Status: Comments Are Welcomed :D

White Roses for Mary

I Wonder

I sat next to Zak and watched some TV with him. I had no idea what was on but he was enjoying it and I was enjoying him watching it.

How queer it was to enjoy someone enjoying something; do others do that I wonder… Is it normal? Do people in love just sit and watch each other be in love and enjoy it?

We weren’t in love.

I wondered what life would bring me if I had stayed and waited for love. I don’t think it would have come though. How many men marry a girl who is already a mother? I’m not even going to mention the fact that the child would be my son and brother. I shook the thought away as I watched Riley cuddle on the floor between Zak and mines feet. He noticed me there but Zak didn’t.

I wondered if Riley knew I was gone. Does he think I am just Zak’s friend? A girlfriend perhaps? Maybe he thinks I’m his new mommy? I don’t know I am not a dog and am not sure if he knows the difference between a ghost and a human.

If he knew then he probably would’ve alerted his father somehow.

How odd do I sound? A dog telling his master a ghost is in the house? Ignore me and my ramblings… everyone does.

Just there was a knock on the door. Everyone in the room’s attention was drawn to it and Zak stood to answer.

Once again his large form was blocking my view from anything but I heard a voice.

Christine? What are you doing here?”

“I decided to surprise my baby!” I grew confused and soon Zak returned with another woman.

She had orange tanned skin and blond hair. Riley looked at her but remained next to my side. The woman ignored the dog and proceeded to hang off of Zak.

Who is she?

“Aren’t you excited to see me?” She asked.

No. Zak smiled and gave her a peck on the lips. My heart broke.

“Of course I am babe.”

I got up and left to Zak’s room. His door was open and Riley got up and followed me in there. Hopefully they didn’t notice and find it odd.

I laid on top of Zak’s bed and sighed. Of course he has a girlfriend. He is wonderful.

Not to mention he was easy on the eyes. No Zak was more than that; so much more.

He was funny and sweet, caring and kind, smart and clever. I sighed again. Riley jumped on top on the bed and whimpered at me.

“Just heartbroken,” I answered and he curled up in front of me before closing his eyes and slept.

I wondered if dogs ever got heartbroken. By another dog I mean.

Do dogs fall in love with each other than does one wander off with another? If so does the other feel like their heart just got ripped out its chest and stomped on?

Or is that just human’s that get that kind of joy? Oh how funny I can still be sarcastic even in death. I laughed bitterly out loud.

“What was that?” Riley and I sat up at her voice.

Both our eyes went to the door as her and Zak walked to the entrance.

“What was what?” Zak asked?

“I-I thought I…”

“What?” he pressed.

“I swear I heard something…”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know… I think I heard a laugh or something.”

She looked around the room like she was expecting for me to jump out and say “boo” or something weird like that.

“Maybe it was a ghost,” although Zak’s tone was teasing and joking he had something in his eyes.

I think he believed it but didn’t voice his opinion out loud. Probably didn’t want to scare the girl away.

Something inside of me clicked then; maybe I should scare her away. A grin made its way onto my lips but as Zak and her walked off I looked at Riley. His big brown eyes were questioning and I frowned.

“Yeah maybe I shouldn’t,” I sighed.

Zak wouldn’t appreciate it very much. Who would want a ghost scaring off the girl they love?

I wonder if he does love her.

Does he plan to marry her? Does he want her to bare his children? Could she even be a mother? I shook the thought away before laying down again.

I was being bitter again. I don’t know why. Not like I had a chance.

“Have you ever loved someone you couldn’t have Riley,” the dog whimpered in return.

“Yeah okay, I’ll shut up now.” I smiled before giving the dog an ear rub.

I laid down and watched him sleep wishing I still could just so I’d have something to do besides live with my thoughts all day.

I wonder… what would a ghost dream of?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it’s been long.
Comment!
-Neche Narcissist