Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

BAILEY!

“So Bailey. You know we know you better than anyone right?” Tilly asked. Mitch had left fifteen minutes ago and Eva had just gone to get some food.
“Yeah. Why?” Bailey asked anxiously. She had an idea what it was about but she wasn’t one hundred percent sure.
“Then what was the real reason Mr Watson was here?” Lance asked eyeing her suspiciously. Bailey felt herself redden under his gaze and looked at the ground.
“Why was he here Bailey?” Lance asked again, his tone sounding more like anger than curiosity.
“He was just checking up on me. He found out I was here and decided to pop in.” Bailey mumbled.
“You mumble when you lie.” Tilly said. “Why won’t you tell us? It’s not like you’re sleeping with him.” Bailey felt herself go even redder and refused to look up. She’d known this day would come but she still hadn’t been prepared for it in the slightest.
“HOLY SHIT! You are!” Lance cried.
“Shut up Lance!” Bailey hissed.
“You’re fucking a teacher, Bailey do you have any idea how wrong that is, both ethically and legally?” Lance spat, Bailey felt tears well in her eyes. She hated when Lance was mad at her.
“It’s sick and disgusting! I can’t believe you’d be so stupid and do something this feral! What the fuck is wrong with you?!” he bellowed.
“Lance shut your mouth!” Tilly snapped at him.
“No Tilly! What she’s doing is against the law. I’m going to the cops.” Lance said, his eyes flaring with rage. Bailey jumped out of bed, causing the drip in her arm to come out.
“Please Lance. Don’t, I’ll do anything; just don’t go to the police.” She begged swaying a little as her eyes rolled upwards slightly.
“What are you doing?!” Tilly squeaked.
“Bailey get back into bed.” Lance ordered.
“No, not until you promise you won’t tell anyone.” Bailey said weakly, feeling her knees start to give way. Apparently she wasn’t as strong as what she had thought.
“It’s illegal!” Lance argued.
“But I love him.” Bailey whimpered before falling to the ground.
“BAILEY!” was the last thing she heard before everything went black.

Bailey tried to kick her rugs off her. Her mum always put too many blankets on her bed and she got too hot.
“Bailey?” she heard someone say beside her. She opened her eyes and squinted around the room. She wasn’t in her room, and her mum wasn’t there.
“Bailey?” Sian asked again.
“Where am I?” Bailey groaned, a throbbing pain pounding between her ears.
“You’re still in hospital. And now it looks like you’ll be here longer.” Sian said sadly. It all came flooding back, the argument with Lance, the drip coming out, her falling to the ground. That would explain the huge headache.
“Where’s Tilly and Lance?” She asked, trying to sound as calm as possible. If Lance had gone to the police Mitch would lose his job.
“They went home yesterday. Tilly went home in the morning and Lance went home last night. They were both really worried but the nurses kick you out after about twenty four hours.” Sian explained.
“I’ve been out for twenty four hours?” Bailey asked, shocked.
“More than that. You collapsed on Tuesday, it’s now Friday.” Sian told her.
“Shit.” Bailey groaned.
“Yeah, don’t worry though, mum and dad are coming in later and you get to get interrogated by them about why you were out of bed.” Sian said grinning like a Cheshire cat.
“Isn’t it about time you went home to you baby?” Bailey asked raising an eyebrow.
“Fine, I can tell when I’m not wanted!” Sian laughed before giving Bailey a soft hug and leaving. All Bailey could do was hope with all her heart that Lance hadn’t gone to the police.