Status: Comments Are Welcomed :D

White Roses for Mary

White Roses

I stood watching them him curiously. Camera’s faced him as he interviewed someone about the institute, my home.

His black hair was pulled together at the top with gel; a tight shirt hugged and showed his muscles as baggy pants were held up with only a belt on his bottom.

I heard the people talking, they were investigating the house for some show, and I wanted to help. I decided that as soon as I saw the man. I noticed them go to the front door and I quickly rushed down curious to see him them up close. The others whispered warnings to me from their places of hiding but I ignored them. I stopped at the bottom of the steps, his gaze freezing me in place. For a moment I swore he could see me.

Deciding that was ridiculous I got closer. I got close enough where I could reach out and touch the man; in fact I longed to but stopped knowing I’d really be in trouble then.

Instead I remained in my spot and stared at him with curiosity. As the woman spoke I watched his eyes slowly look towards me the direction I was in. I swear I felt like he was looking right at me, which was impossible. He stared for a moment longer before going back to the interview.

Feeling more comfortable I dared to come closer. I came so close that I actually stood right beside the man.

“Whoa,” I heard him breathe. My blue eyes widened with curiosity and I cocked my head, wondering what made him say that.

“Guys I feel something right next to me,” He motioned to where I was.

He can feel me?

“Nick get me the EMF,” the tall skinny man reached into his back pocket pulling out a bulky looking device. Nick handed it off to the man who faced it where I was, I backed up a few steps fearing he’d hit me, I chuckled softly to myself thinking how stupid that was.

“Zak did you hear that?” The bald man said, my eyes widened in fear they heard me?

“Yeah it was a giggle,” he answered shocked. So his name was Zak, it suited him. “Look I’m getting a spike!” The man faced their cameras towards the device excitedly; I couldn’t help but smile glad I made them happy.

Soon they calmed down and went on with the tour, Martha was leading it. I found her nice; she was very respectful to me and the others. I silently followed, keeping my eyes on the Zak fellow. Martha took us through John’s room first. I liked John; he wasn’t mean to us and the people who came through, just scared. Next was Alice’s room, she used to be sweet then turned cold and angry, I used to know her before death also. Next was Ben’s room, I stayed in the hall knowing better than to enter; a huge part of me wanted to hold Zak back too in fear Ben would hurt him.

I peeked in to see Ben sitting in the corner staring at the guys through narrow eyes. My stopped heart suddenly started to beat in fear. Soon though they left and I calmed.

“Next I’m going to show you Mary’s room,” My eye’s widened as I followed them into my own room.

“This is everyone’s favorite room right?” Zak asked following her.

“Yes it is,” I smiled at the reply.

“Why is it the favorite room?” The man named, Nick asked.

“Mary’s sweet, she won’t hurt you. If you’re nice she’ll respond to you.” Martha smiled explaining me.

“Is this her?” Zak pointed to the picture of me they hung up on the wall. I followed him wondering what he thought of me.

“Yeah,” Martha nodded.

“She looks beautiful,” he muttered more to himself, I smiled as I watched him back up.

“How’d she die?” I was pulled out of my happiness by the question that the bald man asked.

“She hung herself in here when she was 16,” Martha said sadly. I looked down in shame.

“Why?” Zak asked looking at my picture again.

“Well she tried slitting her wrist before, that’s how she ended up here than a few months later she was about to be released and she hung herself.” I stared down at the scars on my wrist.

“She was about to be released though,” The bald man spoke.

“Well it was discovered when she came to the hospital,” I chuckled that they called a mental institution a “hospital”. “That she was pregnant that’s why she tried to kill herself. After the failed attempt however she lost the baby,” I lowered my head again out of shame and disgust.

“So why kill herself before she was free?” Zak asked.

“Well it was discovered that her father was raping her and was the father of her baby.” I turned away feeling sick.

“Oh my god, she didn’t want to go back to that.” Zak sighed shaking his head. I sat back on my bed not feeling up to continuing the tour.

They soon left and I remained in my spot for I don’t know how long until I heard their van leave.

“Mary,” I heard Rose whisper softly, I looked up to meet her big brown eyes.

“Why did you get so close, we don’t know what-“

“They won’t hurt us,” I assured the 12 year old girl.

“How do you know?” She said fear slipping into her voice.

“I-I don’t know. I just do,” I said thinking back to Zak.

Later That Day

Rose and I sat on the floor giggling as we pushed the ball; someone had left us once, back and forth. I heard the gravel outside crutch as a vehicle drove over it. Rose’s eyes widened in fear as I got up to look outside; they’re back, I smiled to myself as Rose tugged on my arm.

“Let’s go,” she begged.

“No, I told you they won’t hurt us,” I said turning to look at her.

“But-“ she protested.

“Go if you want I’m staying,” she stared at me a moment in fear. We both heard footsteps coming towards the room and she vanished, I saw Zak enter with flowers. I smiled at him brightly.

“Mary, if you’re in here, I wanted to give you something,” he placed the flowers beneath my picture. I went over to them reaching out and touching the white roses, my favorite. “I feel very sorry that anyone would hurt someone as sweet and pretty as you and I’ve left you these flowers. If you want you could come and talk to us, I know I we’d really appreciate it.” With that he left again and I remained in my spot smiling down at the flowers.

I knew he’d be different.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really shouldn't make this but it just came out. I had the urge to write and this came out, it's different though so I knew I had to make it. Comment and subscribe please! I am seriously addicted to this man *sigh*.
-Neche