Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 30

He was drunk, again. Not even drunk, but completely and totally wasted. The three girls that sat around the living room were all unknown faces. All looked extremely pale under their spray-on tans, but they were content, because Damon compelled them to be.

Of course, at this moment, Big Brother himself was passed out on the floor, and he reeked of blood, alcohol, and sex. Elena, with her human senses, was lucky enough not to be tortured by this horrid smell.

“This is the hangover from last night?” She whispered, afraid to wake the beast.

I nodded slowly, carefully stepping my way into the living room. “It’s his way of showing he’s not upset.”

“But he obviously is or he wouldn’t be –“

“I know, but, this is how he’s coping.” By this point I had reached the first girl and woke her up a bit. I locked eye contact with her breathing out, “Find the keys, and drive your friends home. All you know was that it was a wild party last night.”

I repeated the last bit to the two others and, once I was positive that they were far enough away from the house, I poked the bear on the ground with my foot.

He groaned before rolling his head to the opposite side I was standing.

“Get up,”

“I prefer lying down.”

“Too bad,” I said, grabbing his arm and yanking him to his feet quite quickly. He tried to fight, but none of his motor skills were functioning under his drunken stupor. “You’re hung over and I won’t allow you to pity yourself anymore.” Damn he was heavy trying to carry down to the basement.

“Not exactly in the mood to do much else,” he slurred, not even trying to hold his own weight.
“Well, get over it. We’re going out tonight.”

“We? We who? I don’t have a date.”

“There’s a party at the Lockwood’s. I’m sure you can find a date.”

“So until then I’m stuck here as a third wheel in my own house. Awesome.”

I dropped his ass on the ground, grabbed a bad of O+ out of the freezer and threw it in his lap. “Don’t worry, we’ll stay out of your way so you can sober up on your own. Drink.”

“This is all her fault,” he mumbled under his breath before taking a deep drink.

Curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to push his buttons a little. “Who’s fault?”

“That damn girl next door.”

“What does she have anything to do with this? You chose to get drunk.”

“Yeah to show I don’t need her anymore. And it’s working.”

“No, I don’t think it is.” I answered, looking at his sad state on the floor with a little sympathy.

“Well, I do.” He said, shoving himself to his feet, but still leaning against the wall. He may need a couple of bags to fully sober him up. “Different girls every night, fresh blood, people happy to see me. Screw having a relationship.” He drank deeply again.

“If it’s working, why do you keep bringing her up?”

He stopped and looked at me for a moment, his jaw clenched. I shrugged and headed upstairs, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

~~

“Kris!”

“Yeah?”

“Do you know a … Stefan?”

I peeked my head into the living room, from the kitchen where I was busy cleaning up the breakfast mess from this morning. “Yeah..why-“ but I stopped short when I saw he had my phone in his hand. “Travis! Drop it!”

He didn’t, but instead chose to look through this message and read it aloud. “Hey, heard you were sick, hope you feel better. He misses you, but won’t admit it. Stopped by today, but the Twins say you’re contagious. Get better, soon!”

At this point, I was on his back as he stood, desperately clawing his arm for my pitiful purple razor in his hand.

“Who’s this ‘he’ Stefan speaks of?”

“No clue,” I lied, locking one arm around his neck, hoping to get a better grip on his back.
Travis sat down on the couch again, causing me to squeal, because now I was trapped. “Hmm…” Silently, I saw him hit the ‘Reply’ button and start to type God, if it would help, it’s killing me being separated from him too. Maybe –

“Travis!! Stop!”

“What? Isn’t that the truth?”

I grabbed the phone when he turned to look at me and deleted the message. “I don’t know what the truth is, alright? I came here to sort that out.”

“And you did. Now you are just hiding.”

“Am not!” I replied quickly, causing Travis to raise an eyebrow.

He moved off my legs, but then pulled me onto his lap, much like a father. “Yeah you are. You told me that you want this – “

“But what if he gets mad because I left?”

“Of course he’s going to get mad. You accused him of being Jeremiah and then left him. If he doesn’t get mad, well, then I would worry.”

“Why?”

“Because, hun, then he’s moved on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! I know that it has been forever and I greatly apologize! It's been a crazy semester. Thank you to all my readers and subscribers who stuck it through the dry spell. And thank you all who have been here since the beginning of this story, which was actually about a year ago this month!
Lots of Love!

Kaity

Part Update 1/3