Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Emails

Bailey didn't hate her job but she didn't like going to work. Working in retail meant being able to deal with bitching customers. She'd been working there for just over a year so she had mastered the art of faking sympathy and sincerity.
"Bailey you're back." her boss said.
"Yeah. What am I doing now?" she asked trying not to sound as bored as she felt.
"Just more cages. That's all we'll be doing until they're all gone." her boss said.
"Ok then." Bailey said going to find an easy cage. She found one next to the price check point and started working on it. After half an hour she had nearly made it half way through the cage that turned out to be full off towels.
"Excuse me." she turned around to see a lady standing behind her with a pram.
"Hi." She said cheerfully.
"Hi." The lady said back with a smile. "I was just wondering if you could tell me when the dinner sets are?"
"Did you have any particular colour or number of pieces in it?" Bailey asked.
"Hey did you find the dinner sets?" a familiar voice asked. Bailey had to bite back a gasp when she saw who the voice belonged to.
"I was just asking this girl." the lady said as she put an arm around Mr Watson. Bailey watched as her teachers face went white as a sheet when he saw who the lady was talking to.
"Hi Bailey. How are you?" he asked quickly recovering.
"I'm good thanks. So these dinner sets?" she said smiling at the lady. "They're just down here."
"Mitch can you just watch the kids for a minute while I look at these?" the lady asked before following Bailey towards the tableware area.
"All the dinner sets we have are just here." Bailey said smiling at her once more before making her way back to her cage. When she got back she let out a sigh of relief that Mr Watson wasn't there.
"Bailey." A voice said from behind her. She tensed. She knew it had been too good to be true. She slowly turned around and came face to face with Dan from the toys. She let out another sigh of relief and felt herself relax.
"Yeah?"
"Can you come help a customer?" he asked.
"Yeah sure."

To say that Bailey had been in a bad mood for the rest of the day would defiantly be an understatement. By the time they had called 5 o'clock over the intercom she was ready to punch someone. Even though she hadn't had a single rude customer all day something about them asking her questions had really gotten on her nerves. When she got home she found that her family had gone out for dinner. They had left a note telling her to come and join them if she wanted but she really couldn't deal with their condescending chatter tonight. She sent her mum a quick text saying she wouldn't be coming because she was tired before turning her computer on and checking her emails. She saw she had a new one from Lance. She smiled to herself. Just seeing that she had an email waiting for her when she got home made her feel loved. She opened it and saw it had only been sent a few minutes ago.
~ Hey Bailey,
I know you were working today but I sent this just on five so you should be home soon and get it then. So I have been wondering what you think about the whole "we should be dating" thing. We haven't really talked about it. So yeah just wondering.
Lance ~
Bailey's brow creased in thought. She knew Lance well and he would only say something like that if he had been thinking about the whole situation. He had actually been considering going out with her. Her heart beat increased as she replied in complete honesty. She sent the email and quickly got changed. If she knew Lance he would be waiting for her reply. As she thought a few minutes later she had another email from him.
~So you've thought about it? Yeah I think we could work out. No I will not tell you why the sudden curiosity~
She laughed at the last line before replying again. This time while she waited for his next email she played solitaire. It was a weakness of hers. Her heart rate increased more when it came up that she had another email.
~Argh you're so annoying! Fine Bailey I like you~
"Holy shit." Bailey muttered. She'd thought he did a couple of times but always ignored it. Now he had straight out told her that he likes her. She sighed and quickly type a reply. His next email came within a minute of her last.
~You're being stupid. Don't worry about it~
Those last four words cut her like a knife and she sent her most reveling email she had ever sent.
~Really? Wow~
She stared at her computer screen in confusion. This guy just told her he likes her and his response to her saying she likes him back was 'Really? Wow'. She rolled her eyes and replied.
~A good wow you loser! :) So what would you say if I asked you out?~
Bailey smiled to herself before replying as fast as she could.
~Well I'm not going to do it over email. I'll do it tomorrow at school~
Bailey squealed and sent her last email for the night.
~Good night Bailey, sleep well :) ~
Bailey shut down her computer and looked at the blank screen. He was going to ask her out tomorrow. This had been the weirdest day. Started off average, went down hill for a few hours before drastically going up hill. Tomorrow was going to be a good day.