Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

my eyes must have been playing tricks on me

“Super N? Els? Nell?” Cal listed off, tossing popcorn up into the air to catch it in his mouth. He had been doing this for a few minutes before I smacked him. “What, I was listing the future nicknames for your best friend, Nellie.” Cal laughed, watching me flash a look of confusion before I smacked him again, remembering what he was talking about it. This was the person I picked for a best friend? Wow. Cal wrapped me into a hug, “Please don’t forget me!”

“I won’t.”

He looked adorable and that thought scared me. Cal had his eyes squeezed closed tightly, lips pursed, and overall, he looked kind of in pain. But still cute. “Promise?”

“I will never forget you.” I told him, trying not to laugh as it slowly became painful to breathe with my lungs. Why was this hug so damn tight? Cal shook his head, telling me I didn’t promise him. “Fine, fine, fine, I promise you I’ll never forget you and if I do, you can kill me.”

His eyes shot open as he gasped, “I couldn’t kill you.” A smile turned onto my face; he must love me a lot. I must be a good best friend if he could never kill-but my thoughts were interrupted by Cal whispering, “Pacifist.” He released me and laughed at my shocked face. “You look funny.” I rolled my eyes at the childish tone of his voice. He looked like a little kid too.

“And here I thought you cared.”

“Oh, but I do.”

“No, you don’t. You just said you wouldn’t kill me because you’re a pacifist, not because you love me and I’m your best friend.” I pointed out, watching his facial expression shift as he thought of something to say back to me. Cal stuck his tongue out at me before burying himself into the buddle of blankets on the floor. I laughed at him, focusing onto the movie we were watching.

“Psst, Miranda.” Cal whispered, suddenly with the tip of his nose against my cheek. I jumped at the closeness. Managing to barely say “hmm?”, I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. “You have a baby zit right there.” Slowly his finger poked my cheek, sending him into a hurricane of laughter. I sat there, staring at him until he finished. “I’m sorry, Andi, aren’t I a charmer?”

“Oh yeah.” I rolled my eyes, smiling. Without warning, Cal tackled me and pinned my arms to the floor. If he weren’t hovering over me, I could have stood up. “What’s up?” He shrugged, staring down at me with wide eyes.

“Miranda…”

“Yeah?”

“I don’t know.” We both sounded off and my eyes had to have been playing tricks on me, it seemed as if Cal’s face was coming closer and closer to mine. I kept my eyes open until he was too close and it felt strange to look at him.

That’s when everything turned upside down.
♠ ♠ ♠
shortness. ew, lame :(

buuuuuuuuuuuuut EXAMS ARE OVER! (cue adorable four-year-olds dancing)

what do you think happened? you may guess it, or part of it.