Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

you can be yourself this time

“Okay, it says to describe in one sentence the work of Leeuwenhoek.” Markus read off the packet, looking up at me with an expecting face. I blinked at him, tilting my head like a dog who was just trying to understand it’s owner. He laughed at me, shaking his head. “How are you getting an A+?” I stuck my tongue out at him and his eyebrows raised.

“Simple,” I answered, “we had a substitute first quarter. He taught us nothing so I know nothing. I have an A+ now because the teacher’s back.” He sighed, flipping open my folder and examining the contents of it. “I told you that I learned nothing; he gave us notes but never had us fill them out so they went bye-bye into my garbage.”

“Then screw this.” Markus grumbled, tossing the packet over his shoulder.

“What should we do then?” He opened his mouth but closed it again to just simply shrug. Either he forgot his idea or he just changed his mind. I sighed, laying down onto my back. “Then how about I ask you this question and you answer it?”

“Depends.”

“On?” I raised an eyebrow, shifting slightly to look at him.

“The question?” He had the “duh, moron” tone. I stuck my tongue out at him. “You know you keep doing that and one time I’m just gonna…” He made a gesture like he was planning on hitting me in the face. His face, on the other hand, held a very serious and face look. I laughed at him. “What’s so funny about getting threatened?” By now he was smiling at me.

“The fact you think you’d be able to follow through on it.”

He rolled his eyes, “What’s stopping me, Andi?”

“I’m a girl and I’m stronger than you.” Markus laughed, standing up and tugging me up as well. He glared at me like we were having a staring contest before I punched his stomach. Now he groaned and laid down on my bed. Still adorable he was. “See, like I said, stronger than you.”

“Not stronger,” He protested, “you just caught me off guard.” I rolled my eyes and pushed him back down onto my bed every time he tried to stand back up. It was kind of funny the way his face scrunched up with annoyance. “Would you stop that?” I laughed, taking a seat on his stomach making him grunt.

“Now I will.” I smiled down to him.

“And I’ll do this,” Seeing as he really is stronger than me, he pushed me onto the floor and while I tried to stand back up again, he held me down and sat on my stomach. He weighs a ton. I groaned. “Not so much fun being sat on, is it?” I shook my head. “Now you’re probably thinking I should lay off the ice cream and the cookies and basically just give up on eating because I’m killing you, aren’t you?” I nodded, feeling my stomach start to hurt from his weight. He stared at me try to wiggle out and fail all while shaking his head in upset. “You’re the stronger one alright.”

“Get-”

“My phone!” Markus shouted, snatching his ringing cell phone from his back pocket. “Hello sister I don’t love, why are you bothering me?” He sounded so cheery talking about hating people. I smiled at him underneath my pain. “Uh, yeah, she’s under my butt.” That sounds dirty, I thought with a chuckle. I could see how a teenager could see that the wrong way. Since he’s ignoring me to talk to Leslie, I decided to poke him. “Not like that, Nellie, she said she was stronger than me.”

Nellie. Gross.

“Oh, uh, when?” He rubbed the back of his neck. “Sure, I guess. I’ll meet you there later then.” I coughed at how awkward this moment felt for me. “Um, yeah, bye.” He closed his phone and tossed it onto my bed without a word. We sat in silence for a little while until Markus said, “She wants to see another movie later on. I guess it’s Leslie and Griffin, Nellie and me.”

“Oh, cool.”

“Yeah.” He rubbed his nose, now sitting beside my laying body.

“Did you have fun when we saw the first movie?” I questioned, shifted my head to be able to see his face. Markus stared at his hands and shrugged.

“Did you have fun pretending to be a guy with Cal?” He smiled.

“You knew that was us?”

“You’d have to be blind not to be able to tell. Miranda, you’re clearly not a guy. Nellie didn’t think it was you though, but I don’t think she cared. All she did was watch the movie, laugh at what I said, talk some, and she was kind of boring. I had fun though, some how.” I mouthed “oh” and looked up at my ceiling fan which at the moment, stood still. “Would you be willing to save me if I need it?”

“You want me to pretend to be a guy too?”

“No, you can be a girl.” He nudged me with his elbow and added, “Even better, you can be yourself this time.” I laughed, telling him I was honored. “You should be, but I don’t think Leslie’s gonna be happy to know I invited you to come to the movie.”

“You’re right, she’ll be pissed off to the max.” I sat up and pointed to Markus thoughtfully, “That’s why she won’t see me.”

“What do you-?”

“Just shut up.”

“But-”

“No, shut up and trust me.” I told him with a smile. “What movie are we seeing anyways?” Markus shrugged, grabbing my television remote and turning it on. We were silent the rest of the afternoon; just sitting there. Him leaning his back against the side of the bed and me leaning my head on his shoulder. Every once in a while, one of us would say something and the other would comment back. We’d laugh sometimes and share smiles. I liked it and maybe him.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh. i feel like this was a failure for the cute moment. :( maybe a failure overall. dowwwwneer. and the reason: distractions.

on the upside we're studying Julius Caesar and i can not say Caesar to save my life i say seizure instead. waittt, that's not an upside, oh well.