Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Betrayed

* Matt's POV*
"Mrs. Caldwell?" I asked as I raised my hand for her to see who spoke. "Yes Matt?" she asked me. "Can I go to the auditorium early?" I asked with a straight face but on the inside, i was smiling like the devil. Everyone knew i was Mrs. Caldwells favorite student cuz I always..I mean always carry on a debate with her that gets the class into it. She's one of those teachers that just loves it when a class debates something. Anyway, I sit there waiting for an answer. Caldwell looks at the clock, looks back at me and answers "sure" then goes back to her grading of papers or whatever it is teachers do when they assign work for students to do. I got up and walked out of the room and headed towards the auditorium. I was thinking I was the only band member of any band going to the auditorium early. Apparently I was wrong. As I passed the math hallway, Jayson Reno was walking towards me and was heading towards the auditorium. He spotted me and a sly smile spread across his face. "Oh joy. One of the greater guitarists in the school. Whats up Matt?" He seriously looked as though he just meant what he said. Though spending 3 years in the same building with this guy, I knew better. " Just headed to the auditorium. Gonna get a little practice in before the show tonight." I said and glanced in his direction. He just nodded his head and kept that same creepy smile on his face. We walked in silence for a little bit before he spoke again. "So I was thinking..do you get paid to play for that idiots band?" I stopped and looked at him as he stopped and turned to face me. " Are you serious? Of course I don't get paid to play in Drew's band." "Do you want to get paid to be in a band?" He asked. I looked at him like he lost his mind. "Who doesn't want to get paid to play in a band?"
"Oh, tons of people. Some of which i can't name at the moment." I continued to walk forward as he told me this. "What are you getting at Reno?" I asked as we reached the doors. "I'm just gonna say it. Matt, I want you to be in my band and leave Katastrophic Breakdown." I stared at him in disbelief. " Are you seriously asking me to be part of Suicidal Silence?" Reno smiled and stuck out his hand for a shake " Yea I am Matt. We need someone like you, Riley's good but he gets tired of being the only guitarist." I looked at him like he was crazy. I thought this would never happen but I realized that S.S. could give me so much more than what Drew and Scott could. Besides they have Reese and Drew for guitarists. But what about Annabeth? She'd be mad at me..but what do I care? She shot me down when I asked her to be my girlfriend, only to be Drew's girlfriend.
I looked up at Reno and smiled and shook his hand. "Reno, you've just got yourself a new guitarist."
"Fantastic! I'll help you with the song we're gonna play." He opend the door and we walked into the auditorium.

*Drew's POV*
The bells to end the school day rang and I ran out of the room and straight to the auditorium, dodging anyone who was in the halls ahead of me. I got to the auditorium and went in the backstage door. I ran to the guitar lockers that I put my guitar in along with my song notebook, took them out and closed the locker door. I walked out of the room and headed towards the practice rooms. I could already hear another guitarist playing, practicing for the talent show. I took the room next to theirs and locked the door as I sat down. I plugged my guitar into my amp and played scales and songs I first learned to play like Holiday by Weezer and Sweating Bullets by Megadeth. As I continued to play, I slowly started to recognize the song that was being played by the other practicing guitarist. It was a Suicidal Silence song called Jump in the Fire. I stopped playing and listend to it for a minute. I was so intent on listening that I jumped out of my chair when Annabeth knocked on the practice room door. I opened it and stuck my head out. "Yes?" I asked. "You need to go talk to your dad, he says the new names we gave ourselves are too long. He said one word only."
I sighed and turned off my amp and unpluged my guitar and took care of everything. "Come with me." was all I said as I put my amp in the auditorium and walked to the Guidance office where the judges were setting up their "headquaters" for the time they were supposed to be here. I pushed the door open and walked up to Padge. "Where is he?" I asked as Padge pointed towards the door at the back of the room. I thanked him and walked towards the back with Annabeth behind me. I knocked on the door and opend it and walked in before he even said come in.
"What's this about our names being too long?" I said while he was looking out the window watching it rain. " Their too long Drew. Make them shorter. Like Padge or Moose. One word and the audience and listeners know who's who."
I looked at Annabeth and she urged me to come up with new names.
"Fine, if we're changing names then we get to come up with them and you don't get a say." I said. My dad just smiled and nodded his head. "Good, now hand me a peice of paper and a pen please." I said. Once I got what I wanted I wrote down my name first. " I'm gonna be Nightmare because I'm Jayson Reno's worst one." I smiled as i handed the pen to Annabeth. " I"m gonna be Fever because no one-" " Okay okay, i get it, you dont need an explanation with your names." My dad said as I laughed at the look he got from Annabeth.

We walked out of his office and towards the auditorium again hand in hand. Just as we reach the doors, i open mine and see Reno, Riley and Matt going over guitar parts for Jump In The Fire. I looked at Annabeth and then back to Matt. I couldn't believe my eyes. I rubbed my arm across my eyes and then looked again to make sure i wasn't asleep and dreaming.
I dropped Annabeth's hand and walked up to Matt and tapped him on the shoulder.
Matt turned around and his face turned white. "W-Whats up?" he asked, stuttering
"Whats going on Matt? I thought you were with us. Thought you were gonna stay with us for the long haul?" I guess I looked angry because he shrank away. Reno and Riley stepped between me and him which probably wouldn't have been a smart move if it weren't for teachers being around. "He's in our band now, not your lame wannabe band." I ignored Reno and pushed past them to get to Matt and pulled him up in the air by his shirt. "You left us out to dry, the song we were gonna do needed you and now we cant do it because your not with us anymore. I hope there's a good reason why you left KB." I let him down and walked into the auditorium and met up with Reese and Scott and shared the new nicknames with them and the news that Matt is no longer with Katastrophic Breakdown.
They both nodded with a dissapointed look on their faces. We sat in silence waiting for the beginning of the sound check.
*time skip*
"Welcome to the Battle of the Bands Talent show! I'll be your host for the talent show." Connor was speaking to the audience as we were getting ready to turn on our instruments and play the song we were gonna play now that Matt betrayed us and went to Suicidal Silence. " Anyway, lets kick off the show!" Connor's voice rang throughout the auditorium as he announced who was up first. "Starting off the line up is a band that not everyone likes, but their confident enough to accept the challenge from Suicidal Silence. Here's Katastrophic Breakdown!" A round of applause started as the curtains pulled back and when they were all the way back the clapping abrubtly stopped. I walked up to the mic and spoke into it. "Hi, We're Katastrophic Breakdown. I'm Nightmare, On Bass is Fever. On Drums is Monster and on the other guitar is Cancer." I said as someone in the crowd yelled "Where's Matt?!" I sighed and spoke into the mic again "Matt,unfortunately, left Katastrophic Breakdown for Suicidal Silence. Why? I don't know. All I know is that he deserves any critiicism he gets for leaving us." I stepped back and told Scott to count off. I stepped up to the mic and spoke into it again "This Song is called Funny Little Feeling"
Scott started the song off with a drum beat that he came up with a little while ago and Reese started playing guitar until I came in singing and playing.

I'm not doing fine
I'm desecrating lives
I boned a phone booth of a lady shaky heinous crimes
Nailing hands down to floorboards
Angry side gone overboard
And I'm bored
Still bored
I'm so bored

I've got a funny little feeling (FEELING!)
My arms are shaking like a lightning rods, yeah
I'll cannonball right through the ceiling (Ceiling!)
And sink my teeth in till the feelings gone, yeah

Me And Reese both step up to the mic and sing the verse together

Oh I'm the slow move guy
No time for swattin flies
Appeasing bees knees easing g string sesing
Wheesing funny little feeling
Lick it dry
Wonders just who am I?
Prison warden, teenage boy, transvestite with high heels on
Hey where has my life gone
Ain't done anything i want
According to my list
I've still got so many musicians to kill
Will kill until I fill my landfill full of bodies standing still

I've got a funny little feeling (FEELING!)
My arms are shaking like a lightning rods, yeah
I'll cannonball right through the ceiling(Ceiling!)
And sink my teeth in 'till the feelings gone, yeah

I've got a funny little feeling
My arms are shaking like a lightning rods, yeah
I'll cannonball right through the ceiling
And sink my teeth in 'till the feelings gone, yeah

I've got a funny little feeling(FEELING!)
My arms are shaking like a lightning rods, yeah
I'll cannonball right through the ceiling (Ceiling!)
And sink my teeth in 'till the feelings gone, yeah

I've got a funny little
I've got a funny little
I've got a funny little feeling
I've got a funny little
I've got a funny little
I've got a funny little feeling
Feeling
Feeling
AHH you know the feeling
and we stop the song with Reese's guitar fading as the crowd is on their feet and yelling for more.
I smile and look at Reese and mouth good job. He smiles and adjust his pedals for the next song.
I move up to the mic and speak into it "This next song is one we wrote a while ago." I stepped back as Scott counted off and Reese started playing while i spoke into the mic.

"The Future is Bulletproof
The Aftermath is Seconday
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoy's, Make some noise!"

Annabeth and Reese moved up to their mics and sang

Na na-na-na na-na-na nananananana
Na na-na-na na-na-na nananananana
Na na-na-na
Na-na-na na-na-na
Na-na-na na-na-na na

I moved back up to my mic and sang the verse

Drugs
Give me drugs
Give me drugs
I don't need it
But I'll sell what you've got
Take the cash
And I'll keep it
Eight legs to the wall
Hit the gas
Kill 'em all
And we crawl and we crawl and we crawl!
You'll be my my detonator!

Love
Give me love
Give me love
I don't need it
But I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag
In a box
Put an x on the floor
Give me more!
Give me more!
Give me more!
Shut up and sing it with me!

From mall security (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
To every enemy (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
We're on your property (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Standing in a V-formation

Let's blow an artery (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Eat plastic surgery (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Keep your apology (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Give us more detonation

(More, give me more, give me more)

Let me tell you about the sad man
Shut up and let me see your jazz hands
Remember when you were a mad man
Thought you was Batman
And hit the party with a gascan
Kiss me you animal!

You run the company (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Fuck like a Kennedy (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
I think we'd rather be (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Burning your information

Let's blow an artery (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Eat plastic surgery (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Keep your apology (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Give us more detonation

Right here
Right now
All the way in battery city
The little children
Raised their open filthy palms
Like tiny daggers up to heaven
And all the juvie halls
And the Ritalin rats
Ask angels made from neon
And fucking garbage scream out
"What'll save us?"
And the sky opened up
Everybody wants to change the world
Everybody wants to change the world
But no one
No one
Wants to die
Wanna try
Wanna try
Wanna try
Wanna try
Wanna try
No!
I'll be your detonator!
Reese steps up to the edge of the stage and plays the solo perfectly. As i looked out I saw more and more people get up and start jumping around and getting into mosh pits. I smile as I continue to sing

Na na-na-na na-na-na na-na-na na

Make no apologies (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
It's death or victory (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
On my authority (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Crash and burn
Young and loaded

Drop like a bullet shell (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Dress like a sleeper cell (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
I'd rather go to hell (Na na-na-na na-na-na nanananana)
Than be in a purgatory
Cut my hair
Gag and bore me
Pull this pin
Let this world explode!
I took a big breath as i stepped away from the microphone and looked at Scott. He had a big smile on his face and he was breathing heavily. I jumped up on the drum stage and talk to him over his drums " Just two more Scott, Just wo more and we'll be able to get off." He looked at me like I was crazy. He said "I never want this to end! I wanna keep going." I smiled and jumped off his stage and walked up to the mic. "Our next song is called Animal"
Scot counts to 3 and Reese and Annabeth clap three times and I start playing on my Fender until we get to the verse and then I stop playing and its just Scott and Annabeth with me singing

Here we go again
I kinda wanna be more than friends
So take it easy on me
I'm afraid
You're never satisfied
Here we go again
We're sick like animals
We play pretend
You're just
A cannibal
And I'm afraid
I won't get out alive
I won't sleep tonight

Oh oh
I want some
More
Oh oh
What are you waiting for
Take a bite of
My heart tonight
Oh oh
I want some
More
Oh oh
What are you waiting for
What are you waiting for
Say goodbye to my heart
Tonight

Here we are again
I feel the chemicals kickin' in
It's getting heavy
And I wanna run
And hide
I wanna run and hide
I do it every time
You're killin' me now
And I won't be
Denied by you
The animal inside of you

Oh oh
I want some more
Oh oh
What are you waiting for
Take a bite of my heart tonight
Oh oh
I want some more
Oh oh
What are you waiting for
What are you waiting for
Say goodbye to my heart tonight

Hush, hush The world is quiet
Hush, hush We both can't fight it
It's us that made this mess
Why can't you understand?
Whoa, I won't sleep tonight ( I won't sleep tonight!)

Here we go again
*Annabeth* Here we go again
*Reese* Here we go again

Oh oh
I want some more
Oh oh
What are you waiting for
Take a bite of my heart tonight
Oh oh
I want some more
Oh oh
What are you waiting for
What are you waiting for
Say goodbye to my heart tonight
I smile as we end the song and the crowd jumping up and down screaming for more..well...part of it anyway, the people that up front, in the first 3 rows. Loyal fans and friends. I smile at them and speak into the mic. "This next song, is our last one, but its for the fans and friends in the first 3 rows. This is Called Savior"
As I start to sing, Reese plays his Ibanez the way I taught him to play it for this song.

It kills me not to know this but I've all but just forgotten
What the color of her eyes were and her scars or how she got them
As the telling signs of age rain down, a single tear is dropping
Through the valleys of an aging face that this world has forgotten

I stop singing and me and Reese play our guitars at the same time playing the same part like Syn Gates and Zacky V.

There is no reconciliation that will put me in my place
And there is no time like the present to drink these draining seconds
But seldom do these words ring true when I'm constantly failing you
Like walls that we just can't break through until we disappear

So tell me now
If this ain't love then how do we get out?
'Cause I don't know

That's when she said, "I don't hate you boy
I just want to save you while there's still something left to save"
That's when I told her, "I love you girl
But I'm not the answer for the questions that you still have"

And the day pressed on like crushing weights for no man does it ever wait
Like memories of dying days that deafen us like hurricanes
Bathed in flames we held the brand uncurled the fingers in your hand
Pressed into the flesh like sand, now do you understand?

So tell me now
If this ain't love then how do we get out?
'Cause I don't know

That's when she said, "I don't hate you boy
I just want to save you while there's still something left to save"
That's when I told her, "I love you girl
But I'm not the answer for the questions that you still have"

One thousand miles away, there's nothing left to say
But so much left that I don't know
We never had a choice, this world is too much noise
It takes me under, it takes me under once again

I don't hate you, I don't hate you, no
So tell me now
If this ain't love then how do we get out?
'Cause I don't know

That's when she said I don't hate you boy
I just want to save you while there's still something left to save
That's when I told her I love you girl
But I'm not the answer for the questions that you still have

I don't hate you, I don't hate you
I don't hate you, I don't hate you, no.
we end the song and the lights go turn off and the curtain close but we can still hear the roar of the fans in the first 3 rows. and they continue to ring in our ears throughout the entire first talent show.
♠ ♠ ♠
Funny Little Feeling- Rock-N-Roll Soldiers
Na Na Na- My Chemical Romance
Animal-Neon Trees
Savior-Rise Against