Status: Based off of Blow Me Away and inspired by Overcome The Adversity

Drop The Puck, It's Time To Go

Kiss Me, I'm $h!tfaced

Image


*Rask’s POV*

The December air hit Rask’s face as he stepped outside onto the Boston streets with Roxanne by his side who was stumbling along with a stupid smile plastered to her face.
“I just realized that it’s like, two weeks before Christmas! Oh my god, it’s two weeks before Christmas and I haven’t gotten my brother anything!” Roxy said, eyes going wide.
“I think you can figure that out tomorrow on your day off.” Rask answered.
“Yeah…yeah, hopefully! Shit, what I would love to do is get him an authentic Bruins jersey. Like, an authentic one!”
“An authentic one…” Rask repeated.
“Yeah, like a real one!” She repeated. “How cool would that be!?”
“Like the best thing ever.” Rask said, finding hilarious feeding Roxy’s drunken state. “Who’s authentic jersey would you want to get him.”
“Oh jeeze…I have no idea.”
“Mine?” Roxy looked at him with scrutiny.
“Nooooo…no, I don’t think so.” Rask gave a smile.
“And why is that? I feel insulted that my number isn’t worth of Roxanne McGregor’s brother.”
“That’s because I would want yours.” Rask raised his eyebrows. It was funny how alcohol affected people like this. Loose tongues. He had his run with that in the past.
“You admitting that I’m your favorite?”
“Uhhh, yeaaaaaah.” Roxy said. “Ever since you joined the team! The Maple Leafs didn’t deserve your awesomeness! If it wasn’t creepy and crazy, I would worship the ground you walk on!” Snow crunched underneath their feet as they headed towards Faneuil Hall.
“I’m awesome? Worshipful?”
“Beyond awesome. Not as awesome as Ryan Miller though, but awesome.”
“Oh, can’t be matched up to the Olympic hero.”
“No, no one can! Ryan Miller just owns all. You just own Boston.”
“Glad you approve of my skill, now tell me Roxanne, where to from here?”
“That way!” She said, pointing towards the T.

*****

“Welcome to the Casa de McGregor!” Roxy declared, throwing her arms up at the sight of the small apartment that she lived in, dumping her jacket, hat, scarf, and gloves on the floor and flopping face first on the couch. “Make yourself at hoooooome.” Rask laughed, while placing his hat on the kitchen counter before proceeding towards the couch.
“I don’t think I can do that Roxanne. I need to head back and rest up for practice tomorrow.” Roxy sat up.
“You have to leave already? But you’ve only just arrived!” Roxy got up and grabbed his hand. “C’mon, let me show you something!” Rask let himself get dragged towards one of the doorways leading off from the living room. Deep inside, he really didn’t want to leave. Having time alone with Roxy was fun, despite the fact that she wasn’t all entirely there. Something about her bubbly, eccentric attitude attracted the Fin since knowing her for nearly two years. Rask found himself in what he guessed was her room.
“I take it this is your room.”
“Yeaaaaah, how did you guess!?” Roxy asked in admiration. Rask tapped the door.
“My number is on here.” A #40 had been cut out of black and yellow construction paper and tapped to the door. Not to mention there was a poster hanging above the bed was of him too.
“That’s what I wanted to show you! See? You’re my favorite Bruin out of all of them!” She said, a sparkle in her eye. She then leaned close. “Don’t tell Team Canada thouuuugh.”
“Team Canada?”
“Bergeron, Boychuck and Marchand! Especially Marchand, he might get very sad.” Rask just started to laugh, god damn was she acting cute right now.
“I promise I wont.”
“I knew I could trust you Tuukka!” She then gave a huge yawn. “Holy fuck, is it really one in the morning!?” She cried, staring at the clock on the bedside table.
“Yes, it is. And I suggest you get some sleep.”
“Why?” She asked.
“Because you were just yawning.”
“I was?”
“Yeah, you need sleep. Now.” Rask then picked up Roxy and proceeded towards her bed.
“No! I refuse! Tuuk! Put me down! Don’t make me call my brother! BEEEEN!”
“He isn’t here right now.”
“Ok, that just made this creepy!” She declared, stopping her thrashing. Rask placed her on her bed.
“How did I make it creepy? You started flipping out.”
“You picked me up and forced me on my bed when no one was here! I CALL RAPE ON THAT!”
“It wasn’t rape Roxanne.”
“Yes it was!”
“It’s not rape if you liked it.” He joked, not meaning a word of that.
“How did you know!?” She screeched, mouth agape as if he just stumbled upon some secret he shouldn’t have. Shit…what was she insinuating?
“What do you mean?”
“How did you…never mind!!” She seemed to get a small amount of common sense at that moment and quickly shut up. “I shall speak no more!” Rask awkwardly moved away from her.
“If you say so.”
“Did my brother tell you something?” She asked.
“Tell me what?” Rask asked in confusion.
“He must haaaaave…” She muttered. “Damn siblings! I knew it wasn’t worth yelling it over the phone!” Rask thought back to the weird comment she screeched in the locker room earlier that night.
“Fine! I do! I love that guy! I worship the ground he walks on! Is that good enough for you?”
“You admitting that I’m your favorite?”
“Uhhh, yeaaaaaah…ever since you joined the team! The Maple Leafs didn’t deserve your awesomeness! If it wasn’t creepy and crazy, I would worship the ground you walk on!”
Rask now had a funny feeling that Roxanne was on her way to embarrassing herself…not that Rask mind though. He just admitted to finding something attractive about the red head.
“Roxanne, if you don’t want anything spilt, I would suggest not talking anymore.”
“Something spilt? Wait, you don’t know?”
“Well now I can guess something.” Roxy tilted her head.
“Oh really? Speak your mind, oh Tuukka Rask.”
“How about you just sleep of the alcohol and I just-”
“No!” Roxanne snapped.
“Yes.” Rask said.
“No.” Roxy said again, moving closer as if to emphasize her demand.
“Fine, stay up all night but I have to leave now.” Rask went to move away but Roxanne caught his jacket.
“Not yet you, I have something else I must do!”
“And what is that Miss McGregor?” Ending up on Roxanne’s bed with her kissing the living daylights out of him, was not what he was expecting! But that is exactly where Tuukka Rask found himself.
“Roxy…what are…Roxy stop. You’re drunk.” Rask said in between kisses. “You’re brother is going to kill me!”
“I don’t caaaare, I like you Rask! A lot!”
“I can tell…” Rask said, pulling himself away. “I…I definitely need to get going now.” Before Roxanne could object or say anything, Tuuk quickly exited her bedroom and grabbed his hat on the counter, exiting her apartment. Heading back to his own place, he found himself realizing that he had an urge to go back to Roxanne.

*****

Rubbing my face, I stared at the orange water buckets needed filling. I didn’t want to be at work or even attempt to do my job. I was still slightly hung over but that was the least of my problems. Yeah, least. I remembered every single thing from that night and now I was highly…highly…highly embarrassed. It was going to be extremely awkward having to look at him in the face now.
“Hey Roxanne, looking a little too down for yourself.” I looked up to see the eighteen-year-old rookie Tyler Seguin, the newest addition to the Bruins. I shrugged.
“You could say so, partied a little to hard the other night.” Tyler laughed.
“Yeah, I noticed. At least you didn’t drag Marchand into a closet again.” I gave a small smile.
“Yeah, at least I didn’t.” Much rather have done that again instead of attacking your goalie’s face.
“Well, I’m going to go warm up a bit, see you around.” I nodded.
“See you Tyler…actually, if you don’t mind. If I finish my jobs early enough I might just hit the ice with you. I need something distracting. Tyler sent a smile.
“No problem, be fun to have you on the ice. I heard you played hockey when you were little, be nice to see if you’re any good.”
“Glad you don’t mind, see you soon.” With that I went back to finishing the water chore. Minutes later, I finished and turned to head to the locker room with the heavy bucket. I didn’t care if I did this chore early and the water might get warm by the time the game started…I just needed to do something.
“The fall in line, one at a time…ready to play-”
SMASH!

Someone hit me full on with the power of a steamroller, sending the bucket of water sailing across the floor.
“DAMMIT!” The person yelled, a girl by the sounds of it. I didn’t pay attention to her, just at the fact that water was all over the floor. I was probably going to run late again anyways! Fuck you fate!
“Fuck! Coach is going to kill me if I’m late again!” I said out loud.
"Shit, I'm so sorry! Today is not my day! Shit I feel horrible!" The girl who hit me exclaimed, running and grabbing a handful of napkins and throwing them on the spreading water.
"Its fine." I sighed, slightly annoyed at how the events were unfolding. I took that moment to study the woman responsible for hitting me. She had brown hair and brown eyes and wearing a Capital’s shirt. I then felt my stomach do major flip flops and crazy rollercoaster stunts.
I just ran into Erika Harper. First woman in the NHL. My freaking idol.
"No, let me help you refill this. Its the least I could do." Erika offered, obviously not seeing me all shocked. I masked it quickly
"Well... alright." She followed me back to the water station, where she help to refill the jug of water. "I'm Roxanne, by the way." I said, offering my hand for handshake. "Erika." She replied.
"Yeah, I know of you. First woman ever to be drafted in the NHL. Pretty big accomplishment." I replied.
"Well thanks. I'm glad you think so."
"I actually play myself." I told her.
"Really? That's pretty awesome! You any good?" She asked. I couldn’t believe I was having a casual conversation about my hockey skills with freaking Erika Harper.
"I like to think so." I replied with a smile.
"Well maybe I can play you one day." She offered. Could this woman read my mind? Playing with Erika Harper would be insane.
"We'll see about that, Ms. Harper.

*A Week later*

“That will be $150 miss.” I quickly threw the Patrice Bergeron jersey I was looking at for my brother back on its spot on the hanger. I found myself in one of the fan stores inside the TD Garden hoping to find something for my brother from Christmas, which was drawing extremely near.
“I think I just caused like $50 in damages by touching it!” I told the store clerk. He laughed.
“I hear you. This stuff is extremely over priced.”
“Yeah, you can say that twice…” Sadly I exited the store, finding myself at another dead end. It was after a day of work and I had hoped to catch one of these places to check out jerseys for my brother. He liked Bergeron and I hoped to be that awesome sister to get him that dream jersey. Didn’t look like it was happening. Tightening my jacket around me, I braved the cold, ready to head back home. I braced the wind hitting me, not exactly feeling it. Being New England born helped, but also my head was absolutely in chaos. Why? Well, I still hadn’t talk to Tuuk about everything and avoiding him at all cost. Plus I was still star struck by how I bumped into Erika Harper…and didn’t get an autograph! What was I doing!? All my conflicting thoughts were effecting my attitude and everyone was noticing it, especially Team Canada, all three of them bugging me about what was wrong. Of course I couldn’t tell them cause that would make things even worse.
What’s wrong? Oh just that I was half drunk and made out with your goalie, no biggy.
Yeah, that would go over well with the team. After a long ride on the T and walk to my apartment, I slowly entered to find my brother sitting at the small table starring at the wall absently.
“Hey Ben, I’m home.”
“Hey Roxy.”
“You look tired.”
“Yeah, you could say so. What about you?” I shrugged.
“The same.”
“Ok, what is wrong?” Ben asked, swinging around in his chair.
“What do you mean?” I asked, putting my stuff away.
“What do I mean…what I mean is that you haven’t been acting normal since that night I asked Tuuk to take you back here. What the hell happened, do I have someone’s ass to kick? What did he do to you?” I rolled my eyes at my brother’s protectiveness.
“Nothing Ben!”
“Ok, you yelled that statement. So the question is, what did you do?”
“Nothiiiinnng.” I gritted my teeth and went to find something to drink in the fridge.
“Spill it Roxanne, or I will turn on the radio and find that god damn song and make you listen to it.” Ok, that got me talking.
“OK OK! I’ll talk!”
“That was too easy…” My brother muttered. I ignored him.
“Look, I got a little lose tongue and spilt a little too much to Tuuk then I should have and-”
“Whoa, you really do have a thing for him!?” Ben gasped.
“Yeah! I do! Happy to hear that!?”
“No way! I thought you were joking!” Ben slapped his knee. “My sister is in love with the Bruins goalie…”
“This…isn’t….funny…I embarrassed myself!” Ben made his face straight.
“Ok, I’m sorry. What did you do?”
“Like I said, spilt too much and attacked his face! Now things are wicked awkward and I don’t even know what to do!” Ben just started blinking at me.
“You made out with the Bruins goalie…? Son of a bitch, I’m going to kick his ass! He touched my sister when she was drunk!”
“Ben, you are not helping! Ugggg…” I slammed the fridge door and walked into my room, lying on my bed and attempting to hide myself from the world. “Why do I do this shit to myseeeeeelf.”

*****

“Roxanne McGregor steers herself to the goal…she aims…she shoots…SHE SCORES!” I made a quick flick of my hockey stick and the puck I had out went right in. Playing hockey, I liked to do this when I needed to not think and unwind from work and stress. It helped me to remind myself of my father. He would do this with me too…I shot another puck into the goal, feeling sadder now.
“I didn’t know you could skate…” I froze at that voice. Shit, it was him. I twirled around.
“Yeah, I can…my dad taught me before he died.”
“I’m sorry…bought up something personal and upsetting it seems…” I sighed and turned away from Tuukka Rask.
“No, its ok…kind of being here brought up something personal.” I hit another puck into the goal. I could hear skates coming near me.
“I would imagine, you haven’t spoken to me since the Sabres game, meaning you remembered everything.”
“Yeah…I do.” I said, finding myself more silent then I wanted to be. But hey, give me a break, this is awkward!
“I don’t want shit to be awkward now though.” Rask added. I looked over.
“Neither do I, guess we can just move on like nothing happened?” Rask shrugged.
“I’m sure we could…” More silence. “How about you shoot a couple of pucks at me. I’m curious to see how well you play.”
“Are we avoiding our issue?”
“Now, we’re healing it. Now blow me away with your skill.” Tuuk said with a smile, steadying himself in the goal. I gave a smile back.
“Blow you away? I think I can do that.”

*****

I laid the package on my bed. Thanks to Rask, I now had a Bergeron jersey to give to my brother for Christmas. I don’t know how he did it, but I only had to pay half what I was originally going to have to. It was Christmas Eve and I had just returned from being at the rink, shooting pucks at him like we did days earlier. We were moving past that initial awkwardness that we had, though there was still that tension every time we got extremely near to each other. It was 10x worse when it was game time. I was waiting for people to catch on. I quickly wrapped up my brother’s gift and put it in my closet. I then had to get ready for me and my brother had been invited for Christmas Eve at Marchand’s place. Slipping on an outfit, I exited my room to find my brother ready to head out.
“You good to go?” I nodded.
“Ready bro!”
“Now stay away from the alcohol, you and Rask have just healed, I don’t need anything else to happen!”
“BEN!” I yelled.
“I’m teasing! C’mon, party is waiting!” I followed my brother out the door.

*****

“ROXAAAAAAAAAAANE!”
“YOU DON’T HAVE TO WEAR THAT DRESS TONIGHT!”
“WHAT THE FUCK, THIS IS HOW YOU GREET ME!?” I screeched at both Bergeron and Marchand who were the ones singing. Sadly, Boychuck was playing music and the song playing was Roxanne, they had planned this, I knew it.
“Aww, c’mon, take a drink. It’s Christmas Eve, we’re just playing.” Bergeron said, handing me some champagne.
“You better.” I snarled, taking the drink.
“Calm down there hun!” Bergeron said, taking a step back. “Don’t bite!”
“Calm down you wuss.” I then proceeded into the party, chatting with all the players about how well the season has been going. I then spotted Rask who was watching me from afar, despite chatting with Mark Stuart. I gave a timid smile before returning to talking to Krejci and Horton. Before I knew it though, I had circled into being in a corner of the room, talking with Tuukka.
“How have you been?” He asked.
“Pretty good. And I can’t thank you enough for helping me out with my brother’s Christmas gift. He’s going to be super excited.” Rask smiled.
“No problem, I think I can help a friend out.” I laughed.
“Yeah, helped me out you did.” We both sipped our drinks.
“By the way, I have something for you.” Rask said.
“You do?” I asked.
“Yeah, but I have to show you. C’mon, this way.” I placed my drink down on a surface and allowed Rask to take my hand and weave me through the masses into a quiet room. “Right here, I thought you would enjoy it.” Rask handed me a present and I opened it up.
It was his jersey.
No, not a replica.
His jersey.
“You’re…giving me your actual jersey?” I muttered.
“Yeah, why not? You kept saying over and over again that night how awesome it would be to have an authentic jersey.” I flushed with embarrassment.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah, don’t remind me. But shit Tuuk! You didn’t have to do this.” I looked up at him beaming.
“I think I did. It’s Christmas after all and I felt obliged to give you something authentic for not only being with the team for two years but being a part of this dysfunctional family for two years.” I smiled.
“Yeah, this dysfunctional family…never thought I would be a part of it but I’m thankful to be.”
“I’m also thankful for being able to know you.” I stopped looking at my gift from Tuuk and looking at him.
“Wha…?” I asked.
“It blows me away how awesome you are Roxanne.” He said, a big smile on his face. I put a hand on my hip.
“Are you just mocking me?” I demanded.
“No, just stating how you grew on me over the past two years. That night two weeks ago? Kind of made it grow even more.”
“What do you mean?” I asked, feeling myself start shaking a little. Tuuk pointed to the ceiling and I followed to where he was pointing to.
Oh…it’s a clump of mistletoe!
Wait!
What!?
“Ok, now I’ve just been blown away with everything that’s going on now!” I yelled. Tuukka laughed.
“I knew you would say that. It seems to be not only your theme song since its all I hear you singing, but also your favorite thing to say.”
“What, blow me away?”
“Yeah.” I smiled.
“Well let me get one more in there. Blow me away with your awesomeness Tuukka Rask.” And with that we embraced and kissed for a second time. God this was such a cheesy, cliché, Christmas ending but I loved ever-
“WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WAIT ONE SECOND! My bedroom is not meant to be violated!”
“Is that goalie violating my sister again!?”
“AGAIN!?”
“What is going on?”
“Is Tuuk scoring with Roxanne?”
“ROOOOXANNE! YOU DON’T HAVE TO PUT ON THE RED LIGHT!”
“ROXANNNNEEE, WE WERE JUST KIDDING ABOUT NOT WEARING THAT DRESS TONIIIIIGHT”
Shit…I forgot about the dysfunctional family…
“Marchand…Ben…and the rest of you, just shut up and let them have their moment!” Boychuck then gave a wink. “Have fun you too…”
“I DON’T WANT TO BE AN UNCLE YET, SO DON’T TRY ANYTHING!” The door then slammed shut after my brother’s remark.
“Well…a) every knows about this b) my brother had a lot of alcohol and c) I’m agreeing with him, no children.” Tuukka laughed.
“No worries Roxanne. No worries at all. Merry Christmas.”
“Merry Christmas Tuukka.” And I kissed him again, enjoying every minute of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just as a little note, the meeting with Erika Harper, MillerxKane88's character is going to be big in the future. Also, if you haven't guessed yet, all chapter titles are going to be after titles of Dropkick Murphey songs because why not? They just make Boston and Massachusetts! What is more appropriate than to use them in this story?