Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

miranda lincolnn, human

“Say, Miranda?” Markus shouted from my room as I stood in the bathroom trying to find something to brush my hair with. I grumbled something so he’d know I heard him, but continued my search unfazed. He lifted himself off the floor and walked over to a different part of my room. “Have you seen my sweatshirt? I can’t find it and I only took it off like five seconds ago.” I glanced down at the warm and big black hoodie I was wearing and smirked.

“Nope, haven’t seen it.” I shouted back, kneeling down to peer into the open cabinet. Laying on top of a pencil case was a hairbrush just calling my name. “Found it!” I stood up and grinned at myself in the mirror as if to pat myself on the back. Markus came walking up into the bathroom doorway, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe.

“So did I.” He smiled.

“You’re going to the movies; wear your coat.” I said, running the brush through my hair till the mess that formed from the nap I took vanished. Markus shook his head, sticking out a hand for me to give up the cozy sweatshirt. I bit my lip, thinking it over. If I gave it back, I’d be cold but he’d be warm. If I kept it, I’d be warm and he’d be warm with his winter coat. Seems like keeping it is the better option. “Why do you want it back so badly?”

“Why do you want to keep it so badly? Do I smell that good?”

“Maybe.” I flashed him the puppy dog eyes.

“Fine, keep it.” I laughed, putting the hairbrush back under the sink and making my way back to my bedroom. Markus followed behind me grumbling about next time he won’t give in so easily. Next time the puppy eyes won’t work on him. I just rolled my eyes and agreed with him. He jumped, pulling his phone out to read his new text message. “Leslie said they just left for the movie theater. We’re seeing that new girly movie.”

“Oh, do we have to?” I whined. Romance movies aren’t my favorite; I like the funny cartoons that are really meant for little children. They’re so cute. Markus chuckled, nodding his head. “In that case, you go ahead and I’ll watch Phineas and Ferb back here at home.” What can I say? Cartoons are amazing. I love them more than I love my family.

“Uh no, you agreed to come and save me.”

“But Markus,” I frowned, “I’m not Wonder Woman, superhero. I’m Miranda Lincolnn, human.” I couldn’t save him from Nellie for very long. Sooner or later he was gonna have to talk to her and tell her the truth. We walked down the stairs over to the closet where my brother stood waiting for us. Markus just shrugged at me, slipping on his winter coat and wrapping his scarf around his neck. I slipped my coat over his sweatshirt. “Thanks for driving us, Willis.”

“Mhm.”

Image

“Yeah, sis, I’m here. I’ll meet you guys in the theater-yeah, I know which way to go.” Markus said into cell phone while I held the big tub of popcorn he begged me to buy. He’d already eaten a good third of it just during the conversation. I sat on a comfy chair in the lobby watching him roll his eyes at the girl who wouldn’t see him. “That’s cool, yeah, bye.” He closed his phone and slipped it into his coat pocket. “So where are you gonna sit until I come by you?”

I shoved a handful of popcorn into my mouth and said, “The second row, hopefully near the middle.” The popcorn tub sitting on the seat beside me. Markus laughed at my gesturing, grabbing my hands and pulling me onto my feet. He grabbed the popcorn and turned to me. “Do you really need me to save you from Nellie?”

“Yes.”

“Can’t you just fall in love with her?” I raised an eyebrow at him. You better say no, mister, I thought. He winced, not making any eye contact.

“No.”

“Good.” I grabbed his hand and tugged him toward the theater of the horrific movie. Markus squeezed my hand before I sat down in the second row and he went to sit with Nellie and his sister. This was gonna be a long movie. The people that sat in my row were old and had the old people smell which I’ve proudly never smelled that strongly before. I thought people were kidding. No, they smell bad. Good to know my grandmother bathes.

Ten minutes into the movie and I felt myself falling asleep, nose buried into the good smelling sweatshirt. I’m not Wonder Woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
i updated again since i most likely can't during the week...you guys should leave me comments :) if ya want

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT? I'd love to know.