Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

i will always believe you as long as you believe me

“Come on, Andi,” Leslie said, pulling me up off the sidewalk, “we should at least go in there so your mom thinks we saw the whole thing.” I nodded as we walked in the direction to the church. By the time we got inside though, the wedding was over and everyone was up and about. All catching up with each other and looking around for my mother.

“There you are, Miranda.” Mom grinned, nearly running up to me and wrapping me tightly in her arms. She was crying tears of joy as she nearly suffocated me. I hugged her back weakly, looking around for Markus. Everyone in the small church room was walking around, shouting to each other and waving. No one was him though. I saw Nellie walk over to Belle who instantly pulled the ice from her face and smirked to the younger girl. They talked for a bit before looking over at me with smiles like they won something. They took something. “Miranda, who are you looking for?”

I turned back to my mom who looked amazing even with her red, puffy eyes. “Markus; have you see him?” She shrugged, finding someone over my shoulder that made her gasp. I laughed softly as she kissed my forehead and dashed off over to the person. I sighed, looking over now for my friends only to find them missing as well. After watching my mother hug a few more guests, I headed down the hallway over to a window. Someone could have watched us the whole time.

“Miranda, where were you?”

I turned around and wanted to hug him. “I was sitting outside, cooling down. No biggie, but if my mom asks, I was sitting right beside you, okay? I really don’t want to ruin her good mood.” Markus looked at me like he was cautious about what I said. Like every word I spoke was possibly a lie. He walked passed me and leaned onto the palms of his hands as they rested on the ledge. “Are you okay?”

“Nellie said you punched Belle.” He mumbled, frowning down onto the street below.

I came up beside him, smiling at the father tickling his son who was trying to squirm away. “I did, but-” Markus sighed, like his brain was over working and nothing made any sense.

“So she was right,” he looked at me, “you punched her for no reason?” I bit my lip, giving him a questioning look.

“And you believe her?” He shrugged. “Okay, what all did I miss when I was sitting outside? Did you guys get married too?” Markus glared at me as he shoved himself away from the window so he could head down the hallway. I grabbed his arm, pulling him roughly back to the window. “Why do you believe her?”

“I don’t, but I don’t exactly know why you did it either.” He argued back, leaning his back against the window and crossing his arms. I slid down against the wall and sat down on the floor. Keeping my hands in my lap, I waited till he sat down near me too. “Why’d you do it, Miranda?”

“She wanted to the stop wedding.”

Markus gave me a look as if he didn’t buy it. “Why would she want that?”

“She said my mom would ruin everything her dad worked for. Soon he’d be dropping this project and that project till he was nothing again.” I noted how suddenly everything was calm again; no one was shouting at the other. “I got upset by that. Before I could stop myself, I was running away from her and Leslie, Jenna, and Bridget were chasing after me.” Markus stared at the floor. “Do you believe me?”

“Of course I do.” He smiled, looking up at me with bright eyes. “I didn’t believe Nellie, did I?” I shrugged, grumbling an “I don’t know.” Markus pulled me closer to him and hugged me. “I didn’t believe her, but it did get me thinking about what would make you do that.”

“Thank you.” We sat there smiling to each other silently until Nellie came with Belle tagging along behind her. The two looked victorious still.

Nellie giggled, “There you are, Markus. I was worried sick, come on.” I looked at Markus who stared at Nellie like he was caught. Belle just glanced at Nellie before tossing her phone at me. As it landed neatly in my lap, I noticed the picture on it. Nellie kissing Markus's cheek. Markus seemed to have to as he didn’t protest when I shoved him away and stood up. “See what kind of person he is, Miranda? He’s just a lying person who never really even cared about you.” I glared at her, biting my lip so my face showed rarely any emotion unless through my eyes. “You deserve better than that, trust me.”

“Markus?” I offered, watching him.

“I wasn’t paying attention.” He muttered, staring at the floor. “I was thinking about why you would punch Belle. I was off in my own little universe.” Belle and Nellie shifted, like they were attached somehow. If one moved, the other had to too. “Miranda, you believe me don’t you?”

“It’s okay, Miranda.” Belle said.

“Yeah, Miranda-”

“Stop saying my name.” I snapped. “I don’t know.”

“What the hell?” Markus shouted, standing up and getting closer to me. “I believed you when you told me why you punched Belle, why don’t you believe me now?” I didn’t notice the two exchange looks before they walked off. Looks like they really did win something without me knowing I’d lost. Markus glared at me. “Why don’t you believe me, huh?”

I sighed, “I don’t wanna fight.”

He sighed, his shoulders slumping. “Me neither.”

“Then let’s not. I believe you.” I hugged him, burying my face into his shirt. “I will always believe you as long as you believe me.” He grinned, grabbing my phone from my pocket and sending someone a text message. “What are you-?”

He chuckled, “Look.”

To: Nellie
I won.


“What’d I win?” I asked, watching him press the send button and hand my phone back over.

“Me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter's the last chapter. *frowny face*

I'll put "Upper Region" as the sequel to this because CAL is in it. He's not part of the couple though, just a friend of the girl but he'll be in it an awful lot. Plus you'll see a lot of these characters reappearing in UR so I'll link them together for people who wanna read up on my two kids right here.

**96 comments** FOUR MORE AND WE REACH MY GOAL!