Status: Finished.

I'll Never Forget

Quinque.

It’s been a few years since Lissa died. I never cried and I don’t think I ever will. I think sometimes the tears stay in when you love someone a lot and you can’t seem to forget them. I remember Lissa clearly still, though I have left behind my childhood memories in that dusty town. I haven’t broken my promise.

It was today three years ago that you went into your backyard with your dad’s shotgun and never came back. I come home every year to pay my respects.

I run my hand over the cool granite lettering and let the autumn air ruffle my hair.

“Hi, Lissa.”

I wind stops and I open my eyes to the ancient, winding trees that encircle the cemetery.

“How are things?... Good, I hope.”

I blink slowly and look around me. Alone.

“Lissa, I won’t be coming back anymore.”

I trail my hands down to the grass where I’m kneeling.

“I can’t.”

I finger the soft petals of the white flowers in the stand next to the grave.

“I’m not sorry. I can’t take being here anymore and I need to go on with my life and focus on… Me. Not you. You’re dead and I’m not. So I won’t be coming back.”

I stand up and step back onto the gravel path. Deep breath.

“I love you, Lissa. Always will.”

And I leave the grave, never to see it again.

I’ll never forget you.

Never.

I’ll never forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finito!