Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

The Answer

I was walking to school with my guitar on my back and my notebook and pencil in my hand making some last minute adjustments to the song we were gonna play today for the talent show. I stopped at Reeses house and waited for him to come out. I heard the front door open and then close. I closed my notebook and put it back in my case. I was caught by surprise when I saw two pairs of shoes. One were a pair of yellow and black Adidas' and the others were pink and black Converse. I stood up and found myself looking at Reese and Annabeth waiting for me to get my guitar back on my back.
"Why are you here?" I asked as I turned to Annabeth. "Good morning to you too." She said. The look on her face told me she didn't like the way I always get to the point at hand. I just smiled. "So? why?"
"Because I wanted to talk to Reese about something." Caught by surprise again, whenever she wants advice she usually talks to Me or Scott. Never Reese. I turned my gaze upon Reese who just shrugged and turned to walk towards school with Annabeth right behind him. I followed suit and walked beside Annabeth. "It's something you can't tell me about?" I asked her, she slid her eyes over to me and shrugged. " I'll tell you once I decide what to do." She crossed her arms and sped up to walk beside Reese and they talked in hushed whispers until we met up Matt. Matt and I were walking beside each other in silence when he spoke "So, you talked to Annabeth I suppose?" I shrugged "We talked but not much. She said something about how good a guy you are but she isn't ready for the kind of relationship you want." He smiled and put his hands in his coat pockets. " I was hoping not, we all know how much you like Annabeth, D. It's written on your face everytime you see her." Matt watched Reese and Annabeth whisper about whatever they were talking about earlier. "Is it that obvious?" He shrugged "Apparently not to her, if she knows, she hasn't said anything about it." I sighed and watched my feet as we walked towards the school.

I looked away from my feet long enough to see 4 local news vans drive by us headed towards the school. "Oh joy. More news reporters comin to talk to Bullet and S.S." I said as we seen another 2 vans drive by. When we walked up to the entrance of campus, we saw S.S in a group of reporters and BFMV talking to another swarm of news reporters. I started walking towards the school entrance when Scott ran towards me from the school "Drew!" he yelled. I ran over to him and hit him on the back of the head. "Shut Up! I don't want a whole lot of trouble from these damn reporters." Of course as soon as I said that the reporters that weren't busy with S.S and my dads band came rushing over, jockying for position to ask me the first question. " Drew! Drew!" yelled one reporter who would've looked like barney if he had worn purple and green. I pointed to him and listend to his question "Why did you accept Suicidal Silence's challenge? They are so much more well known than you." " I guess it's because they challenged me. Yea, they have more fans than us and are more well known, but we have more talent and have so much more respect for the music industry than they do. If anyone's gonna prove it to them, its gonna be us." I smiled as they started taking pictures and wanted to ask more questions. I pointed to a woman this time from some national news station i've never seen. "Drew, there've been plenty of rumors going on that you were in a fist fight with Jarron Baldwin from Ailen Penthouse. Do you deny this accusation?" I frowned as I thought about this question. Should I say I do deny it? there will deffinetly be consequences if i do or don't deny it and both ways are bad. I'll just do what I think is right. "I don't deny the fact that me and Jarron have been in a fist fight, in fact the rumors are true, Jarron and I got into a fight which sent him to the hospital. Do I feel sorry? No, he deserved it for what he did to my friend and band member, whose name will not be spoken." With this new information, reporters start calling my name more and more. "Okay okay, last one" I say and point to a woman towards the front." Drew, my name is Misty Davis, I'm a reporter for the Morning sun, local newspaper here in Mt. Pleasant. According to your facebook page, your band name was originally "The Fallen". But the rules for the talent show say that there was already a band named "The Fallen" and you had to change your band name to "Katastrophic Breakdown". Tell us how you came up with the name." I sighed and looked at my band who helped me word the answer. " We all came up with it, we all voted for it and we all wanted it. It was pretty much a easy decision for us because life has been a breakdown of catastrophic porportions. We're all about life and how it is for everyone. However the one thing we did change was the C to a K just because it looks better with a K." I turned to walk away but Misty grabbed my coat sleeve, I turned to look back at her " Yes?" I asked "I have more questions to ask you, but since your in a hurry, I'll give you my card." She took a business card out of her pocket and gave it to me. I put it in my wallet, thanked her and walked into school with my band.

As I was putting my coat into my locker, Gwen and Jayson walked by. I didn't pay much attention to them until Jayson bumped into me which nearly caused me to drop my guitar. " Whoops" he said with a sly smile "Watch where your going Riggs, you don't wanna drop that precious Fender do you?" I was about to tell him off when Annabeth came by my locker. "Hey Bitch" Gwen sneered " Tell your boyfriend not to piss off Jasyon, he's not worthy of even speaking to him." Annabeth just smiled and stood by me at my locker. " Did you hear that D? I think someone finally learned to keep dicks out of her mouth long enough to talk." She turned to Gwen. "Good job Gwen, way to stop being a whore who stands on corners in the pouring rain and gives it away for free. Have fun getting aids from Jayson." I chuckled as i grabbed my notebook and pencil and closed my locker. "Ready?" Annabeth asked as she turned her attention to me. " Yea, lets go" and we left Jayson and Gwen looking dumbfounded back at my locker as we walked to class laughing. " Thanks for that." I said. Annabeth smiled. " No problem, you did it for me when Jarron cheated on me. Therefore we're even." I smiled and then sighed turning my smile into a look of no emotion. Looking straight ahead I started to talk to Annabeth. " So..about last night...." She smiled and looked at me" Yes?" "My phone kind of died while talking to you and so i wanted to know if you got my question before it died?" She stopped and looked around, then looked up at me with her Hazel colored eyes. "Yea, I got it." She said and stood in silence waiting for me to say something. "Then...whats the answer? She looked at her feet for what felt like ages before she sighed and looked up at me again " I don't know Drew, I'm gonna have to think about it some more." I stood in silence as she looked up at me, I finally sighed and turned to walk towards our class. "Can you have an answer for me before the talent show tonight?" I asked "Yea, I will" She smiled up at me and we walked into class and sat down before the bell rang.

As I was walking to my next class after 1st hour, Scott and Matt came up to me. Matt was litterally jumping up and down with excitement. "Drew! we wanna play Bohemian Rhapsody." Said Matt as Scott just nodded his head in agreement. I shrugged. "Okay, fine by me." I said and walked towards second hour. But Scott and Matt jumped in front of me on my way. "Seriously? your gonna let us do it that easily?" asked Scott with a look of disbelief on his face. " Yea, why not? We've practiced it enough. We should play it first." I walked between them again and went in the door to my next class. Matt followed in without Scott this time and sat next to me. " We'll have to tell Reese and Annabeth about it too." He said. I smiled as I pulled out my phone and texted Annabeth. "Hey, We're gonna play Bohemian Rhapsody tonight." I sent the text and waited for a response. I finally got a text from Annabeth after second hour ended. "Okay, I'll tell Reese." I smiled and showed the text to Matt who nodded his head and went to go get lunch from the cafeteria. I sighed as I went to put my things away. I opend my locker and put my stuff in my locker and closed it. Behind my locker door was Lennon Torres, the drummer for S.S. He looked around to make sure we were alone and then spoke to me. " Drew, I don't wanna be part of this band anymore. I don't wanna be part of Suicidal Silence. I hate it, if your not a front man, your not part of the band..thats the motto they go buy." I sighed "And your telling me this why?" I asked as i walked to the cafeteria " Because your the only person I want to help me out of this band." I turned around and looked at him carefully "Sorry Lennon, I can't help you..I'll protect you if you quit and they come after you." He smiled and stuck his hand out "Thats all i could ask for Drew." I shook his hand and we went our seperate ways.

When Lunch and Fourth hour ended, the entire band finally were in the same class. I walked in and sat next to Scott and Annabeth. I smiled at Annabeth. Scott watched the door waiting for Reese and Matt to walk in. I leaned over in my seat and whispered to Annabeth. "Do you have an answer to my question?" I asked, hopefull and nervous. Seeing Matt and Reese walk in, she just nodded her head and motioned for Reese to sit by her on the other side, I waved to Matt to sit next to me. Fith hour turned out to be study skills, which was just a class where kids were supposed to study and help eachother with homework. Instead we talked about tonight and how we were gonna pull off the visual of the song. "Scott, your gonna have to sing with Matt and Reese." I said " It's what the song calls for, and I know that Annabeth usually sings it but we have to save her voice for other songs." Scott sighed "Fine, I'll sing with them, as long as I never sing again." I smiled and shook his hand "Deal bro." Then the bell rang, we all gathered our things and walked out of class. I waited for Annabeth to get her things and walk out of the room. I met up with her outside her locker. " So? What's the answer?" She smiled "You just can't wait can you?" I shrugged "Nope, If you wanted me to wait longer you'd have to lock me in a room with a ball and chain connected to my ankle." She laughed and closed her locker. "Your a dork Drew." "I know I am, it's what makes me so likeable." She smiles and nods "Yup!" I smile as we walk to my locker " So the answer? yes? No?" She waits for me to open my locker and put my things in it. I close my locker and turn to her and as soon as I do she takes my right hand and entwines our fingers together. "Yes, Drew. The answers yes" I grin like a stupid idiot and hug her not letting go of her hand. She laughs and hugs me back. " Now are you ready for tonight?" She asks. "Yup! I am, totally ready to blow some minds with our rock." I smile and walk towards the auditorium with out hands still entwined.
♠ ♠ ♠
there you have it for all you romance story lovers, I added a love story chapter into it. and it fits ..kinda well. idk thats up to you guys. I just think i'm gonna go eat and what not and leave the reading to you readers out there. thanks