Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Your Song

"Can we just turn up the back up vocals a little more? I can barely hear them over the guitar." Reese said as he and Drake were talking to one of the producers, a guy named Casey. He doesn't say much, just grunts in agreement or growls when he doesn't like something. I try to keep away from him but when I have to put down guitar tracks he's the one telling me how to play the chords I wrote. Whatever. However he grunts in agreement with Reese and turns up the back up vocals. I sighed and looked back at the paper in my lap with scribbles on it and some lines of words. I put down the paper with the pen ontop of it and laid back on the couch I was sitting. Scott came in from outside and sat down next to me. I looked at him as he opend his water bottle and took a drink of whatever he had in it. It looked like some kind of pop cuz it fizzed when he put the cap back on it and set it down.

"So how's the editing going?" He asked as I took my water and chugged the last couple of gulps. "They're stuck on this song's back up vocals. Trying to decide wether or not to turn them up a little louder." He shrugged and picked up my pen and the paper I was writing on. I looked at him as he read it to himself. "What do you think?" I asked taking it back from him. "Its alright. It could use a little more lines." he joked and I stuck my tounge out at him. I started writing again as Annabeth came in and laid down on my other side, kicking her converse off her feet and putting them on my lap. I smiled and tickeld her feet and she jolted up giggling. "Stop that, you know i don't like to be tickled."
I stuck my tounge out.
"I know but it's soo much fun to listen to you giggle." I turned back to my paper and wrote some more and scribbled out even more. Just as I put the pen back on the table, Annabeth ripped the paper from my hand and read it. "What do you think Ab's?" Just as she was about to speak Reese and Drake yell
"All right guys, quiet we gotta listen." I sighed as Casey pushed play and the song "Na Na Na" came through the studio speakers as we listend to my singing with Drake and Annabeth's back vocals and everyone playing their instruments.

When the song ended Drake and Reese and Scott were all up dancing around to the entire album when I told Casey to stop the music, he hit pause and I finished writing some lines down on the paper I wrote on all day. "I wanna make a bonus track. With this." I held up the paper I had in my hand and Scott just nodded and went to go into the drum recording room.
"Wait Scott. I don't want drums. I don't want anything except piano and my voice."
"Hold on now. Just you and a piano? I thought this was going to be the most epic album of our career's." Drake asked as he grabbed the paper and read it and Reese after him. They both looked at each other and then handed Casey the paper. He raised his eyebrows, handed me the paper and opened up two new tracks for me. I smiled and walked into the room that had the piano, which was the same room with all the guitars, and opend it up. I put the paper on the built in stand the piano had on it and waited for the go ahead.

Casey gave me the thumbs up and I started playing the notes I wrote down on the paper under the words I wrote. We stopped a couple of times and had to start over cuz Casey would come over the studio speaker and growl something incoherrent and then we'd have to start over. After a couple of terrible tries of piano playing, Casey and I finally got one we liked and left it to go record vocals. I set the paper on the stand in the room and put the headphones on and waited for Casey to give me the piano track we just did.

I shook my nerves out and Casey gave me the thumbs up and started the track.
I waited for a second and then started singing.

"It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live

If I was a sculptor,heh, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind!
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world, mmhmmm.

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on

So excuse me forgetting,mm, but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind!
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world
Yeahhahhhh
I hope you don't mind!
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world."

I walked out of the room and sat on the couch and had Casey play it over the studio speakers. As we listend I saw everyone's eyes light up and a smile come across their faces.
I looked over at Annabeth as the song finished and I got up over to Casey and whispered next to him the name of the song. I smiled as I walked back to Annabeth, held out my hand and pulled her up from the couch and slow danced with her as the song played out. The others got up and left to do something else as Casey left the song on repeat.
"What'd you name this song Drew?" Annabeth whispered into my chest. I smiled and kissed the top of her head. "Your Song." I mumbled to her. She looked up at me and smiled with a small blush creeping up her neck and on her cheeks. I smiled and hugged her. "Let's run this set by the company and get it announced to the state, the country, the world! that Katastrophic Breakdown is here to play." I said as I took the recordings out and sent them down the hall to the record label president/producer.
♠ ♠ ♠
There, I know i haven't written in a while. I'm almost out of school and lookin for a full time job so i can get enough money to go to college, cuz i realllllly don't wanna depend on the bank. so yea. When your done reading this, go read my other stories. Their supposedly better
Song:Your Song-American Idol Version-Casey Abrams. Originally wrote and sung by Elton John.