Status: Active, updates once (or twice) per week

Forget About Me It's What I Deserve

Five

Image

Sky’s P.O.V.

The first week in the hospital passed rather quickly. The guys would visited almost every day so I wouldn’t be alone. I was so happy to have them back into my life, and Hailey’s of course. The kept me update about what happened in the house.

I’d managed to keep Alex away by letting Kat tell him I didn’t want him to visit with Hailey, because I didn’t want Hailey to worry about me. Alex apparently excepted that explanation, because he and Hailey didn’t visit.

I really didn’t want to see Alex, I was going to get out of here in a two days. Hailey was staying at Alex until Friday, since he had her for two weeks, and Kat would pick Hailey up when she came back Saturday.

It was 2 o’clock and I knew Jack would be here soon, he always came, even if the other two couldn’t, Jack always showed up around 2. And yes, the door of my room flew open revealing Jack in the doorway. “Hey Sky!” I giggled. “Hey Jack.” He took a seat next to my bed. “Hey Jack, guess what?” “What Sky?” “I getting out of here in two days, the doctors say I’m fine, so I can go home!” Jack smiled and hugged me. “That’s amazing Sky, but what about Hailey? I mean, you said you didn’t want to see Alex.” “I know, Hailey is gonna stay with you guys until Saturday. Kat will pick her up when she gets back.”

Jack nodded and suddenly looked at me with an innocent face. “Jack…. Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked cautiously. “Well…….. since you’ll get outta here in two days, you’ll be home this Friday, right?” “Yes, why you asking?” “We’re having a concert here this Saturday…..” He trailed off. “Jack, no. I’m sorry, you know how much I’d love to see you guys perform, but I can’t risk Alex seeing me.”

Jack went down on his knees. “Please, Sky. Pleeeeeeeeeease.” Before I could answer Zack appeared in the doorway. “Are you proposing to her Barakat?” He chuckled. Jack looked over his shoulder. “Nope, I did that before remember? She said no.” My heart stopped when he said that. It was true, I’d hurt Jack so much and still he was so sweet to me. He really was one of my best friends. “I’m just trying to convince her to come to the concert on Friday.” He turned back to me. “You can stay in the back, so Alex won’t see you.” How could I say no to him after all he did for me. “Fine!” I exclaimed.

Jack smiled widely a me. “I knew you’d gave in eventually.” Zack, who was still leaning against the doorpost, shook his head at the scene in front of him. “So, how’s Hailey doing?” I asked him. His face fell. “She’s fine…. But Alex….. He’s convinced she’s your daughter. We did everything we could to tried to convince him otherwise, but he won’t listen.”

“What!” Oh god no, he couldn’t have found out. “Relax Sky, he has no actual prove and there’s no way he’s going to find you. I’ll make sure of it.” He promised. “Thanks Zack. Does he… you know… does he know she’s his?” Zack chuckled. “No, he’s too caught up in the thought of finding you he hasn’t even thought about who Hailey’s dad is for a single second.”
I was relieved at this, but I was sure he would figure it out pretty soon.

Zack left after an hour, but Jack stayed a little longer. He was happily chatting about how cute Hailey was. I wasn’t really paying attention.

“Yo, Sky, you listening?” He waved a hand in front of my face. “Hmm, what? Oh sorry, Jack. I was just… thinking.” “About what?” “About what you said to Zack when he came in. You know, about me saying no when you…..” I bit my lip to keep the tears in. “Hey, don’t cry.” Jack crawled next to me on the bed and hugged me.

“I’m sorry, Sky, I shouldn’t have said that. I didn’t mean to hurt you. It’s fine, I’m over it. It’s no big deal.” “No big deal?” I cried. “Jack, you asked me to marry you and I dumped you for your best friend! How is that not a big deal?” “Because it’s not. Sky listen, I guess I always knew the bond between you and Alex was stronger than ours, but I never wanted to see it. I was in love with you, but deep in my heart I think I always knew I couldn’t beat Alex.” He chuckled humorless. “I mean he’s Alex fucking Gaskarth.” His tone darker than before. “Nobody can compete with him, especially not me.”

I looked up at Jack’s face, his expression broke my heart. “Oh Jack that’s not true. You’re just as amazing as him. Wait, scratch that, you’re even more amazing. I’m sorry for what I did. I never meant to hurt you. Any girl is lucky to have you and don’t you have a girlfriend.”

Jack dropped his head. “I’m not sure. I mean we had a fight the other day. We fought before, but this time it was really bad. I don’t know if we’re still together or not, she won’t return my calls.” “Oh Jack, I’m sure it will work out. If not, I’m personally going to kick her ass and make her take you back.” He smiled a little. “Thanks Sky, you’re amazing. But before you’re going to interfere with my love ife, how about we’ll get you and Alex back together. ”

I sighed. “I’m not sure if I want him back Jack.” Jack grabbed my face and looked me straight in the eyes. “Do. You. Love. Him?” He asked slowly. “Yes, but….” “No buts, you love him, he loves you, simple as that. I’m going to help you get back with him, I promise.”

I kissed his cheek. “You really are something else Barakat, you know that right. You’re such a good friend, I love you.” He kissed the top of my head. “Love you too Sky.”

He stayed a little longer and finally left with the promise to come back tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that week

It was Friday today, the day of the concert. Kat would come back tomorrow. Suddenly my phone rang. It was Kat.

“Hey Kat, what’s up?”

“Sky, bad news, I’m going to stay one day longer. Don’t worry, I already called Alex to ask if Hailey could stay a little longer, it’s fine. “

“Thanks for calling, I’ll see you Sunday then. Bye.” And I hung up. I dropped my head in my hands, I really wanted to see my baby. It’s been two fucking weeks! I asked Jack to come over with her, but according to him Alex wouldn’t let Hailey out of his sight.

I looked at the clock and saw I only had an hour until the concert. Fuck, I had to get ready.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex P.O.V.

I’d told my plan to the guys, they thought it was crazy, but agreed to help me. Right now we were backstage, waiting for the show to start in a couple of minutes. “You’re crazy you know that?” Jack asked. “But who knows, maybe Sky might actually be here.” He didn’t answer and just patted my shoulder.

“Guys it’s time.” Our manger yelled and the intro started. We ran on stage and started to play Lost in stereo. After the song I greeted the crowd.

“Hello Chicago! It’s so fucking amazing to be here! Thanks for coming out.” The crowd cheered. “Let’s play a song, this one is called Six feet under the stars.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We were halfway through the set and had just finished playing Jasey. I grabbed the mic and threw a few guitar picks into the crowd.

“We’re gonna do something a little different today, because the next song is a cover. Does anyone here knows the song Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard?” The crowd cheered loudly. “Sound like you guys do.” I laughed. “Anyways, this song is for someone who is very special to me. I love her very much, but she left a couple of years ago. I never stop trying to find her because in my heart I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together.” I sang and scanned the crowd. “I don’t know if she’s here tonight, but if you are Sky, this is for you.” And I started to play.

There's a place off Ocean Avenue
Where I used to sit and talk with you
We were both 16 and it felt so right
Sleeping all day, staying up all night
Staying up all night

There's a place on the corner of Cherry Street
We would walk on the beach in our bare feet
We were both 18 and it felt so right
Sleeping all day, staying up all night
Staying up all night

If I could find you now things would get better
We could leave this town and run forever
Let your waves crash down on me and take me away

There's a piece of you that's here with me
It's everywhere I go, it's everything I see
When I sleep, I dream and it gets me by
I can make believe that you're here tonight
That you're here tonight

If I could find you now things would get better
We could leave this town and run forever
I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together
Let your waves crash down on me and take me away

I remember the look in your eyes
When I told you that this was goodbye
You were begging me not tonight
Not here, not now

We're looking up at the same night sky
And keep pretending the sun will not rise
Be together for one more night
Somewhere, somehow

If I could find you now things would get better
We could leave this town and run forever
I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together
Let your waves crash down on me and take me away


I looked at the faces in the crowd, hoping to see Sky’s bright blue eyes. I searched, but I didn’t see her. Still, something was telling me she was here, I could feel it. I smiled and we continued with our set.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky’s P.O.V.

I listened to Alex singing Ocean Avenue, a song I’d always loved and now that I thought about it was the perfect song for him to pick, and a tear escaped my eyes. He didn’t even know I was here, and yet here he was, singing his heart out. This was Alex’s way of apologizing for what he’d done so many years ago.

The song ended and Alex eyes seemed to search to crowd, his face fell a little when he didn’t find who he was looking for. I could hear the two teenager in front of me talking. “Oh my god! That was AMAZING! If I were her I would definitely take him back.” One giggle. “Why the hell would you walk away in the first place.” The other responded.

I smiled a little to myself. They were right. I finally realized how much Alex still loves me and how much he missed me. Jack was right when he said Alex and I should be together. I needed to talk to Alex, he needed to know I felt the same way.

When I got home I texted Jack.

You were right. I still love Alex, I want him back.

Finally! Took you long enough. Why don’t you come pick up Hailey yourself tomorrow? So you can talk to Alex.

Alright. See you tomorrow.

CU, G2G, I think the guys wanna go out. Not really feel like going, I’m still hungover from yesterday.

I chuckled and put my phone away and went to bed. Happy that maybe after three years I could get my happy ending.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex’s P.O.V.

The show had been a success. We’d all showered and were hanging around backstage. “Yo Alex, we’re going out, you’re coming?” Zack asked. I shook my head and pointed to Hailey, who was sleeping on the couch. “I can’t guys.” Rian picked up Hailey. “You’re going out. You spent the past two weeks obsessing over Sky, you need to get out dude. We’ll get someone to watch Hailey, but you’re coming with us.”

“I’ll watch her.” Jack volunteered. “She’s already asleep and besides I’m still hungover from last night.” We all laughed at this. “True.’ I chuckled. “You sure you’ll be fine?” “Yes! Now get the fuck out of here.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Several hours later

It was probably somewhere around two in the morning, the club was packed and I was completely shitfaced, not drunk, shitfaced. I’d lost the rest of the guys and right now every blond girl with blue eyes looked like Sky to me.

My phone beeped. I looked to see I’d gotten a text for Jack. Hailey’s mom is coming over tomorrow. Hailey? Who was Hailey? I was too far gone at this point, I was lucky if I remembered my own name.

“You’re Alex right?” I turned to look at the blond sitting next to me at the bar. “Yeah.” I slurred and smirked at her. “And who might you be?” “The girl giggled. “I’m Stella.” She introduced herself. “Nice to meet you Stella. You wanna dance?” She nodded eagerly and I pulled her onto the dance floor.

We danced for a while and I was getting bored. I spun her around so her back was against my chest. “Stella would you take me home?” I sang lightly into her ear. I spun her back again to face me and I crashed my lips to hers. “You wanna get outta here?” I whispered. She nodded and we left to club to find a taxi back to my house.

We stumbled in. “Ssssh.” I slurred. Stella giggled. Suddenly I was very greatful this house had three storeys. Jack’s and mine/Hailey’s bedroom was on the top floor and Rian’s , Zack’s and a guestroom were on the second.

I let Stella to the guestroom and closed the door. We fell down on the bed a I kissed her. The kissed deepened and soon our clothes were shattered around the room.

Stella moaned my name, thank god she wasn’t loud. I thrusted into her one last time and grunted out Sky’s name. I collapsed on top of Stella. She pecked my lips. “My name is Stella, not Sky.” She giggled drunkenly. I yawned and laid down next to her. I fell asleep shortly after that, not knowing I was going to wake up with one hell of a hangover……..
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to Ocean Avenue and realized how good the song fits Alex and Sky relationship.

Please don't hate me for the whole Stella thing, it was necessary for the story. You'll find out why soon.

Oh fans of Jack are probably gonna like the next chapter. Alex fans are probably not gonna be very happy with me in the next few chapter.

So, I posted the link to the sequel. I'm not sure how long this story will be, but I felt like putting the link up.
Does any want me to do a sequel?? If not I'll just delete it. Anyways, let me know.

I finally found out where ATL got the title of their song Keep The Change, You Filthy Animal from. I wanna know how many people know this. I'll post the next chapter when someone get's it right.

Oh also, any predictions for the next chapter?
Love, Felicia