Status: Completed!

Getting the Best of You

Introductions

Sorry, there is no noise of any type blaring but I could not sing aloud “In the End” on the plane in first class or I will end up reliving the Friday's incident. That incident includes the restaurant called Friday's, a cup of dirt, and singing about Candy Mountain.

Anyways, I am on my way to jolly old London, England to meet my favorite relative, Mom. I know pretty cliche that I have a divorced parent but the world is filled with second chances --- and that includes divorced parents. Dad and his family --- I stay with them for the school year --- lives in the Hurricane zone in South Florida. This trip is one of those occasional things since I barely see my okaasan. Sorry, I mean mom.

I am taking Japanese.

Now, back into the plane of boredom, “100 Years” by Five for Fighting played softly into my eardrums as someone at my right tapped my right shoulder. I lowered down the music from my old iPod Nano and looked up at the person.

Oh my goodness. H-he is... just a flight attendant who is telling me that the plane is about to land. I guess my seven-hour flight is over.

I turned off my Nano and put jammed it in my pocket. I felt the airplane getting a bit intense because of the air altitude. As I was trying not getting drafting ears and watery eyes, I chewed some of Wrigley's Double-mint. Soon I too have my index fingers into my ears, have my chest against my lap, and shut my eyes. Within ten minutes, the woman flight attendant spoke with an English accent through the microphone, "Ladies and gentlemen welcome to London, England." Everyone was cheering as I got up from my last position and relaxed.

"And have a great day."

***

As I was taking my hell-of-a Linkin Park duffel bag from the cart above my seat, it seems a certain dark brown-haired boy with blue eyes sparkling with amusement when he saw me struggling with my duffel bag. I gave him one of my hear-me-roar glares and responded, "Amused aren't we? Well at least be a man and help me, please."

He chuckled and grabbed my bag with ease. "There you go," he answered with the English accent.

After we got out plane last, I asked him, "You a Brit?"

Well no duh, Janie. What did you think when you heard his voice?

Well! He would have been acting.

He responded, "Technically, yes. And the name's Dan." He held out his hand.

"Janie." I shook his hand.

Then, I looked out for my suitcases at the luggage checkout. There are my blue suitcases with a fat J on them. I grabbed the heavy-weighted baggage, with a tad of difficulty of course, simultaneously when Dan had his baggage. His was the usual black suitcase but with blue duct tape making a letter X on them.

I laughed, "How very unique, Dan."

Being cheeky, he said, "I know."

It took us about forty-five minutes until we got out the "bloody" airport and into the pickup/drop-off lane. I saw Mom waving at me in her car. "Well I guess this is good-bye, sayonara, hasta la vista," I trailed off.

“Janie?" Dan was chuckling. "Here's my house and cell numbers."

"Oh yeah, here's my card." I handed him a card with my name and everything.

Dan raised his eyebrows staring at the small paper. "You have your own card?"

"Yeah…well, I'll call you later!" I shouted and waved as I left the airport with my mom.

***

The moment I put everything away and locked myself inside the car with Mom, she just attacked me with questions. "So who's the guy? He looks familiar. How old is he? How did you guys met? Are you---?”

"Mom, come on; I've just got into this vehicle and you're already nagging on me. I've also got out of my air-raising experience on the plane to see you," I explained.

Mom pouted. "But I saw you and some guy exchanging phone numbers! Wait, did you just said 'air-raising'? Should it be 'hair-raising'?"

"Well, since I was in the air and all..." I trailed off as I put my two index fingers together.

"Oh. And at least tell me the name of the guy," she responded.

"His name's Dan," I answered.

Later on, we had stop by a gas station and then came to McDonald's for lunch. Besides that, it took us a while to make it to my Mom’s house. The house was Victorian like very home around here. It was classy and tall; not too flat like the homes in Florida.

Well, this is Fulham, London, England, so what has not to expect?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's also a Quizilla story I've made last year in July 2007 so understand me when I mentioned the information. And some things that might be mentioned about Dan like the suitcase isn't true.