Status: ACTIVE :3

Waiting

VI

I woke up to my alarm the next morning, and I realized that Madisyn managed to not only ruin my family thus far, but also my weekend. It wouldn't matter much longer, I could hang out with my friends at school and leave her to make some of her own and leave me alone. I got out of bed and walked to my bathroom starting my routine to get ready for school.

Once my hair was dried and straightened, I walked over to my closet and pulled out a plain black v-neck t-shirt and some fitted blue jeans. I found some of my black Toms that were in the back of my closet and I grabbed a blue baseball cap that use to be my dad's. Once all my make up was done, I put on the cap and grabbed my school bag before walking casually downstairs.

“You look cute today,” mom smiled and I returned it before going to the fridge and grabbing some orange juice and sat down with my glass. Mom sat down a small plate of bacon and a biscuit down in front of me and I started on my small breakfast.

"Thanks mommy."

“Good morning, sweetheart.” I decided to continue eating, and not acknowledge Madisyn's presents until it was absolutely necessary. She sat down in front of me, after getting a glass of milk.

“Morning, Gena.” she sipped it quietly, avoiding eye contact with me. Dad came down a few minutes later ready to go record something in the studio probably and sat down on the left of me, leaving mom to set down his and Madisyn's plate before sitting herself.

“Good morning, Tori,” He turned to Madisyn. “Good morning Maddie.”

Since when did he give her a nickname? She's only been here for three days. I rolled my eyes but bit my tongue. I didn't want to start this day off bad between me and dad since our relationship has been kind of rocky lately. I stood up to put my plate in the sink when dad turned his attention to me.

“Will you take Maddie to school this morning?” I knew that even though he was asking me, I didn't really have a choice. I sighed heavily before muttering a 'whatever'. I finished off my glass of orange juice before putting it in the sink and walking over to the table to kiss my mom and dad's cheek good bye. I picked up my bag and motioned for Madisyn to follow me to the car.

The ride to school was awkward and silent, and I figured that dad already called ahead and all she had to do was to get her schedule. I parked in my usual parking spot and was glad the ride was over. I hopped out of my car and locked it, running off before Madisyn could ask me where the office was. I made it to the lunch table outside where all my friends were already hanging out.

“Tori! I haven't heard from you all weekend, what happened?”

I looked over to my best friend, Amanda and shrugged. “I don't really want to talk about it.”

She nodded and then told me should would talk to me later before running off to class. The bell rang before I could even sit down and talk to anyone and I sighed. I walked to class with Andrew, which was one of my best guy friends. I secretly thought he was gay, but he seemed to like girls enough to be dating one that is a sophomore. We shared a couple of classes together and I was happy that so far, Madisyn wasn't in my first class.

The day rolled on and finally everyone's heard the news that the new girl is my sister. I cringed every time someone mentioned it but I did my best today to ignore all that was questioned about it. I was sitting at the usual table I sat at for lunch, waiting on my friends to get done with class and meet me here when Madisyn walked into the cafeteria. I shot her a warning look, and she steered clear of my table. Amanda and Johnson walked over to my table and sat down and immediately started questioning me.

“Why didn't you tell me the new girl was your sister? Why isn't she sitting with us?” Johnson asked, throwing his arm over Amanda's shoulders. They were in to each other, but decided not to date just in case it wasn't to work out they wanted to stay friends. I never saw the logic in that but whatever.

“She is not my sister.”

Amanda's eyes widened, but kept her mouth shut about it. Johnson just shook his head, and it wasn't long after that, that Andrew walked up to the table. “So, it turns out that Madisyn is your sister and you didn't even tell us.”

I groaned loudly, slamming my head down onto the table. “I refuse to believe she's my sister. And I would appreciate it if everyone would stop calling her that.”

“I think you should ask her to come over and sit with us,”

“Definitely not.” I looked at Andrew to see him smiling devilishly. I knew he liked to annoy me a lot of the time but I didn't think he knew how serious I was being. He stood up and walked over to where she was sitting with some other kids that never said much to anyone. I watched him talk to her and when she got up to follow him, my jaw dropped. I thought she would know better, even if he didn't.

She walked over to me timidly, and I stood up, walking out of the lunch room furiously. So much for them. They talked to her anyways, as I walked to the library. I pulled out a book and started to read it, waiting for lunch to be over. When it finally was, I walked up to my last class and blew out a sigh of relief when I saw that she wasn't in there. I held my breath until the last bell rang and then I let it out when the door closed. Leah was sitting behind me, and I felt her tap my shoulder. We weren't as close as I was to Amanda, but right now, she was more of a friend to me.

She passed me a note since class had already began and I took it slyly, unfolding it and laying it over my notes.

'Do you want to talk about it?' I shook my head, crumbling up the paper in my head and continued following on with the lecture. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her shake her head in a disappointing way but I ignored her for the rest of class. I just wanted this day to be over so I could hide myself in my room.

When the dismissal bell rung, I walked to my car quickly, hoping that if I got there before Madisyn I could just leave her here because dad said nothing about bringing her home with me, but with my luck lately, she was leaning up against my car, waiting for me. I braced myself for another awkward car ride home. As long as she kept her mouth shut around me, we would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Victoria.
Sorry about the short break, but now Shannon's back everything should be continued as planned.
Let us know if you love it or hate it.
<3