Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Screaming Bloody ***

" And this part should go here in the verse rather than in the chorus." I heard Reese say as I walked into our apartment that was near the edge of the city outskirts. I closed the door and threw my keys on the table. I walked into the living room to see Reese and Annabeth sitting at the piano we bought a couple of days ago writing a song. I looked over their shoulders and as Reese started playing the piano I started singing what they had wrote
"I've been waiting for something for so long
To show me the answers that I want
A reason to believe in that's so strong
But I don't think that it exists"
Reese stopped playing when i finished this part. He looked back at me and I shrugged.
"It's good, Just needs to be a little more heavy than just a piano."
"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Although I really like the way the piano sounds with this song."
Reese smiled as he spoke. I looked at Annabeth and smiled as she nodded in agreement with Reese.
"Alright then, I'll let you two write this song. I'm gonna go take a nap. Wake me up when its time to go to the studio."
I heard the piano being played as I walked up the stairs and Reese singing with Ab's before I fell on my bed and closed my eyes

*Time Skip*

I woke with a start when I realized that I was just about to fall off the bed. I sat up on the edge of it and looked at the clock. I sighed and rubbed my face in my hands.
"Time to get going." I mumbled to myself, grabbed my guitar and walked downstairs to the living room where Reese was passed out on the couch and Ab's was working on a new song. I walked over to Reese and shook him.

"Reese, wake up, its time to go." I nearly pulled him off the couch before he woke up and caught himself. I walked over to Annabeth as she closed up the piano.

"Ready?" I asked her as I took her hand.
"Yea, I'm ready. Where are the others though?" She asked as Reese walked past us to grab his guitar and something to eat. "Drake, Scott, Misty, and Jordan are already at the studio. They've been working on songs there too." Reese had answered from the kitchen with a mouth full of cold pizza in his mouth. I started walking towards the door when my cell phone rang. I handed my guitar and the keys to the van to Reese and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I asked as I locked the door and walked outside.
"Drew?" the woman on the other end asked. I crinkled my forehead in confusion. "Umm..Do I know you?" I asked the voice on the other end. There was a breath of relief followed by a small laugh. "You don't know me but I know you. Yeah, I know this sounds creepy and you have all the right to hang up." I smiled "Okay." I said and hung up. I got into the van and put it into drive and drove out of the parking spot we were in and drove to the studio.

When we finally pulled into the studio parking lot and started unloading, I get another phone call. I answer this time without looking at the caller I.D. "Hello?" "Are you gonna hang up on me again this time?" The mysterious female voice asked in a pissed off tone. I held up one hand in defense as if she could see me. "You said I could hang up if I wanted to. I was busy and I wanted to."
She growled into the phone. "No hanging up!" she yelled into the phone and then there was a busy signal. I looked at my screen and saw the words "Battery Dead." I laughed and put my phone away and helped unload the van and walk into the studio.

I walked into the mixing room where everyone was already hanging out. I stepped in, only to be stopped by the producer who's name escapes me everytime I see him. "Get into the vocals room."
I looked at him like he was nuts. "We have to get your voice set to our levels. Go in there and sing something."
I shrugged and walked into the room and put the headphones on so I could hear myself. I grabbed the guitar in the corner and started playing "Lazy Eye" a song i wrote before my junior year of high school

"I've been waiting
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
But it's not quite right

And this 'real'
It's impossible if possible
At whose blind word
So clear but so unheard

I've been waiting
I've been waiting for this silence all night long
It's just a matter of time

To appear sad
With the same 'ol decent lazy eye
Vexed to rest on you
Aim free but so untrue

Everyone's so intimately rearranged
Everyone's so focused clearly with such shine

Everyone's so intimately rearranged
Everyone's so focused clearly with such shine

Lost and loaded
Still the same 'ol decent lazy eye
Straight through your gaze
That's why I said I relate
I said we really need to fuck to relate

It's the room the sun and the sky
The room the sun and the sky

I've been waiting
I've been waiting for this moment... "
I stopped playing and singing and thats when the producer and the rest of the band yelled in excitement. And it was just then that I realized, I just put down the first track of a new song for our new album. Fantastic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs: Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
There is another chapter. It's late here and I'm tired. I'm gonna go to bed and hopefully when i write again, it'll be better.