Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

just give him some breathing room

Before Markus left with Cal and after they ate all our food, I shoved Markus into the bathroom. He shrieked a little at sudden force. A very girly shriek, I noted. It made me laugh. Bridget and Jenna had left already for their sleepover at Jenna’s house. I was invited to join but I know for a fact they were just gonna point out all of Leslie’s flaws until they had to make some up. Markus stared at me, shocked, as he stumbled to get comfortable in the bathtub he accidentally fell into. That part was funny also. I smiled from my spot on the closed toilet.

“Oh, it’s you.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Well, let’s not sound so happy to see me.” I smiled, crossing my arms against my chest as Markus struggled to get out of the bathtub and just balance on the rim. If I really wanted to, I could kick him back into the bathtub from here but I decided against it. Markus chuckled a little. “Have you gotten close to Cal?”

“Not really,” he answered, “I mean, we came here together but only because half way here, his dad drove by in that nice ass car of his. They pulled over and asked if I wanted a ride so of course I said sure. It is after all freezing out there.” I deflated from my perch on the toilet. Markus raised an eyebrow. “Why? Is this about the whole freaky scratches and bruises?”

“Maybe.”

“Miranda, I’m sure if he wanted to tell you what happened he would have. Maybe he’s just afraid the person will do it again or the person would hurt you.” Markus gasped in sudden thought. “What if no one did anything to him? What if he ran into a wall or fell down a flight of stairs?” These thoughts made the adorable boy laugh. I glared at him.

“This is no time to crack bad jokes, Markus!” I frowned, slouching in my seat. Markus stopped chuckling right away, leaning over and patting my knee.

“Jeez, calm down, I’m sure he’ll tell you in time. Until then, though, just give the guy some space to breathe and figure it out.” Markus told me calmly. I had to agree; he had a point there. If I gave Cal time to decide what was all happening and everything, he’d probably tell me sooner. But I’d miss my funny and strange best friend. “Or,” my attention focused back to the guy near me, “you could bother him till he tells you and never speaks to you again because he thinks you betrayed his trust.”

“And I’m supposed to calm down?”

Markus laughed, “Yes, you are.” He stood up, grabbed my hands, and tugged me up as well. I felt him wrap me into a hug and for some reason, I felt the need to hug back. I liked this. “Just spend more time with Will, I know he misses your quality brother-sister time. Bridget and Jenna loves spending time with you too and, hey, I’ll even hang out with you if you someone to. Just give Cal some breathing room.” I groaned, leaning my forehead against his shoulder.

“Tomorrow after lunch?”

“What?”

“Hang out with me?”

Markus chuckled, “I’d love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry. lots of homework lately. sort of depresses a person.

update again? 60% sure i might :)