Status: Active

Eyes Like Sunsets

Chapter Four

Driving around with Nick Jonas at about 2 in the morning was not something I had ever planned to do. To make matters worse, I didn’t even know the kid! I had just met him today, well yesterday. This kid must have some sort of mental issue where he must pick up strangers in the early hours. Although, a part of me trusted him and I don’t know why. Typically, I’d feel like he was going to rape me but, I didn’t get that feeling with him. I liked it.

Elvis Costello’s voice flooded the sound system; gentle vibrating the seat that I sat on. I whistled along quietly, trying not to rupture Nick’s concentration. My eyes darted out the window, taking in the sights of Colorado before me. The majestic Rockies flooded out before me, their shadows cascading down the valley, trapping the moonlight within. A smile played on my full lips; beauty was something I never got tired of. All day I could sit outside and stare at what was in front of me, taking it it’s glory.

A sigh escaped my lips and I noticed Nick’s shielded eyes glance in my direction, narrowing slightly. I had to force myself not to look at him in return, distracting myself with the cords on my Georgetown hockey sweatshirt. Nick pulled the car onto a small, private road, driving us up part of the mountains. I shut my eyes, not wanting to look backwards. The car soon halted and I heard Nick mutter something and unbuckle his seatbelt in one swift movement. I followed his footsteps, exiting the car soundlessly. Looking widely at the sight before me.

Up here, you could see all of the Springs. It was beautiful. Like nothing I’d ever seen before! I grinned widely and looked at Nick, hoping for one smile in return, thankfully I got it.

“Nick...” I murmured, “This is beautiful. Thank you so much for bringing me here.” I commented, patting him on the back slightly.

“Your welcome, beautiful.” Nick stated, a smile playing on his pouted lips.

I felt a blush creep onto my face, I pulled my hair back into a pony and sat down on the blades of grass below me., patting the spot next to me for Nick.

He reluctantly sat down, resting his elbows on his knees, staring at the moonlight/
“You know…” he started, “I don’t even know why I brought you here… this is my secret spot. I come here almost every night just to think but, tonight… well, tonight I thought that I needed to bring you..” Nick looked down art the ground, plucking the grass from its protected center.

“Well, it means a lot that you’d share something like this with me but, why? I don’t know you at al.” I said quietly, looking at my red toenails.

“Maybe, I wanted to get to know you.” Nick whispered hoarsely, his hand turning my head towards his, our eyes meeting halfway.
“You know,” Nick said, “Your eyes are stunning. They… they look like a sunset. Orange in the center, and deepening in blues on the way out.” He finished, locking his eyes on mine, brushing a stray hair away that fell from my ponytail.

“Thank you.” I whispered, “No one has ever said that to me before.” I beamed, placing my hand on his cheek and carefully kissing it. Even though I had only known him for less than a day, I already felt a deep connection that was going to last, I hoped.

We continued to stare off into space for a good half, occasionally speaking of things. Nick told me about his life, his friends, his family. I told him little to nothing about mine, not ready to talk about it yet. The thing I liked about Nick a lot though was his capability to understand. He didn’t pressure me to talk about my life, he understood and I could never thank him enough for that.

Nick gently pulled me up, after saying we should head back. His large hand rested on my back as he led me over to his shiny Mustang, opening the door for me. I plopped down into the leather seat and closed my eyes, smiling slightly at the new memories I had made that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys(: Woo, glad this is done! I updated all I needed too.

This chapter is definitely important, it plays out most of the story so pay attention(:

Now, I discontinued Hoist the Colors and Soundtrack to My Life and Letters To You (that was for myself really, anyways.) But, I will be creating a new story as I mentioned in Sixteen. I hope you guys will check it out when I publish it on here!

Xoxox,
Megg