My Boyfriend Is My Step-Brother

My Boyfriend Is My Step-Brother Chapter 6

Thank you to lightsfan for the cover!

A week or so passed I finally finished the song for my mom and her fiancé. The band and I started to work on the song. James and Mary-Kate had some good ideas to make the song better. We also started working on our demo. The wedding was in a few days and so was our California trip.
We had to be ready.
Kendall and I were doing great. I could feel us slowly coming out of the honeymoon phase. We haven’t really fought but I could feel it coming soon. He did little things that annoyed me and I apparently nagged too much. Regardless we were happy.
Our parents were out a lot dealing with wedding things which let me and Kendall actually be a couple.
The band and I were in the basement practicing the wedding song trying to get it ready for the big day. When Kendall came down stairs with pizza and Shane. I smiled at Kendall as the song came to a close.
“Alright,” Dylan said smiling.
“I think the song is pretty much perfected,” Mary-Kate said putting her guitar down and walking over to Kendall.
“Yeah,” the rest of the band said heading in the direction of food.
“Alright, we’ll run it again tomorrow,” I said joining them. I gave Kendall a kiss as I took a slice of pizza.
We hung out in the basement for a little longer before Mary-Kate and Dylan escaped upstairs. They started hooking up about a week ago after a show we had.
The rest of the band went home and Kendall and I were on his bed making out. He tried once again to move things a little too far and I pulled away from him.
He sighed as I sat up, “I’m not ready,” I said putting my hand on his cheek.
“I know…” he said putting a pillow over his crotch.
“I can go…”
“No. Stay the night,” he said moving over. I laid next to him and closed my eyes as he cuddled next to me.
“Thank you,” I said as he kissed me.
“Of course, babe”.
The next few days were more of the same. Tomorrow was the wedding and I was in my dress staring at myself in the mirror.
“What’s up?” Mary-Kate asked walking passed my room.
“Nothing, I just can’t believe mom is getting married again,” I said smiling.
“I know, I can’t believe we have brothers now and you’re dating one!” she said sitting on my bed.
“Shut up,” I said rolling my eyes.
“I’m just saying,” she laughed.
“How’s Dylan?” I asked smiling at her.
“Great, really talented if you’re picking up what I’m putting down”.
“Gross, dude, I don’t want to hear about your sex life”.
“Don’t get mad at me just because you can’t bang your boyfriend”.
“How did you know that?”
“Shawn told me…”
“Oh hell no,” I said before leaving my room. I stormed downstairs and into the living room. He was watching basketball with Shawn.
“Kendall can I talk to you for a moment?” I asked walking into the living room. He followed behind me and I stood there arms crossed fuming.
“Don’t go around telling people about our sex life,” I snapped.
“We don’t have a sex life and Shawn is my brother I’m going to tell him what’s up with us,” Kendall said simply.
I rolled my eyes, “I don’t care, I don’t want people knowing what we are or are not doing”.
“No one knows but family!”
“I don’t care!” I said and with that I pushed passed him and headed up stairs.
“Ugh!” I heard Kendall yell as I closed my bedroom door.
******
I watched my mom dance around the dance floor with Kendall’s dad, John. I sat next to Mary-Kate since Kendall was still being an ass. John and my mom made their way over to us. John took my sister and I by the hand and my mom took the boys by their hand. Our parents danced with us and slowly but surely everyone started dancing.
Shawn stole Mary-Kate away from his dad and started dancing and Kendall did the same with me. We danced together in silence for a little bit before he broke the silence.
“I’m sorry okay? I tell Shawn everything. He’s my older brother, he shows me the ropes. I guess he told Kate because he assumed she knew. I’m sorry,” he said looking me in the eyes.
“I forgive you,” I said. “I just feel a little embarrassed. I’m not Kate, I can’t just sleep around,” I whispered.
“We don’t have to do anything that you don’t want to do,” he said pulling me a little closer.
I smiled, “in a few hours you can be my boyfriend”.
“In Cali,” he said smiling back at me as the song stopped.
“Alright! Now I believe Clarissa’s daughters and their band have a song to sing,” the announcer said.
Mary-Kate and I looked at each other and smiled.
Show time!