My Boyfriend Is My Step-Brother

My Boyfriend Is My Step-Brother Chapter 5

“Alright, so we need at least three songs for our demo,” Mary said at our band meeting the next day.
Since we were going to Cali, we figured why not try and get our big break.
“I vote on Take my hand,” I said writing it down.
“Agreed,” Kelly said as Dylan nodded his head.
“How about Perfect Summer? The crowed loved it when played it a few weeks ago.”
The rest of the band agreed and I wrote it down.
“Next?”
“Weren’t you writing a song a few weeks ago?” Dylan asked.
“Yeah, but it still needs work. We haven’t even started playing it yet.”
“We’ll work on that now.” Mary said grabbing her guitar. “Play it for us again.”
I grabbed my guitar and played it for them once again. Including Mary’s solos.
“Alright if you are a guitarist please stand up and come here. Everyone else, talk amongst yourselves,” I said as Dylan and Mary walked over to me.
“We’re going to go raid your fridge,” Frankie said as they headed upstairs.
I walked the guys through the song twice before playing it through.
“Alright, go learn the lyrics or something,” I said walking over to James.
“Hey!”
“Sup beautiful,” he said as I joined him.
“So, you just have a bunch of easy cords,” I said quickly walking him through it.
I made my way over to Frankie then Kelly.
“Alright, let’s play together!” I said picking up my guitar. “If you get lost, fake it!”
“One! Two! One, Two Ready Go!” Kelly counted us down and we started to play.
The intro sounded really good. This song was a lot heavier than our other ones.
Kendal helped me write it.
“That was so sick!” Kelly said jumping out of her seat. “That has to go on the demo!”
“Alright,” I said writing it down.
“We leave for Cali in two weeks. We have to record next week this time.”
“Pizza time!” Frankie said racing to the door and we hurried after him.
“Hey Shane” Mary and I said before leaving.
“Wait!”
I stopped and looked back at Kendal.
“Hey babe,” I said.
“Pizza run?”
“Yeah…”
“I’m guessing I have to stay?”
“Don’t look so butt hurt. I’ll save you a slice.”
“Fine…”
“Holly!” Dylan called.
“I got to go.” I hurried over to him and hopped into the car.
********
I sat at my desk and stared at the blank lined paper.
I needed to write a song for the wedding. I knew my mom would want an original song by us, but I just couldn’t find the words.
I started writing when Kendal walked in.
“Hey,” he said sitting on the bed next to me.
“Hi, how does this sound to you. ‘I know I’ve said this a thousand times, but today I can’t get the words right…’. You know what…maybe not. I don’t even know where I would go with that.”
“I like it, but I have to ask you a question.”
“Ask away”
“Is there anything between you-”
“Nope!”
“You don’t even know who I was going to say.”
“I’m dating you not anyone else.”
He smiled. “Okay. What are you working on anyway?”
“A wedding song for my mother and your father.”
“How’s that going?”
“Difficult.”
“You’ll figure it out.”
“I hope so.”
Kendall kissed me before leaving.
I smiled as I watched him leave before I ripped out the sheet of paper.