Sequel: Turn Left

Edge of Seventeen

Four Times The Madness

Two weeks passed. I spent almost everyday in the studio with the guys when we weren’t all hanging at someone’s house. Zacky taught me how to tune his guitar and play a few notes, which came in handy when Brian broke a string and was too lazy to tune it. Matt finally took my advice and cut back on the screaming and to everyone’s surprise, the song came out awesome and now you could really appreciate the awesome lyrics they had. Now the guys were all referring to me as their good luck charm… except for Jimmy. To him I was still Kitty, which I honestly preferred. Then after that, Brian said I needed a stage name too. I thought they were all morons, because it’s not like I was getting on stage, but according to Brian, it made me an official part of the family, so everyone took to calling me Lil’ Shads. Apparently even Brian’s dad had a nickname.

I met Brian’s parents and family at another cookout and learned that Jimmy was also temporarily estranged from his family and Johnny’s parents were pissed at him for dropping out of college. Brian’s dad, who also played guitar, had taken in Johnny and Jimmy had his own place I was never allowed to set foot in, for whatever reason. I never really asked because it seemed like Jimmy was never there anyway.

Matt and I only got closer. He was just so genuine and overprotective in a good way; it was easy to open up completely after that first confession. I told him all my stories and he told me his. I had never had a sibling like this and I was most definitely loving it. Every night, Matt would come in my room and sing me to sleep after I let slip that I had sleeping problems, but felt safe when he and Zacky were there. Not even my birth parents had done this for me.

I guess I should explain. I grew up in a small town in the Florida Panhandle. My birth family were the kind of people who project the perfect family, but behind closed doors were nothing but cold selfish abusers. They never hit me, but for me the mental abuse was a thousand times worse. Pain is easy for me, it always has been and probably always will be, but being told, even when you got straight A’s that you could do better and that at this rate you would never amount to anything, gets to a little kid. My mother was the worst. She would always take her frustrations out on me, belittle me, spoil my brother and leave me with hand-me-downs and then tell me I wasn’t allowed to complain because she was so much better than her own mother because she didn’t hit me. Growing up, a lot of the time, I wished they would just hit me already, because I was smart enough to know I could call the cops and get out of there.

Eventually, I got fed up with it. I had found letters from my best friend since I was five, Alec, who had moved when I was nine, hidden in my parent’s closet. Apparently they thought he was a bad influence and hid all of his letters so I would think he hated me and had moved on. Secretly, I found his number and called him, telling him all about how bad things had come and his mother, a lawyer, told me that what they were doing was illegal and they could go to jail for it. I decided that night that I was done. I borrowed fifty dollars from my brother’s wallet and hopped a bus to California. I was surprised when I made it there. It was easy enough to just stick close to an adult to avoid questioning. At the time I was still only ten. Once I made it to Malibu, I visited Alec’s family, before going to the cops and explaining everything. When asked why I didn’t go to the cops in Florida, I told them, sobbing, I had always been a great actress, that my mom and dad were friends with the cops there and they wouldn’t believe me even if I tried. This got almost every cop there on my side and soon enough, I was removed from my parent’s custody. I had planned on living with Alec’s family, but my social worker, Caitlyn, said they weren’t around enough to properly care for the children they had, let alone me. I really didn’t give a shit, I mean hey, they were rich, I’m sure I could deal with it, but alas, I was thrown into the foster care system at eleven, and the rest was history.

Only recently had things turned around for me, when I was adopted by the Sanders.

“OH MY GODS ARE YOU SERIOUS! I love you so freaking much right now!!” I screamed into the phone, probably deafing Alec on the other end, “Thank you so fucking much!”

Alec just chuckled and told me good bye before hanging up the phone. I screamed again as I slammed down my fuzzy blue phone on the receiver and began jumping on my bed happily.

“Where’s the fire?!” Matt exclaimed, busting open my door, Zacky close behind wielding a baseball bat.

“I GET A BIRTHDAY PARTY!” I screamed happily before jumping off the bed onto Matt, who by some miracle caught me and managed to stay upright.

“Uhm… duh?” Matt said confused, “Who doesn’t?”

“Me, for the last four years, but this year Alec and Xander are throwing me one and they rented a CLUB!” I squealed loudly again, bouncing in Matt’s grip before hugging him tightly around to neck.

“Yay?” Matt said obviously still confused.

“Shut up, you can go in clubs legally. This is exciting for me! I don’t have to flash anyone to get in now!” I grinned evilly.

“WHAT?” Matt hollered. I burst out laughing.

“OHMIGODS!” You should have seen your face!” I laughed, “You seriously thought I would need to flash someone to get into a club? What a goober.”

Matt glared before pretending to drop me. I screamed and clung to his neck, but he caught me before I actually fell. I glared at him and he just gave me another one of his dimpled grins that he knew would get him out of trouble.

“Wait, when is your birthday?” Zacky asked, having stayed oddly silent through our exchange.

“Friday,” I grinned, shaking my legs so Matt knew I wanted down. He gently placed me on my feet and I ran at Zacky and jumping up to hug him. He just chuckled and caught me.

“You thought I forgot you didn’t you?” I giggled, squeezing his shoulders. Zacky just rolled his eyes at me before speaking again.

“Why weren’t we informed of this?” Zacky asked me, raising one of his dark defined brows.

I shrugged, “It didn’t seem important. You guys have been so busy finishing the album and I dunno.”

Matt glared at me, “Of course it’s important! My little sister’s first birthday with us! And damn it, you only gave me like a week’s notice!”

It was my turn to raise my eyebrow. I turned towards Zacky, who was still holding me, “Who pissed in his cornflakes?” Zacky rolled his eyes at me, but still smiled before putting me back on the ground.

“Besides, you guys can come to the party! It’ll be awesome… Just as long as you don’t kill Alec and Xander… we can get a little carried away at times…” I trailed off thinking of al of the crazy shenanigans we got into.

“What do you mean?” Matt said narrowing his eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes at him for what seemed the twentieth tie that day, “Don’t worry Mattie-poo, I’ve already tapped that and not planning to again.”

Matt growled and I just sighed.

“Oh grow up. You’ll get to meet them and make them shit themselves in about an hour anyways,” I said flippantly before moving to my bathroom, “Now leave so I can get dresses you pervs.”

**********

“ELLA! YOUR FRIENDS ARE HERE!” Gary called from downstairs. I squealed in delight before running down the stairs to come face to face with my two best friends.

I squealed loudly and ran at them, tackling them both to the ground in a giant hug. They just laughed and hugged me back before sitting up, Alec pulling me onto his lap as we sat there oddly in the foyer.

“We’re glad to see you too Elle that smells,” Alec smiled; his thick British accent something I had greatly missed.

“Oh you have no idea,” Xander smirked, his accent even thicker, “Lover boy over here has been waiting by the phone night and day for your call.”

Alec glared at his brother before hitting him upside the head. I giggled and ducked out of the way as Xander punched Alec in the shoulder. Soon they were all out brawling and I was rolling on the floor , clutching my side as I laughed maniacally.

“Ahem,” came a familiar voice form above me. The twins froze and looked up to see Matt and the rest of his band standing there with their arms crossed, looking tough.

What came next was not what I expected.

Xander screamed like a girl before jumping up right in front of Jimmy. He poked Jimmy, who stood confused, in the nose before screaming again and tackling me into a bone crushing hug.

“BITCH! Why didn’t you tell me you know Avenged Sevenfold?” He squealed in my ear. I just squeaked unable to breathe.

“Xan, let-go-I-answer,” I managed to get out. He let go and I bolted upright to hide behind Matt who now just looked confused.

“This one’s my brother,” I said, poking his chest before using him as a human shield, “I’ll sick him on you!”

Xander looked at Matt in wonder, “I don’t care,” he breathed, “You guys are awesome!”

“Thanks…” Matt said skeptically, “This is… increasingly awkward.”

“Get used to it,” I muttered, “They’re always awkward.”

“HEY!” Alec said, finally unfreezing form where he’d been staring at Zack and Brian.

“HE”S ALIVE!” I cheered, throwing my hands up.

“Damn it now there’s four of them,” Johnny groaned slumping his shoulders.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Lobster Jesse.
She can proof read it herself lol

This one was kind of emotional for me
and loosely based on my life.
Anywhoree
So What do you guys think is gonna happen at the party?
I have two ideas.
If you guys wanna hear them and vote check my facebook page ;D