Status: Comments Are Welcomed :D

White Roses for Mary

Ridley

I sat on the kitchen counter watching Zak make himself breakfast. I was now more comfortable around his naked torso after lying next to it all night but it still attracted my eyes. He hummed a song softly to himself as he cooked the eggs and bacon in the pan. I couldn’t help but wish I was doing that for him.

I should be cooking him breakfast so he wouldn’t starve, clean his clothes so he wouldn’t go naked, comfort him when he felt alone.

If I were alive I would cook and clean for him, wait on him hand and foot. I understand that women don’t believe in these ways now but I still do and I’d treat Zak like a king simply because I know I’d be his queen.

This would be our kingdom and I’d be home here keeping it safe while he hunted and proved people of the unknown. I wouldn’t even care about how much nights I’d spend alone or how many sleepless hours I’d worry about him. It didn’t matter to me now and wouldn’t then…

I know these thoughts are stupid and pointless though because even if I didn’t kill myself I would still be around 70 years old and Zak would never be with someone more than twice his age. A small sigh escaped my lips as I thought this over.

Suddenly Zak went ridged; you could see his hair stand on edge and his back went straight. Oh no, I think he heard me…

Slowly he stopped what he was doing and turned around, his eyes scanned the kitchen before he opened his mouth to speak.

“Is someone here?” He seemed unsure of himself.

I stayed completely still as I waited for him to forget about it. I didn’t want him to know I’m here. He’d get rid of me. After a moment he shrugged and turned back around.

He finished making his breakfast and put it on a plate. He went to the table to eat alone and I took a seat across from him.

Soon my breakfast fantasy was ruined by a knock on the door. I turned in my seat quickly to watch Zak walked to answer it.

“Hey,” I heard a smile in his voice and I tried to peak around him from my spot and frowned when I couldn’t.

Sighing I gave up and decided to wait until he either let the person enter or I could hear what they were saying.

“I was going to call but I decided to drop by, he missed you.” It sounded like an older woman.

“It’s fine and thank you so much for watching him.” Who were they talking about?

Did Zak have a son?


“No problem, my grandson Brian loves having him.” Oh my God…

“Come here Ridley, I missed you buddy.” I heard Zak say in a voice you used on babies.

I grew more and more confused but remained in my seat.

“Well I got to get going Zak, call me next time you need a sitter.” I could hear the woman walking away.

“Will do Mrs. Garrett!” Zak called before backing up and shutting the door.

Once he turned I noticed who “Ridley” was; a little dog with long brown hair. I smiled to myself at how cute it looked. I’m not sure the breed but I know enough to know that males don’t usually get those types of dogs. No someone of Zak’s size should get a bigger dog, a tougher one but for some reason it made Zak that much manlier… The fact that he could still have a tough guy reputation with that dog.

He held the dog and played with him as the dog’s tail waggled quickly in excitement.

“Alright buddy, I gotta finish eating,” Zak said as he put the dog down and went back to his food.

It was then that the dog noticed everything else around him. My eyes widened in fear. Oh no… I thought to myself as his brown dog eyes landed on me and his head tilted in curiosity.

“Shh,” I warned and he started to bark.

Well from such a little dog it was more or less like yapping. My eyes widened more as Zak furrowed his brows at his dog and walked back over to him.

“Ridley?” He questioned looking down at him.

The dog ignored his master and kept yelping at me in excitement besides anger. Finally Zak picked him up.

“Ridley,” he repeated. “Is someone here?” He asked.

The dog snapped out of his trance and looked at his owner. As if suddenly realizing he was there he stopped what he was doing and started to lick Zak’s face out of joy. He chuckled at this and pulled him away slightly.

“Ah Buddy I missed you too,” Zak coaxed as he set the dog down again.

This time the dog paid no attention to me which was a relief. I turned in my seat and put my head down in my hands. That was terrifying. Why was I here? This was stupid and I’m an idiot for doing this, coming here. Maybe I should let Zak know I’m here than he could have someone get rid of me or something. Send me back… or maybe even… No he couldn’t help me cross over…

I’ll just leave; he could go back to normal and hopefully never know I was here. That’s what I’ll do, just leave. The thought was final in my mind as I slowly lifted my head.

The sight in front of me shocked me; Zak sat across from me just staring at me. Well in my direction anyway, I swear his eyes met mine though. His brows were furrowed and lips tight in a curious gaze. Finally after a long moment his lips separated like he was about to speak of instead a gust of air escaped. Shaking the moment off he shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat.

Then I remembered why I came; he made me feel alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
RIDLEY!!!!!!! I <3 him...
He's zak's dog: here's a pic.
Sorry I haven't updated in a while... my lifes been... BLAH.... Don't EVEN wanna get into it.

Katie knows, its basically a train wreck on a airplane crash ^.^
Thats a good way to explain it right Katie? RIGHT!
So comment? Banner? Something?

Fun fact, I wrote this whole chapter with the only exception by Paramore playing on repeat XD.
-Neche