Usually, when a guy tells them that, they would quickly tell them back.

“It’s funny that she never went to any of my games. I went to a figure skating event and attended her practices yet never went to a practice or a game.”

“Maybe she thinks she’s bad luck.” Steven laughed as he puts his helmet on. “Let’s have fun.”

We went on the ice for warm-up and see the thousands of Canadian followers in the arena. However, I see one fan 5 rows behind the penalty box that looks very familiar to me. Wearing a red Canada shirt, scarf, a pair of jeans, and wavy brown hair, she looks like Janelle.

“Stammer!” I called him over from the goal crease. “That girl near the penalty box looks like Janelle.”

“Shit. That is her. Guess today’s your lucky day.” Steven skates off as I look at her. She flew all the way to Calgary to watch me play for the first time, even if it’s an exhibition game? Wow, she does love me. She may not say it but she does.

It was a fun game all around. I did my best to impress everyone from Hockey Canada but now I have to wait and see if I made the team or not. But most of all, I can’t wait to be close to Janelle and just hug her.

My team and I were about to get on the team bus when I saw Janelle waiting at outside of the arena. I told my coach that I would meet them at the hotel. I ran out of the garage to the barricade that separated Janelle and me.

“Janelle, when did you get here? How?” I asked as I was out of breath.

“It’s 1600 miles from LAX to Calgary International Airport.” Janelle stated. “But it’s also about 1400 days since I laid eyes on you, about 950 days since you asked me to tutor you, about 420 days since you were drafted by the Kings, about 200 days since you kissed me at my old backyard, 10 days since the night at the pier, and 3 days since you told me you love me. But not a minute or hour or day or even distance can measure how I feel about you.” She rubbed my face, full of cuts and stubble, very lovingly. “It took 18 years to say it but… I love you. I couldn’t wait an extra--” I stopped her with a kiss. I didn’t care if a barricade separated us or if anyone was watching. All that matter is that she was here with me, telling me how much she loves me. “I hope I wasn’t bad luck to you.”

“No you weren’t. As a matter of fact, you were good luck. This was the best game I played, even though it’s just a mere audition for the Olympic team.” We both laughed knowing that despite if I make the team or not, we won each other. “I love you too, babe. Or is it te amo. Or je t'aime.”

“It means the same, Drew. So what happens now?” Janelle giggled as she continued to look at me. “My plane doesn’t leave to LA until another couple of days.”

“I can always exchange it. Plus the Stampede’s in town. I wanna check it out.” I climbed above the barricade as we began to walk away from the arena, arm in arm and in love with each other.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*6 months later*

“Drew, why are you taking off my sneakers?” Janelle giggled as I was taking off her sneakers and replacing it with something else. I had her blindfolded ever since we won gold a couple of hours ago. While most of the team is with their families or flying back to their teams, I decided to spend these few minutes with Janelle.

The past several months have been nothing but amazing. Janelle has been promoted to assistant coach and enjoying every minute of it, even though she commutes to school every day. I’ve made the Olympic team when I thought I didn’t have a chance because of my age. Now I that I won the gold, I feel like I can rule the world.

“Why are you carrying me?” Janelle giggled as I walked to our spot. Ever since we’ve been in Vancouver, I wanted to do this for her. Now that I won the gold, I have a bigger reason to celebrate.

“If I tell you, then I have to drop you on the floor, Goth Princess.”

“Shut it, Donut.” I placed Janelle down on my desired spot.

“At the count of three, I want you to remove your blindfold. 1…. 2… 3.” She removed her blindfold and see she at center ice of Canada Hockey Place. She looked down and she’s wearing skates.

“Drew, babe, what is going on?” She asked as a single tear came down her eye.

“I’m giving you your Olympic moment. I’ve waited until the crowd cleared up before returning back here. You were here today to witness mine. Now I’m here to witness yours.” I placed my gold medal around her neck.

“I love you, Drew.” She leaned up and kissed me gently like she’s been doing every day for the past six months. “You’re still a preppy jock but my preppy jock.”

“And you’re still my goth wannabe poser, but I love you anyway.” I picked her up and swing her around. The country might be celebrating our victory, but we’re celebrating our own victory, how the goth/emo girl and the jock can be happily together.
♠ ♠ ♠
And now it's time to switch over to Luke's story before the premiere of "The Princess", debuting on New Year's Day.