Two High IQ's Make One Great Romance

Vegas Bound

Hotch looked down at me with pity held in his eyes. I sighed, feeling like just another worry for him.

"Hotch, take it easy. It's a private jet." I put my hands up and smiled at him.

"Are you sure that you're ready to fly? Your lung can take the altitude change?" He made me sit in a chair while he lectured me.

"Yes, I was checked by the doctor. You think that I would be stupid enough to fly and risk injuring myself?"

"No, no. You're right."

I grabbed my purse and straightened my shirt, feeling pretty for the first time in weeks. I had unpacked and separated all of my clothes, and my anxiety about picking outfits was finally over. I had dressed in a blue floral tank top with a billowy white sweater over-top it. On the bottom I had on light gray jeans and matching gray booties. I was finally okay-ed by the doctor to wear heels, which delighted me to no end. After weeks (what seemed like months) of not wearing anything but slippers, heels made me finally feel like a woman.

"So I told Penelope already that I can take care of everything on the flight, but tomorrow I'm completely off limits. On the third, call me the moment you need something."

Hotch nodded, watching me gain some confidence. "We should not be leaving for a case for another few days anyway. The other Behavioral Analysis Unit will be covering the case that we were supposed to be leaving on. Rossi is out of town now, and I assume that Reid is a bit shaken by now having you around for four days..." Hotch let a bit of a smile show. "And I'll be glad to spend some time with Jack."

I beamed at Hotch, feeling happy that the team was having some time off. It seemed as though no one ever got a break.

"Ok well, call me if you need anything." I gave Hotch a quick hug, something no one on the team besides Penelope and myself ever attempted to do.

"Will do. Have a safe flight."

After giving one final wave to Hotch, I walked to my car. The rest of the team was probably sleeping, it was near five in the morning. I had somehow managed to convince Spencer to sleep at his own house, without me, so that I wouldn't bother him when I woke up to get ready for the flight.

For the past two weeks, my last two healing weeks and the first two weeks in my new house, Spencer and I had barely spent any time apart. I was still working on cases at home, and he had been right by my side the entire time. Surprisingly, cases were still getting solved at a normal rate despite the fact that both of us were caged in my house. Anyway, convincing him to sleep at his home was difficult. He was adamant that both of us wouldn't be able to sleep without the other, which was true. I had maybe gotten an hour of deep sleep, while the rest of the night I spent tossing and turning. I had struggled with not calling him to hear his voice to lure me to sleep. But, we would be spending the next few days apart, so we had to learn how to separate occasionally. Besides, he spent most of his time out of town anyway, so sleeping separately would not be the end of the world.

My Aunt Lucy was waiting at the entrance of the plane as I pulled up. I handed my car keys to the trusted driver that Lucy had given specific directions to, and walked to greet her.

"Hey there!" she said, hugging me. "You must be feeling good, you look amazing!"

"Thank you!" We walked up the few stairs and into the jet that my father had prepared for us. "I finally feel good again. Well physically, that is." I joked.

"Still having nightmares?"

"They won't stop. I can't stop thinking about.... him." I wouldn't speak his name. Flashes of his face appeared in my eyes, a constant reminder of my terrible night.

"Let's forget about it. We're heading home, girl, we should be happy."

I smiled, sighing, and laughing internally at my crazy Aunt. "It's not really a happy occasion." I reminded her.

"True, true." She laughed after speaking.

We got settled and I opened my laptop, relaxing with technology in my hands. I didn't know when, or how even, but I fell asleep after take-off.

XXXXXX

Aunt Lucy was shaking me awake hours later.

"Piper, honey, we're here."

I sat up groggily. "What... hm?" I stretched.

"We're in Vegas."
I rubbed my eyes and let her words sink in. We had already landed? When did I sleep, and how did I end up on the couch?

"I moved you after you starting mumbling with your laptop on you. You're always so easy to convince in your sleep."

"I know." I answered, still groggy.

"Call Spencer, he's wondering what you're up to."

I grabbed my phone from the table in the cabin and dialed his number automatically.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey sweetie, we just landed." I yawned.

"Oh good. I knew you had fallen asleep. If your night was as good as mine was last night, you got a good two hours."

"One hour, but points for a good guess." I joked.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I could tell that he was pacing in his house, not knowing how to talk to me on the phone.

"Great, actually. Everything feels good. My ankle is a bit weak, still, but I think it's just adjusting to the heels I wore today."

"Heels? Heels! You couldn't wait just a few more days without putting on heels."

I remained silent, hoping Spencer's words would sink in with him. "Oh, right. I'm an idiot, never mind." He said as soon as he realized that I was not going to speak. He had, like I had suspected, gone from being controlling to the same old Spencer-y ways that he had. After his talk with Derek, his defensive body-guard form of my boyfriend had disappeared.

I laughed loudly at him. "Well we're about to step off the plane. I'll call you later tonight, but remember, I'm off limits tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too. Be safe."

"Bye."

My father was waiting outside of a limo for us. I ran into his arms, squeezing him and making sure to remember the way he looked now, because I was sure by the next time I saw him, he would have a few more gray hairs.

"You look great!" He smiled. I looked into his eyes, which were the same as my own, and smiled back. "Wish you weren't wearing those damn heels though."

"Why does everyone keep saying that? The doctors said I would be fine in whatever shoes I chose to wear. My ankle is a little weak, but it'll be fine."

"I know there is no way to change your mind, so I'll drop it." He turned his attention to Lucy. "Luce.. you look great too." He kissed her cheek.

"Oh stop, you just saw me last month."

"You get lovelier by the minute."

"Let's stop this chat and get in the car before I have to injure you for all the compliments." She climbed into the limousine, with me behind her and my father being the last to climb in.

We talked casually until we arrived at my old home in the upscale neighborhood in Vegas. I smiled as I noticed my old car sitting in the garage.

"Why didn't you sell this?"

"What are you going to drive when you visit?"

"Nothing, because you drive me around anyway."

My Dad was silent for a second. "I like the car, ok? It's nice to drive around in when it's hot."
We laughed at each other as we walked into my house. It was the same as always, still having the faint scent of antibacterial soap with lavender mixed in. It never failed to make me feel comfortable. No matter what house my Dad and I lived in, it always smelled the same. I brought my bag up to my old room. It hadn't changed either.

"What do you want for dinner?" My Dad peaked his head in from the hallway. I shrugged, feeling like a teenager again.

"Whatever."

"I hate it when you say that."

"I hate it when you say that!"
After another round of laughter I headed into the kitchen with my Dad to cook dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Piper's Outfit<---
Thanks for reading!! I know this chapter was a little boring, but the next one is interesting (or at least I think so). Thanks for all the comments, I <3 every one =]