Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Cruisers

Bailey sat at her window her phone in her hand as she reread Mitch’s text.
~Bailey I’m begging you, please call me. I need to talk to you and you need to talk to me. I’m worried about your anxiety and want to help you cope with the situation with your sister. Please just call me? Love always, Mitch ~
Bailey took another sip of her cruiser. Her parents and Sian were at her grandparents for the weekend because they thought Sian needed an escape. Bailey had chosen to stay home as she didn’t feel up for make conversation with her grandparents. She was on her fourth drink for the night and it was only nine thirty. She didn’t have work the next morning so she was planning to get smashed.

She dialled Mitch’s number and put the phone to her ear.
“Bailey?” Mitch gasped in relief. “I was hoping you would call.”
“Look Mitch I still love you but I’m scared that I’m not good enough for you. I want to be everything you want in a girl.” Bailey said quickly, slurring a little.
“Have you been drinking Bails?” Mitch asked.
“No.” Bailey said defensively.
“You know I can tell when you’re lying right?” Mitch said.
“Fine, I’m at home alone for the weekend and thought I’d have a couple of drinks, is there something so wrong with that?” Bailey ranted.
“I’ll be there in ten.” Mitch sighed.
“No! Mitchell Watson don’t you even-” Baileys protests were met by a hang up tone through her phone.

Not even ten minutes later there was a knock on Bailey’s front door. She skipped to answer it, a freshly opened cruiser in her hand. She opened the door and saw Mitch standing there, worrying written all over his face. He walked into the house and closed the door behind himself.
“Oh Bailey.” He sighed pulling her into a strong hug.
“What?” Bailey whined.
“How much have you had?” Mitch asked putting his hands on either side of her face and lifting up to look him in the eye.
“A couple.” Bailey said averting her eyes.
“At least three then.” Mitch said. Bailey watched his lips move, they looked so soft. She wanted to taste them again.
“Bailey?” Mitch asked.
“Kiss me.” Bailey mumbled.
“Bailey you’re drunk.” Mitch protested just as Bailey pushed her lips against his. She pulled away after a minute and looked him in the eye.
“Only tipsy.” She smirked.