Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 36

Mad was an understatement. My brothers’ anger level was about hell and brimstone. There was a suffocating hug and then about 30 minutes of solid yelling – none of which was me.

There became a point that I was sitting on the couch, Aiden was pacing the floor in front of me, in a very hunter way, and Eric was staring at me from the love seat on the side.

“So, why did you leave?” Eric asked, extremely calm.

“I was a bit overwhelmed with the new information you gave me and Jeremiah being here and –

“ I fell quiet for a second, taking a breath “-and some things that had happened with Damon recently so I needed to get air.”

“Not a good excuse.” Aiden growled. I don’t think he was paying attention to the last half of my statement. Eric did though.

“We told you to stay away from him.”

“Well, it was a bit hard when I was staying in there house while you were gone.”

“Why the hell were you in their house?”

“Well, Jeremiah chased me down and I managed to get hurt and Damon happened to be driving home and I couldn’t really walk by myself so he brought me to his house and then Stefan said he didn’t feel good about me being on my own so they kept me in a guest room.”

“And you thought that we didn’t need to know this?” Aiden half yelled at me, causing me to flinch.

“I didn’t want you to worry.”

“Worry is all we do with you! And if you think doing that then taking off like this help improve any trust we had in you, you’re COMPLETELY wrong!”

“Look, I’m sorry – it wasn’t like I was completely alone at all! Someone was always with me at school and Damon came up to work a couple of times to make sure I got home okay –“

“Do you remember what we told you about him? He’s the one-“

“That’s not what he said-“

“Of course that’s not what he said!”

“He said Jeremiah did it! He just healed me!”

“That’s what he wants you to think-“

“How do you even know? You didn’t show up until he was walking away!”

“How would you know that?”

“Because Damon told me!”

“So you are going to take everything he says as truth?”

“Well, he’s done a hell of a lot more for me than you!”

“How fucking dare you!-“

“Stop!” Eric shouted, standing in-between us in a second. I didn’t realize that I had stood up in all of the shouting.

He and Aiden had a five second non-verbal argument before the focus turned on me. “I just have a few questions. Sit.”

I sat.

They lined up shoulder to shoulder, arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed.

“How long?”

“How long what?”

“How long have you been seeing him?”

“We aren’t dating.”

“But obviously the want is there – so how long have you been seeing him without us knowing?”

I sighed. Coming clean was the best option here. “For the majority of the time we’ve been here. Always sporadically, never actually planned – like during rehearsals or he would show up for a drink at the bar or something.”

“Has he ever been in the house?”

“No.”

“How did he remember you anyway?”

“The scars. He thought he healed them, he didn’t understand why they were still there.”

They sighed, Aiden lifted his hand and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Eric continued. “Anything else happen that weekend other than what you told us?”

“No.”

“So where were you this past week?”

I took in a heavy breath, trying to make sure I didn’t burst into a new round of tears. “Travis’. He was planning on taking me home before Damon showed up there.”

Eric looked at Aiden, who just nodded. Aiden then reached into his pocket for his phone.

“That won’t work,” I mumbled.

“Because you’re lying?” Aiden asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“No, because Jeremiah had a little goonie kill him right as we were leaving-“ I could feel the sobs coming. “If Damon wasn’t there, I don’t know what would’ve happened.” And then I lost it.

Eric was at my side at an instant, pulling me into a hug.

Aiden was still reluctant. “You know, you’ve became a good actress over these few months.”

I glared at him, ready to get into a fight I know that I would lose. “Why the hell would I lie about this? About Travis? Travis has been another brother to me- you know that!”

“Well, I’m going to call to make sure.”

“Fine, you do that!” I shouted back, curling back up into Eric.

Quietly I heard in my ear, “I believe you hun; you’ve lost too many to fake these tears.”

“Thank you,” I whispered back.

“But, you’re still grounded.” He said, which caused me to let out a small laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that two chapters makes up a little bit for my absence! Thank you all my wonderful readers and subscribers for sticking with me throughout this story! It truly means a lot!