Two High IQ's Make One Great Romance

Moving In

"This is everything that you had here?" Spencer rubbed his scalp with his hands, looking down at my two packed suitcases. "Seemed like you had a lot more here."

"I didn't pack everything. I left some stuff in the library and in the bathroom." I said, rising from the bed and leaning onto the crutches I had. It had been almost two months since the attack at my apartment. The doctors had said that my rib and lung had healed enough so that I could move into my new house. I was able to ditch my wheel chair and rely on crutches for my ankle, which hopefully would be completely fine by next week. Spencer and I had just finished stuffing my clothes into two suitcases.

Derek was waiting in a car by the stoop. He smiled once we reached the door.

"You all ready? I told Reid I wasn't letting him drive." He winked. I laughed and hopped into the backseat of his car.

"Yeah we're all set." I said, letting Spencer throw the bags into the trunk and climb into the front seat.

Once we pulled up to the house, I laughed at my Dad's choice of houses. It did suit me well, stylistically that is, but it was larger than I would ever need.

"This place is pretty big for just you." Spencer said as we began getting out of the car.

"Leave it to my Dad to buy a place like this. Well, at least it's not that big. It's livable." I said with a shrug as we walked towards the door. It opened and my Aunt walked out with a smile on her face, happy to see me for the fifth time in the past few weeks.

"Hey sweetie!" she said, pulling me into a hug.

"Hi! This is the place, huh?" I said with a laugh. She ushered me inside, ignoring Spencer and Derek. The place was nice, a bit modern for my taste, but also had a homey lived-in feel to it. It was clear that my Aunt had spent a lot of time decorating and designing the house for when I moved in. The framed picture of my dance students at Spencer's house was placed on the fireplace in the living room.

"This looks great! How much time did you spend on this?"

"Not as much as you'd think. Your Dad bought everything, I just had to get some people to organize and decorate. I hope you like it. Oh! Your bedroom! You have to check it out!" She tugged my shirt, causing me to stumble forward and laugh.
She led me first into the bathroom, which was classically tiled and had a modern tub in the center of it. The color of the room was black and white, and I already knew that I would be excited to put make up on in that room every day. A lot of light was let in through two curtained doors on one side.

She ushered me into the large bedroom that was, not surprisingly, perfect. A king-sized bed was in the middle of the room, across from a flat screen TV that would not get much use except for the occasional movie. The dark gray curtains perfectly accented the lighter gray walls that looked a bit worn, which I was sure was an intentional design move. Three of Brianne's more popular photographs were framed and hanging above my bed. The wooden floors were offset with the same purple furry rug that I had at my apartment.

"Wow, this is great." I said, sitting down on the bed. Aunt Lucy sat next to me.

"I though you'd like it. I didn't ad many decorations in here in case you want to make it your own."

"Thanks so much." I hugged her tightly, smiling at the fact that there was no pain in my chest during the hug.

"It's no problem baby. I'm glad you like it." She pulled back from the hug. "We've moved everything over from your apartment, and I unpacked it. You can rearrange everything at your discretion." she paused and brushed her hair away from her face. "All you have to do is unpack your things from Spencer's house."

I nodded.
"I'll let you get to work then. I love you sweet girl." She kissed my cheek. We both walked back out into the living room together. Derek and Spencer were looking around the living room, sitting on the white couch.

"Bye boys, thanks for helping out my girl." Aunt Lucy grabbed her jacket and walked out the door before either of the boys could respond.

"Damn Piper, this place is pretty sweet." Derek crossed his feet on my coffee table. Spencer sat in the chair across from Derek, scanning the entire house.

"Thanks, bro." I answered.

"Pipeler is set up in the house? It's burglar-proof?" Spencer asked.

"We've gone over this. My house is just as safe as yours, if not more. No one would ever be able to get in here. The windows are bullet-proof and every door is steal re-enforced and locked with the system. My Dad really went all out." I said as I plopped myself into my new white couch next to Derek.

"Speaking of your Dad, when are you going back to Vegas?" Derek asked.

"November second. That's my Mom's birthday. I'm leaving the first and flying home the fourth."

"That's right after your ankle is healed."

"That is correct, sir."

Spencer looked down at his feet in a moment of insecurity. We both realized, at this moment, that we now were living in separate houses. After weeks of leaving together in his house, sleeping together every night and spending all day together, we would be separated. Derek noticed our sudden realization and smiled.

"You kids are so cute." He walked to my fridge and grabbed a beer which my Aunt had stocked in there.

"What?" Spencer asked.

"Both afraid of sleeping alone now."

"We are not!" I defended us. My boyfriend laughed in only the awkward way that he could, and Derek realized that he was right.

"Aw it's ok to be in love little girl." Derek ruffled my hair. I had no response to his comment, because although I was in love I didn't want to seem like a love-sick girl.

The cap on Derek's beer popped as he opened it and began drinking.
"Way to be a good guest and get the new house-owner a beer." I joked at him. He rolled his eyes and handed me his freshly opened beer and went to grab two beers for Spencer and himself. Spence took a few sips and set it aside, not being one to drink.

"How is everything?" Spencer asked from across the room. I looked at him, slightly up set at noticing that we were sitting separately, and shrugged.

"It's pretty great I guess. Everything seems perfect so far. I just... it doesn't feel like home yet."

"Well of course it doesn't, you've only lived here for an hour."

XXXXXX

Derek was on his way out the door as I cast Spencer a look of desperation.

"Don't leave tonight." I begged, giving him the saddest look that I could muster. He cupped his hands around my face and kissed my cheek, smiling.

"I didn't plan on it." He kissed my lips and I tangled my fingers in his hair for the first time in weeks. Today was the first day in a long time that I didn't feel damaged. Sure, everything was still sore and I was hopping around on one leg, but I could move, and that was a plus.

"I love you, Spencer. I love you a lot." I whispered to him. He tugged on my hips, leading me over to the couch where we fell together, me laying on top of him. I winced slightly at the little amount of pain I felt in my ribcage.

"Are you ok?" He asked with concern. I nodded, leaning down for another kiss. He moaned into my mouth. I returned the gesture.

"I think um..." Spencer pulled back and closed and opened his eyes a few times in sexual frustration. "I think it's too soon, still."

"But, I'm fine." I defended myself. I wanted to take things further with him, and I wanted to do it right then.

"I don't feel right about it. Another few days, when you don't wince when we lay down, then we'll see how it goes."

"Ugh!" I threw my hands up into the air and sat up, pulling Spencer's collar up with me. I crossed my legs around his middle and leaned my forehead onto his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He laughed into my ear, his hands rubbing my back ever-so lightly.

"It's not your fault. You're probably right anyway."

"You know it's not because I don't want to. More than anything I just don't want to hurt you." He kissed my ear. I sat up straight, blowing pieces of hair from my face.

"Thank you. We should probably go to bed." I looked around the room. "Even though I still haven't unpacked. Do we have a case tomorrow?" I started to climb off Spencer in an attempt to clear my mind from what I was really concentrating on.

"Of course we do. When don't we?"

I scoffed. "Good point."
We began walking towards the bedroom, and I was stripping my shirt as we walked. "Piper.." He groaned.

"I'm just going to make this as difficult as possible for you." I turned to face him and tried to act as sexy as possible as I could while walking with a giant caste on my leg.

"Job well done." He started unbuttoning his shirt and slipping off the sweater he had been wearing. We both stopped walking, just waiting for the other to make a move. "How do you feel knowing that I won't sleep with you, regardless of how many articles of clothing you take off?" He asked me, smirking.

"Terrible. God Damn it, Reid." I turned around and walked into my bedroom. I tore some pajamas from one of the many boxes of clothing that I had yet to unpack. I dressed in front of him, making sure that he was in agony. It wasn't fair of me, I knew, but it was still entertaining to know that he wanted me as much as I wanted him.

"You're really killing me. You're just hurting us both by continuing with this game." He said as he stripped into his pajama bottoms and climbed into my bed. I joined him soon enough and straddled his waist, dipping my head down to kiss him. "Piper, please, I'm begging."

I kissed down his jaw. "Begging for what?" I asked in the most sexual tone that I could create. He groaned, pushing me lightly off of him. I sighed, not feeling rejected, but feeling silly for thinking that I could push Spencer to do something that he had no intention of doing.

"I'm sorry. I love you." His arms found their way around my waist and pulled me tightly against his body. I wiggled against him, feeling the heat between us.

"I love you too. Sorry for teasing." I smiled with my eyes closed.

"I've grown to love your teasing." He whispered. I knew that he also had his eyes closed. We were so in sync that it was a little bit frightening to me. I had never been this close to someone that I could tease him with everything that I had, and he would rather lay in bed with me than have sex and risk hurting me, even if I was begging him for it. That was love, strange as it seemed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Piper's New House <---Check out Pipers new house in that link! Thanks for reading! I love all of the comments, thanks to Silent Mockingbird, fabulous_39, CeraRachel, somebody_who_cares, chickirockx101, and
in.LOVE.we.trust!! I wanted to thank all of you for your comments, and since I didn't have time to respond to you, here's a shoutout.

Hope you guys like the story so far =]