Status: Complete. Sequel out!

Desires Of The Unknown

“Why are you trying to change my clothes?”

“What is your name?” Jamie asked.
I opened my mouth, about to say Jen, but all that came out was, “Gwen.”
Jamie smiled, “Yes!”
“How old are you?”
“Fifteen,” I said, not knowing the point of that question.
“What is your occupation?”
“Student,” I smirked.
He growled, “What do you do that pays you?”
“Spy. Damn it.”
“It works Mr. Barker!” he called out so our teacher could hear him.
The door opened. “Good. Now class is about to started, can you figure out what your first class is?”
I smirked, “I love this game.”
“It’s not gym.”
“It’s interrogation.”
His eyes gave away his lie, “Wrong.”
I shook my head, “You, Mr. Barker, are a liar.”
He shook his head, “You amaze me. If you weren’t here, in front of me, I would think you were Gwen.”
I smirked, “I am here though.”
He sighed, seeming to be hopeful, “I wish I could meet her. I wonder how many people she’s killed.”
I shrugged, “Maybe like, twenty.”
He shook his head with a twisted smile, “I bet it’s more than that. Maybe fifty.”
I shrugged, “Maybe.” Why does everyone think I’ve killed so many people? “I have to go talk to the new kid and the headmistress needs to see me.”
He nodded and motioned for me to go. “I have you third.”
I smirked, “I know.”
I strutted out of the room and took a step back in as a bullet sailed past me. An eighth grade stood at the end of the hall, wide eyed and fearful. I sighed and walked over to him, holding my hand out for the gun.
“Give it to me, and I will tell no one that you took a silencer from an older person.”
He handed me the gun. I quickly unscrewed the silencer and handed that gun back to him.
“I don’t know why you have a gun if you can’t control your trigger finger.”
“I’m sorry, ma’am.”
I nodded down the hall, “Get goin’.”
He turned and quickly walked away. I sighed and walked the opposite way, slipping the silencer into a girl’s purse as we passed each other.
I knocked on the Headmistress’ door. There was a muffled response. I opened the door, not caring if she said to enter or not. I walked in, seeing the headmistress, the head new headmaster, Valentine, and Johnathan.
“Yes, Miss Morley?” headmistress asked.
“Just wanted to know what my punishment was.”
“Very noble of you,” headmaster said.
I gave a fake smile, “Thank you, sir.”
“You and Mr. Wright are the ones.”
“Headmistress,” I breathed. “Please don’t.”
“You have figured out the marks within two minutes of the game.”
“So I should be punished for it?! People get hurt. They’ve gotten hurt when I play too.”
Her face stayed blank, but I could see the fire in her eyes. “Are you saying you’re scared?”
I gave a humorless laugh. “Can I talk to you alone?”
The headmaster walked out. Valentine escorted Johnathan out, claiming I was about to have a bitch fit, which I was. I glared at my sister.
“What the fuck, Daisy?”
She smirked, “Can’t handle it?”
“They use real bullets here! They shoot to kill! They haven’t been here for longer than an hour and you want to subject them to this?! Why?”
Her smirk fell and she glared at me. “I am the headmistress of this school. I control this school, not you!”
I glared at her, “And I control all the departments.” I stepped closer to her. “You just want to see me got shot. I know you all hate me. Never do that. I act the way I have to for my cover. What’s your excuse?” I hissed, turning quickly.
I walked out of the room, steaming. I hated who I was and what my family took me for. I was a puppet, that’s all I’ve ever been. It’s most likely all I’ll ever be.
I punched a wall, hissing in pain. I looked at my knuckles to see the first three were bleeding a little. I groaned and fell to the ground, my back to the wall.
I looked up when someone cleared their throat. It was the headmaster. I quickly got up and fixed my clothes. I stood straight with my hands behind my back.
“At ease.” He took my arm and pulled me into a room. He closed the door and turned to me. The oly light we had was from a small window. “I need your help.”
“Whit what?”
“We need proof that your headmistress is laundering money and endangering children.”
I shook my head. “You can’t get her on endangering children. The parents sign a slip saying that anything that happens isn’t the school’s fault and government schools have very different views on this.” I gave him a fake confused look. “Wasn’t your school the same way?”
He glared at me, “You can take off the façade around me. I know that you were that one that found out what our school was.”
I smirked, “What can I say? I’m the second best at what I do. If you believe in fairytales. If not, I am the best.”
He sneered slightly when I mentioned the fairytale, telling me that he either doesn’t want to believe that a female can surpass every man in the government, or he does believe in me. I smiled sweetly.
“What can I do for the laundering?”
“Can you get on her computer?”
“Can you warn the guys that the guns have real bullets and the targets are very real?”
“The bullets are real?” he asked, genuine surprise on his face.
My smiled faded and I became serious, “Yes. I am the only one that is not Senior that has ever played the game. It is dangerous. It is in the open and if you shoot a bystander or made, even by a crazy person, you are dead, literally. We have lost many like that. The people who have yet to control their emotions act surprised, even if just for a second, and the enemy will kill you.”
“The enemy?”
“Yes, the enemy. I believe they have The Eye Society this year.”
“The Eye?!”
“They had Russians last year.”
“What is this supposed to teach these kids?”
“It’s not a teaching device. It’s a way to see if they are ready for the outside world or a spy.”
“I’m not letting my best man be shot at.”
I gave a sympathetic smile, fake, of course. “Believe me, if he’s in this game and he’s only a junior, he’ll be fine.”
He shook his head, “He’s a senior.”
I shook my head, “Not here. We go by age, not rank or security clearance, though that is pretty high for a seventeen year old.”
“So what do I do?”
“First, you can stop with the fake concern for your guys. They’re a dime a dozen in our line of work. You can stop with the fake American accent, it sucks. And then you can act like I told you nothing and just watch from the sidelines, just like everyone else.”
He smirked, “You really are good.” He got in my face. “But my guys are better.”
I smirked at the challenge. “I’d love for you to prove it. I can gather all the information I need to make Valentine to frown before he can even got one family member out of me, in a month.”
“It’s on.”
“Don’t I get a say,” a voice asked from outside the window.
I chuckled. “No.” I walked over to the window and opened it, dropping the coms unit I had stashed in my hand so the headmaster didn’t know we would be talking. I came face to face with Valentine. “Are you up for this?”
“Are you?”
I kept my face blank, “I’ve been through worse. But it’s a day before all the other schools in the next town, which is where we’re going, and it’s the busiest day besides Black Friday. It will be crowded and they have no regret for one they kill. They won’t hesitate to shoot their own mother.”
“Would you shoot your mother?”
“Love to,” I hissed in his eyes before pushing away from the window sill I had to lean on.
I walked out of the room. I looked over my shoulder. “Front door, thirty minutes. Wear jeans and a plaid shirt that matches. Make sure there is a shirt under it that’s warm. On second thought, I’ll get your clothes.”
“Why are you trying to change my clothes?”
I smirked. “You get to act like my boyfriend.” I looked down at his slacks, dress shoes and button-up shirt. “I wouldn’t go out with someone dressed like that.”
I walked away, swaying my hips, getting a cat call from Valentine. I flipped him off and turned the corner. I made my way to the hidden stair case that went down to wardrobe.
I grabbed some clothes that would help me blend in more. I grabbed some clothes that matched mine for Valentine, which was easy seeing at how I only grabbed skinny jeans and a black tank-top. I’m pretty sure I got the right size. I sighed and grabbed the coms I had stashed in my bra.
“Hey, what size shoes do you where?”
“Is that what you didn’t want Headmaster Renolds know?”
I sighed, “Tell me, or I will purposely get shoes that don’t fit.”
He sighed, but I heard it in both ears. I turned and smirked at him. I took the ear bud out of my ear and stuck it between my breasts. He took his out and put it in his right, front pocket.
“Thirteens,” he sighed.
“Vans, DCs, Converse, or Nikes?”
“DCs.”
I nodded and walked over to the shoes. I grabbed some shoes for him and then for me. I threw his shoes at him, watching him catch them with ease.
I smirked and started to strip, not caring that he was here. He started to do the same, obviously not caring that I was there either.
“Nice belly button ring,” he said, pulling his pants on as I did the same.
I smiled, “Thanks.”
“Any other piercings?”
“Nose, you?”
I pulled on my tank-top and he put his undershirt on. “Tongue.”
I nodded. “Need one?” I asked, walking over to the jewelry selves.
“Has anyone else worn it?”
I rolled my eyes, “No. We try not to reuse things.”
“Why not?”
I looked at pointedly. “The girl’s usually get blood on everything or stain it.”
“And you?”
I shook my head, grabbing a nose ring and a tongue ring. “Of course.”
“Then you’re not doing your jobs right.”
I handed him the tongue ring. “This isn’t a school like Gadwall Academy.”
“And what is,” he got closer, really close to my face. “Gadwall Academy, Miss Morley?”
“An assassin training camp.” I smirked at the slight shock that crossed his face. “I’m going to have fun with this.”
“Miss Morley and Mister Wright please come to the interrogation room A. All Seniors report to Gym for assignments.”
Valentine looked amused, “You have a PA System?”
I shrugged, “We have families come in all the time, thinking their children will be safe here. Which, if they’re in seventh grade, they are. But it’s not. These kids, they don’t know what they’re getting into when they decide to come here. So yes, we have a PA System to look real. Now let’s go see what they have in store for us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh! I'm sooooooo tired.
Anyway, comment? Love? Puppy? Pixie-stix? Any would be excepted! =D