Two High IQ's Make One Great Romance

Spoiled

Spencer had on a more casual outfit than I was used to him wearing. He had on brown corduroy slacks, a checkered button up and a pair of white slip-on converse. His
sunglasses perched on his nose and he squinted beneath his glasses as he admired the enormity of my Father's private jet.

"Just how often does he fly?" His hands ran through his hair as we tugged our bags in the direction of the plane.

"Almost every week. He makes business arrangements with other countries and needs his own plane. Besides, it's not like he can't afford it." We made our way up the steps and entered it, greeting the pilot and single attendant. I looked at the inside compartment and felt somewhat relaxed at the sight. The brown and red interior with brown leather couches and a small covered bed in the back room. There was a dark wooden table with four chairs surrounding it. A small bar was in the corner which I was sure was stocked with my Dad's favorite scotch. Two chairs sat across from the couch and beside the windows which allowed light to pour in.

"This is much, much better than the BAU jet." Spencer plopped himself down onto the leather couch and looked relieved to discover that it was insanely comfortable. "You know..." Spencer started, "I'm pretty glad that you are not spoiled I'm not sure I'd be able to keep you happy with the amount of money that I make." He laughed. I joined in his laughter and patted his thigh.

"You spoil me enough, Spence. I don't need things to make me happy. But I mean, hey, I'm a girl. Girls like nice things sometimes."

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me deeply.
The pilote pivoted in his chair and looked back at Spencer and I, clearing his throat.

"Are we all set to take off Miss?"

I nodded. He started the plane we began our journey to Las Vegas for Spencer's birthday.
I was shocked that we actually got the next few days off, but it was only on the condition that we keep in contact with the team during whatever case they were working on this week and try and do our best to help them out. I was almost positive that we would be of no help because of the distance between the team and ourselves, but I had my laptop and Spencer always carried around his brain so maybe we wouldn't be completely useless.

Spencer had managed to fall asleep on the plane, which didn't surprise me because the bed was extremely comfortable. I kept to reading and listening to soft music to keep me occupied while I heard his soft snores in the corner of the jet.

My father was at the airport to greet us when we arrived. He looked like he had just gotten back from the office, with a plain white button up and a black tie. His soft graying hair was blowing in the wind and I was thrilled to see him, like always. Spencer smiled when he saw him, knowing how much my Dad loved him for saving my life only a few months ago.

"Dad!" I greeted him as if I hadn't seen him in years. He pulled me into a hug and then followed it by shaking Spencer's hand with an enthusiastic smile.

"I got you guys a hotel room at Ceasar's Palace. Consider it a birthday present." He patted Spencer on the back as we began walking towards his small limousine.

"You didn't have to..." Spencer began but my father cut him off.

"It's not wise to argue with a man such as myself, you'll never win." The smile that matched my own stretched across my Dad's face as he looked to my boyfriend who beamed back at him.

"Thank you, Mr. Aigen."

"Of course Spencer. Anything for the man who saved my daughters life." They shared a weird moment, some sort of manly moment which I didn't understand, so I coughed uncomfortably.

"Ok, so, can I pick up my car from the house and then we'll get settled in the hotel?"

"That was the plan darlin'." My Dad answered.

The drive to the house was short, allowing me to catch my Dad up on the few things I had yet to tell him. Spencer told him about a few of the cases we worked on, the ones we could legally discuss anyway, and he seemed to be interested in everything we had to say. That was one thing about my Dad, he loved to listen.

Spencer didn't seem as shocked as I thought he would be when we arrived at my old house. He merely smiled at the mansion and headed for the front door.

"Why don't you give Spencer a tour while I get your car out?" He father suggested.

I tugged his hand and began walking. "You really want a tour?"

He shrugged. "I kind of just want to see your bedroom."

I tugged his hand up two flights of stairs to where I practically had my own wing to the house. Inside was a lack of color, mostly because I had taken everything with me on my move to DC, but most of my things from high school and college still remained. There was a white four poster bed across from a fire place. Beside the fire place was a pale blue chair where I used to read at night, and a small table where I normally set my coffee and mid-night snacks. A chandelier huge gracefully from the tall ceiling. Giant windows lined the wall and led out onto a balcony where I also spent much of my time. The room still smelled like it did in school, and made me miss it.

"This is nice." He said, taking a flying leap onto the bed.

"You should see the room my Aunt stays in when she's in town. Would you like to see it?" I asked, joining him on my bed.

"That's okay. Do you have your own bathroom?"

I nodded. "Through there." I pointed to a door near the balcony.

"You were a spoiled child!"

"Only after my Dad made money! Before that we barely had enough money to buy me new school clothes every year. It was up to my Aunt to help us out with food and everything. Technology is really what caused us to end up in a place like this." I said with some attitude.

"I know," He paused to kiss my temple, "I'm just joking."

"We should get to the hotel soon, I've got so much planned!" I said, hopping off my bed and picking up the bag I had tossed on the floor.

Spencer groaned. "Why couldn't we just have a nice dinner date or something? Everyone always makes a big deal out of my birthday."

"But this is the first birthday that we're together so you better get used to me making a big deal out of every occasion." I leaned over to him and pecked his lips.

We left my room and headed to the car garage where my Dad had made space for me to pull out my small red convertible.

"You're all set!" He said, tossing me the keys.

"Thanks Dad!" I said giving him a kiss on the cheek and climbed into the car. Spencer followed me into the vehicle. "Are the reservations all set up?" I asked him.

"Should be. If there's any problems, you have them call me." He said with an air of superiority in his voice. I rolled my eyes and pulled out of the driveway, heading towards the massive hotel only a few minutes away. Spencer mindlessly traced circles into my palm as I weaved between traffic, following the old path I used to take into the city when I was a teenager.

"I miss this place." He said with a sigh.

"We visit all the time, how do you miss it so much?" I asked him, mindlessly pulling into another lane.

"I grew up here. Even though a lot of bad things happened here, I mean, it's my home."

"Well then aren't you glad I made you come home for your birthday?" I asked, smiling.

"I guess I am." He leaned over and kissed my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you. Birthday boy."

"Technically my birthday's not until tomorrow."

I pulled into the gigantic parking lot in Ceasar's Palace and gave my keys to the valet after taking our bags out.

Spencer beamed as we walked into the hotel, admiring all of the amazing decorations and painted scenery. We were easily checked in, as I was fairly well-known in this city, and we were in our suite within minutes. Spencer gawked in amazement at the room my father had set up for us. There was a tree of cupcakes sitting on the counter top and a few balloons hanging by the king sized bed in the bedroom. The windows in the suite opened up for a great view of the city, and there was plenty of comfortable sitting and places for us to just relax during our two-day stay.

"I'm assuming these are from your Father." He dipped his finger into the frosting on one cupcake and licked it.

"You should see what he does for my birthday." I said as I tossed myself into the gigantic bed in our bedroom. I clicked the button on the universal remote that allowed the blinds to automatically roll up to expose the bright Vegas skyline.

Spencer strolled lazily into the bedroom and joined me in my awkward position on the bed.

"Nap before activities?" He asked. I moaned and nodded.

"Flying sucks." I giggled. He pulled my waist up so we could be closer in our sprawled entanglement.

"Sometimes I couldn't agree more. Alarm set?" He asked, pulling the covers over us.

"Hour and a half exactly. We have a lot of things to do."
♠ ♠ ♠
again i apologize for the short chapter, but im planning on the next one being longer (dont quote me on that, i havent finished it yet) BUTTT thanks all for reading! and i love every single comment I get and love the feedback! hope you like =]