Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Melody

I walk off the back of the stage at the bar and head for the back door where some people are still left from the show earlier waiting to say hi. I smile as I make my way over but a hand on my shoulder slows me to a stop. I turn to see my father and Moose side by side with a woman i've never seen before. "New girlfriend, Moose?" I ask smiling and turning to face the woman. I smile and put out my hand to shake hers. " Hi, I'm Drew Parsons. Singer and guitarist for the band Katastrophic-" She held up her hand to stop me and turned to my dad "Is he really your son?" The woman asked with disbelief on her face as Matt nodded and put his arm around her shoulders and started whispering with her. I put my hand back to my side and looked over my shoulder to see the line of people waiting for me still there and slowly getting bigger. I waved to a couple of classmates before turning back to Moose. "Dude, my dad's hitting on your girl." Moose punched my shoulder and I rubbed the spot where he hit as the unknown woman and my dad walked back towards us. "Drew, this is a very important woman. She's gonna help you get going on your debut album." I scrunched up my face in disgust. "Did you set this up dad? If so, No thanks. We'll get there by ourselves." The woman spoke up before dad could talk. "Actually Drew, I called your dad wanting to know how to get a hold of you. I'm Melody Stevens. I work for a record label here in Michigan called Matchbox Records. Maybe you've heard of us?" I thought about this for a minute and smiled as she stuck out her hand for me to shake. I gently grab it, shake, and smile looking straight into her face. "Nope, never heard of them." I let go of her hand as she continued to talk after my answer. "Well I'm sure you've heard of bands such as After the Ashes, Crop Circle, and Letters for Thursday." I laughed in disbelief. "Those bands signed with Broken Records out of Flint and Flushing." I laughed more until I saw her face. She just kept the same smile on her face, waiting for me to stop so she could continue. I stopped and let her continue. "Matchbox Records is the sister label of Broken Records. We're new and trying to add new talent to our roster. I heard a demo someone sent us of you guys. The tape was good but you guys are much better live then you are on tape." I smiled as I nodded "Thats to be expected since we've gotten a better guitarist to replace the one who left us and went to a pop band." She nodded and smiled "Yes, many of us record label workers heard that around the country." I smiled as the rest of the band came over and stood beside me not saying a word as Moose came walking over with them. I hadn't realized he left. "Come by the office in Ann Arbor and we'll go over things there in more detail." I smiled and nodded as she shook hands with everyone and then left as everyone started asking questions. I held up my hands in surrender. "Enough! If we go to Ann Arbor, you'll know everything. Lets go sign these autographs and pictures and what not and leave. I'm tired and I smell like smoke."

(At Annabeth's house)
"Annabeth! I'm Home!" Ab's mom yelled from downstairs as she closed the door. I groaned and sat up and put my shirt back on as Annabeth rebuttoned hers and fixed her hair. "Hang on mom, I'll be down in a second." She yelled as I put my shoes back on and put my stocking cap back on. I kissed Annabeth one more time and walked downstairs to their kitchen to help unload groceries. "Hi Mrs. Chase." I said as I entered the kitchen and took a plastic bag from her. "Good morning Drew. How'd you sleep?" I smiled as I grabbed another bag and unloaded it "Fantastic! I don't know why though. Ab's bed is so small and she kicks in her sleep." Mrs. Chase smiled and laughed as Annabeth came into the kitchen and smacked my butt. "I heard that, I don't kick in my sleep..nor do I snore." I laughed as she stuck her hands in my back pockets. Unfortunately Mrs. Chase caught it. "Hey you two! I don't want teenage hornyness in my kitchen. If your gonna be like that go back upstairs or something." I laughed as Ab's took her hands out and hugged me. "Fine, I'll behave mommy" She said as she nuzzled my neck. I turned my head and kissed her hair ontop of her head. "Why don't you go eat breakfast babe? I'll be there in a bit." She smiled and nodded as she smacked my butt again. "Enough with the smacking of my ass already." "Oh you know you like it."
"Children..."
I laughed "Sorry Mommy!" I heard through the giggles she were giving as she walked towards the livingroom. I smiled as I finished helping and fixed my breakfast. "Drew?" I turned around towards the voice of Mrs. Chase. She was putting the plastic grocery bags in the trash and walked over to me. "Take care of my baby girl when you guys go to Ann Arbor. I don't want nothing bad to happen to her." I smiled and hugged her "Yes mommy." She laughed and patted my back "Okay Drew! Don't hug me to death." I smiled, took my cereal and went to the living room couch and sat next to Annabeth, where she leaned her head on my shoulder and fell back asleep as I slowly ate my ceral and watched the news.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally got back to writing. I Haven't had any ideas to put on and I just got done with spring break..which sucked cuz i worked for half of it, then I was sick for the second half. Which is fine cuz it was cold and crappy here in Michigan. Its Spring and it snowed on sunday. Gotta love this state. Anyway, I'm back to writing and yea..lol i'll write the next chapter probably tomarrow.