Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 19

Aiden came home a few hours after me, not happy that I was at home. When he asked what happened, I told him everything.

“He’s here…are you sure?”

“It had to be, he took off without blinking, he convinced the secretary that he was both of my brothers…explain how that one works?”

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. “That’s not good,”

“Yeah, I know.” I said sighing and taking a huge gulp of my Dr. Pepper.

“No, it’s really not good.”

I raised an eyebrow at him, a little puzzled. “I know, Aiden. I’m the one he came for, remember?”

“Kris, I’m not going to be here this weekend. I have to go to a conference in Richmond.”
I cocked my head at him, staying silent for a moment. “When are you leaving?”

“Thursday.”

“Okay, so it’s not really an issue.”

“I won’t be here to protect you,”

“Hello! You have a twin named Eric that will be here, remember?”

“Yeah, well, he’s on duty all weekend. His once a month thing, remember?”
I laughed, standing from the table and heading out the living room. “Darn, I’ll have the house all to myself.”

Aiden was in front of me in half a second. “Don’t act so careless about this.” His eyes darkened slightly.

“Aiden, he can’t get into the house. I haven’t invited him in.”

Slowly taking this new information in, his eyes lightened back up to their normal hazel and he let out a breath. Shaking my head, I continued upstairs to my room. In all honesty, I was terrified about being here alone on the weekend. Sure he couldn’t get into the house – but he could basically go everywhere else. He had already proved that.

Sitting on my bed, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I checked the screen to see who was calling me. Don’t Answer repeatedly flashed up at me and I ignored it, no mood to deal with Damon today. Grabbing a pillow, I curled up around it and let my mind drift off until the point I was asleep.

~~

Hey, you’ve missed me! Leave me a –“. I hung up the phone and threw it onto the bed. Somehow, I was going to get it into her head to trust me over Stefan, to give me all the information. Why? So that for once I could become the good guy. I would be the one to save the day and possibly win Elena away from my dear brother.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair looking for something to wear for my date with Andi tonight. It may be a last one, who knows? All I knew was that for my plan to work, I had to take down this Jeremiah character. And to do that, I needed to get all the information I could out of Kris, pronto. Pulling out one of the multiple black button down shirts that I owned, I stripped off my other shirt and changed , walking back to the bed to pick up my phone and grabbing my keys off the nightstand. I punched in Andi’s number, and let her know that I would meet her at the Grill in fifteen minutes.

“I’m out!” I yelled when I walked out the front door, slamming it shut behind me. Sliding into the driver’s seat, I turned the engine on in my blue mustang and took off, not wanting to be late.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know...short and boring. It'll get better - promise ;)
~Kait