Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

What Are You Doing Here?

“So what’s actually wrong with you?” Eva asked. Between the two of them they had managed to convince Bailey’s parents to go home and rest.
“Couple of broken ribs and a broken arm.” Bailey winced trying to sit up properly.
“And some major bruising obviously.” Eva laughed.
“When can I get out of here Eves?” Bailey whined. She was so bored and was slowly going insane.
“When the nice, and very attractive, doctor lets you go. Oh and I heard your parents talking about counselling as well.” Eva said apologetically.
“Really? Damn! I don’t want to go to a shrink.” Bailey groaned in annoyance.
“What are you complaining about now Bailey?” Both girls’ heads snapped towards the door at the sound of the new voice.
“I was wondering when you’d show up.” Eva smiled.
“You told him I was in hospital?” Bailey asked in shock.
“Not just him.” Eva said mischievously. “I also told Tilly and Lance. Lance is extremely worried by the way. They’ll be coming around sometime today.”
“I’m sure if Eva didn’t tell me I wouldn’t have found out until I saw you with the cast and bruises.” Mitch said taking the empty seat beside Bailey’s bed.
“What happened Bails?” Mitch asked curiously.
“I honestly don’t know. The last thing I remember was dropping Sian off then pulling onto the road and heading towards your place. I think I must have fallen asleep at the wheel.” Bailey mumbled quietly.
“Jesus Bails.” Mitch sighed running his fingers through her hair softly.
“I think I’ll leave you two alone for a minute and go get food. You’ll make sure she doesn’t escape right Mitch?” Eva asked.
“She’s not going anywhere until she’s better.” Mitch promised.

They spent over an hour filling each other in on what had happened in the month they hadn’t seen one another.
“Max and Chelsea can’t wait to see you. They even made you cards.” Mitch smiled and pulled out two handmade cards. Bailey smiled and read them.
“That’s so sweet. Give them a hug for me and say thanks.” Bailey said.
“Oh yeah, they also wanted me to give you this.” Mitch said getting up and giving her a soft hug. Bailey laughed and hugged him back as best she could.
“I’ve missed you Bails.” Mitch whispered in her ear before moving his lips to hers. Bailey smiled and kissed him back getting so lost in the moment that she didn’t hear the door open.
“You guys might want to stop that now.” Eva whispered quickly pulling Mitch off her.
“What the hell?” Mitch choked.
“Bailey!” a shrill scream met their ears and Bailey looked to the door to see Tilly and Lance walking into the room.
“Mr Watson?” Tilly greeted her teacher confused.
“What are you doing here?” Lance asked suspiciously.
“Oh, I umm-” Mitch stuttered.
“He ran into Sian in the hall and found I was here so decided to pop in.” Bailey lied quickly, hoping it would fool two of the people that knew her best.