Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Official

Bailey made sure she delayed going to school the next day. She was nervous as all hell.
"Are you ok?" Sian asked.
"Yeah fine. Why?" Bailey asked as they pulled into the car park.
"You were really quiet and didn't complain about the radio once." Sian said.
"Nah I'm alright. Just didn't want to come to school today." Bailey replied locking her car and walking to homeroom. She had a quick look around to see if any of her friends were there and saw no one. She let out a sigh of relief and quickly walked to homeroom. It was Monday which meant she wouldn't see Lance until recess. She smiled to herself at her luck and grabbed her books. Bailey had been up all night worrying about today.
"Ok guys only one notice for year 12's today." their homeroom teacher said.
"And what's that?" Adrian asked.
"There's a year 12 meeting in the first two lessons in the gym." Bailey's smile fell and she let her head drop to the table.
"Aww Bailey. What’s wrong?" Rex asked.
"Just tired Rex." Bailey smiled.
"You're always tired. You should get to sleep earlier." Rex said.
"Yeah I will tonight." She laughed as the bell rang. Her laugh turned into a groan and she walked to her locker and put her books back.
"Come on Bails." Rex called. She caught up to him and they started walking to the gym. She looked around and didn't see Lance anywhere so she kept walking.
"Hey Bailey.” Catherine said in a sing song voice. Bailey rolled her eyes. It was obvious from her voice that Lance had told her.
“Brilliant.” She muttered. Rex looked at her confusedly. She shook her head before smiling and turning around.
“Hey.” She said her eyes landing on Lance. He walked a little faster to get away from the group and came to a stop in front of her.
“Hey.” He said smiling at her. “Walk with me?”
“Umm sure.” Bailey said following him as he continued towards the gym. They walked in silence for a while and soon enough the gym came into sight.
“So are you ready to make this official?” he asked looking at her with anticipation.
“What? You’re not going to ask me?” Bailey teased.
“Fine.” Lance laughed. “Bailey will you go out with me?”
“Yes I will.” Bailey smiled. A look of relief swept over Lance’s face.

Bailey had been so busy answering people’s questions about her and Lance that she had completely forgotten about Mr Watson. Tilly, Lance and Bailey were waiting outside the study room laughing and talking about Jack’s latest flirt fest.
“He’s going after a goddamn teacher!” Tilly laughed.
“I know, he has no limits.” Lance agreed.
“It’s kinda sad.” Bailey added with a sigh.
“Afternoon guys.” Mr Watson said as he opened the door and let them in. Bailey ignored him and walked over to her usual seat. Rather than Tilly sitting next to her today Lance took the empty seat beside her.
“Now no talk- Oh a new seating arrangement? Why the sudden change?” Mr Watson asked speaking directly to Bailey. She just glared at him and sat down.
“Is it to stop you talking Bailey?” he asked.
“No. They’re dating.” Tilly said. Only Bailey saw the smirk slip from his face for a second.
“Well I guess congratulations are in order then.” Mr Watson said. Bailey heard the venom in his tone and saw the anger in his eyes but everyone else was oblivious to it. She looked to her right and saw Lance was blushing with embarrassment.
“Thanks Mr Watson.” He said shyly. Bailey tried to hold in her laughter but a small giggle escaped her lips. Lance glared at her and she quickly started her chemistry. The lesson was more disrupted than Bailey had ever seen it and by the end of it she was ready to kill Mr Watson. He had been making snide jokes about her and Lance the entire time. The bell rang and everyone left the room.
“You coming?” Lance asked.
“Yeah I’ll see you over there.” Bailey said with a smile. As soon as he had left the room she rounded on Mr Watson.
“What the hell is your problem?” she spat.
“What? You can’t guess?” He snapped. “I told you I like you and you told me you like me. Then I come to school today and find out you’ve gotten a boyfriend!”
“Well I’m sorry if that’s an inconvenience for you but to be completely honest I think this is a good thing. I don’t fancy being your mistress.” Bailey hissed.
“Bailey she is not my wife! She was my partner!” Mr Watson said coldly. “I broke up with her the day you saw us.”
“And the kids?” Bailey asked raising an eyebrow. She was still pissed but her voice had softened.
“They’re mine yes. She is their mother but we are over. I want you.” Mr Watson said honestly, stepping closer to her trying to close the gap between them.
“Well it’s great that’s cleared up now. But that doesn’t change anything. I helped you cheat on your partner.” Bailey said harshly. All the anger she had felt before talking to Lance that day she saw Mr Watson at work was coming back.
“I was going to break up with her that day whether we saw you or not. We haven’t been happy for a long time Bailey. It’s not like you think I promise.” Mr Watson said. “You said you like me and I like you. Give us a shot.” He was coming closer again. Bailey stepped towards the door causing Mr Watson to stop in his tracks.
“I’m not about to cheat on Lance with you Mr Watson.” Bailey said.
“My name is Mitchell.” Mr Watson said quietly.
“I’d appreciate it if you didn’t embarrass me or my boyfriend in study anymore.” Bailey continued as if she hadn’t heard anything.
“I’m sorry for that. I’ll behave from now on.” Mr Watson said.
“Thank-you Mr Watson.” Bailey said before walking straight out the door.