Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Colossal

Well things couldn’t get any more embarrassing than your rock star dad showing up at your house, lets you ride in his car and asks you personal questions about the band, about girls, upon which Annabeth and I blushed. “No dad, me and Annabeth aren’t dating. Just shut up and drive.” The embarrassment doesn’t end when we get to Reese’s house. As we stood on the front porch waiting for someone to open the door, several people walk by on the streets staring at us. I swear I saw someone walk by at least 7 times. When Reese finally comes to the door, he stares and welcomes us in like he’s a butler to someone rich…only cuz my dad is Matt Tuck. Finally when we’re down in the basement and the gushing over my dad is done and he declines all offers of food and drink, we get down to business.

“Alright dad, talk”.

“Alright, the reason I’m here is, or was, to take you with me back to our recording studio in Chicago. However after seeing you and your friends, I realized that doing that probably wouldn’t be a good idea.”

“You’re probably right. It wouldn’t be a good idea for me to leave my friends and not finish school. That and we have the talent show coming up.”

When I finished my sentence, dad seriously looked surprised “you guys are in the talent show for the music festival spots?”

“Yea?” “ Well that’s the other reason why I’m here.”

“To watch us perform?” I asked, hoping he wasn’t going to say what he ended up saying anyway. “Bullet for my valentine is the band that is judging the talent show.”

FANTASTIC! Just freaking fantastic.
I put my head down and groaned in exasperation. “Have you gone over the videos yet?” I asked with my head still down.

“Kind of. The videos wouldn’t work so we only had the audio, which is better in my opinion. And Annabeth, you have a fantastic voice.”

Annabeth blushed and looked away muttering something that sounded like thank you.

“Well then I guess we’ll just have to drop out.” When I closed my mouth and looked around, I got confused looks from everyone in the room “Huh?” everyone said in unison

“My dad is one of the judges, they can’t let us compete cuz of the relation between us. They think he’ll just let us go on without doing anything good.”

“Oh…actually there isn’t a rule that says a judge can’t have a child in the talent show.” Matt said while going upstairs.

“That settles it then.” Scott said “ we’ll play in the talent show.”
I smiled as I watched the others talk as I tuned them out, grabbed a piece of paper, a pen and started writing another new song for the talent show
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, so i actually had trouble writing over christmas break, but i finally finished this chapter and i'm workin on the next one. so yea. thanks for readin. but seriously i need some feedback readers. i dont know if anyone likes it or not.