Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

are you sure you want a girlfriend like that

Markus

Everyone gushed as Miranda’s mom walked down with Will holding her hand. She smiled brightly at everyone, including her son beside her. My mom smiled, holding onto my dad’s hands tightly while she watched her best friend get married. I looked around for Miranda, but she was nowhere. Not after running out with all her friends behind her, shouting at her. I thought maybe she’d at least come back for her mom, but I suppose not. Suddenly Nellie slid into the spot beside me, “Where’s Miranda? This seems like something too important to miss.”

I shrugged, “Probably just sitting outside to cool off after whatever happened-”

“Do you know what happened?” She asked, placing a hand on my arm. I shook my head.

“I’m sure she’s just a little uneasy about getting new family members,” I said, watching as everything picked up pace, “maybe she’s just shocked it’s all happening.” Nellie pursed her lips, nodding her head like she understood.

“That’s understandable,” she smiled, glancing over at Miranda’s mom, “but missing something this important to her mother, that doesn’t seem like a thing you’d want someone you love to do.” I shrugged, focusing on the two adults. Nellie shifted some more, closer. “You know, Markus, someone told me what happened.”

I glanced at her, narrowing my eyes. “What?” Nellie smirked, looking around as if she needed to locate someone before pointing a finger toward Belle. She sat in one of the first pews with something held against her face, looking near tears. “I heard Miranda punched Belle for no reason at all. Belle just hugged her future step-mother, innocently I might add, and Miranda got mad.” Nellie’s eyes saddened as she shook her head slowly. “Seems like a bitchy thing to do,” her eyes drifted over to my face, “are you sure you want a girlfriend like that?”

I watched Belle wince, feeling us staring at her as she turned and met our gazes. There were tears streaming down her cheeks as she held the ice to her face and a Kleenex to her nose. Nellie bit her lip, looking like she was going to cry just seeing Belle crying. “Poor girl. I can’t even imagine how much pain she must be in. Her cheek’s all bruised up.” Nellie continued.

“I’m sure-I…” I sighed, watching Belle with narrowed eyes as I tried to defend Miranda’s actions but couldn’t. If it really went how Nellie said, then she had no reason to punch Belle. Nellie shifted, turning me gaze from the crying woman. “I have to go find her.” Nellie grabbed my arm.

“Not now though, you’ll ruin the moment for them.” She said, gesturing as the two adults smiled at each other lovingly. I sighed, settling back down into the pew. Nellie wrapped her arms around my arm and kissed my cheek before resting her head on my shoulder. I just ignored her, wondering what would make Miranda punch Belle.

Miranda’s mom grinned, “I do.”

Lucas smiled back her, even brighter. “I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so for this story:
a) it's had the highest number of comments I've ever had
b) it's been the longest
c) it's had ten stars

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

and i think there's 2-3 chapters left. hard to believe, I know, but yeah that's all. I'd be extremely, unbelieveably happy if this story got over 100 or at least 100 comments before it's over. There's 93 right now, I think we can make it! I oddly enough love you guys!