Life Happens

Chapter 1

5:46 p.m.
Cali’s Café
Ariana’s P.O.V

“I still can’t believe they broke up!” Ashley exclaimed while shaking her head solemnly. “They were the perfect couple.”
She, of course, was referring to Heather Hemmens and Robbie Jones. They had recently broken up about 2 weeks ago after Heather caught him “talking” to Alyson Michalka (another actress). Heat’ (Heather’s nickname) told me that this wasn’t the first time, but one of many times, that she caught them “talking”. Robbie, being the gentleman he is, completely denied everything and promised that he had no interest in Aly at all. She was just a co-star in his new TV-show Hellcats. They had no choice but to hang out sometimes. But, Heather didn’t believe a word he said and called it quits.
“I can’t believe you’re still going on about it. It’s old news, Ash. Just forget about it.” I replied.
Ashley frowned and looked down at her frothy cappuccino. Steam was still slowly rising from the cup even though we had been sitting there for at least 20 minutes.
“I know it’s a little selfish of me to want them to be together forever, Ari’. But I just can’t get over it. I mean, do you remember how hard we worked to hook them up? It took Robbie 3 years to get the guts to ask Heather out. Imagine how he feels now that she’s dumped him off at a curb. Robbie may seem all tough and manly, but he’s so sensitive inside.” Ashley replied looking at me intently. “Do you know he hasn’t even set foot outside his apartment since they broke-up? I bet you didn’t even know that he signed off from that new TV show.”
I gasped loudly. Robbie would never do such a drastic thing. This was his career he was messing with. I’ve known Roshon for nearly 6 years and there’s nothing that he loves more than his job. Except, Heather, of course, but that was over and it there was definitely no reason for him to quit his job.
“Are you serious? Robbie would never do that.” I protested.
“If I were any more serious, I would be dead.” Ashley replied solemnly while sipping on her cappuccino.
I slumped back in my chair in complete shock. I just wouldn’t let myself believe it.
“Look, Ariana, We have to do something about this. Robbie’s never been so depressed in his life. And I just can’t stand seeing him like this.” Ashley replied concerned.
“What! Why do we have to fix this?” I complained “It’s not like we caused this to happen.”
Ashley shot me a shameful look. “Actually we did cause this to happen. If we hadn’t hooked them up in the first place, they wouldn’t have broken up because they would have never been together.”
Well, that fact surely never occurred to me. I scoffed “Technically, it’s your fault. You’re the one that decided we should play matchmaker.”
It’s true. Ashley’s always trying to make me do things with her, but I blame myself for not saying no in the first place. And I guess I have to take some fault for the situation. I mean I was in cahoots with Ashley (even if she forced me to be) and Robbie has always been the best guy friend a girl could ever ask for. I owed it to him to help. Gosh, I loathe myself for ever agreeing with Ashley.
“I guess you’re right,” I replied giving in. “We have to do something. But what are we suppose to do? Robbie’s a grown man. You can’t really persuade him to do anything. I mean I can’t even get him to wash his hands before he eats.”
Ashley gave me a nod in agreement. I didn’t really give it much thought before, but this was going to be a lot more difficult than I thought.
“I don’t really know,” Ashley replied “But I’m sure we’ll figure something out. We always do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Plz, Read, Comment,and Subscribe (: