Enchanted

nine

It’s been 3 weeks since the incident and Tyler couldn’t believe how much of a jerk he was to Taylor. He knew that he was wrong but he just wouldn’t admit it then. But now he definitely wanted to take it all back. He wanted to make things right between him and Taylor so he racked his brain to figure out how to apologize to her.

As Tyler was getting his plan together for Taylor, she was in her room crying over the fact that she told herself she needed to get over him. It’s one of the those moments where a girl knows she has to get over a guy but it’s the hardest thing to do. In her room Jessica could hear the sobs from her sister.

Never before has Jessica felt so bad for what she did to her sister. Jessica usually had no remorse for her sister but this was the first time that it seemed that Taylor really did love Tyler. It was like Taylor got divorced or something instead of just losing a friend. Jessica got up from her room and walked over to her sister’s room to find Taylor on her bed crying her eyes out. Nothing was said as Jessica went over to Taylor and hugged her.

“What you are you doing this?” Taylor sobbed into her sister’s shoulder. This was the first time that Jessica and Taylor hugged each other in years. See when Jessica turned to a teenager she stopped caring about her sister. Whenever Taylor wanted to hang out Jessica just blew her off for her friends.

“Because I was a slut. I shouldn’t have done what I did to you and Tyler I fell horrible. I only did it because I’m jealous of you.” Jessica said admitting something that she never imagined. She never thought that she would say this to her sister.

“Jealous of me? I’m jealous of you and how guys like you.” Taylor said pulling away and wiping the tears from her face.

“Guys only like my body. But Tyler, he really likes you Taylor. I see it in the way he looks at you.” Jessica said shooing away the fact that guys actually like her for her personality. When everyone knew they liked how she put out.

Taylor didn’t say anything because she didn’t know what to say. She knew that Tyler liked her but she didn’t know to what degree. As the two sisters bonded they got a long. Never before did each sister think that it was even possible for them together once they turned teenagers. For that day the two girls just laughed, cried and enjoyed how well they were getting along with each other.

Tyler had done some extensive research about finding out the name of Taylor’s father. It turns out that her father was a sports agent but he couldn’t find any information on where he was now. For Tyler knew he could be up in Canada helping some PeeWee team. He got a list of all of the Ryan Gerard’s in America and started from the east coast to the west coast. The list had about 250 Ryan Gerard’s in America, this was going to be a long day.
“Is this Ryan Gerard?” Tyler asked into the phone looking down at a long list of Ryan Gerard’s in America. He was determined to hunt down Taylor’s father, he felt that she needed closure. Actually all the girls needed closure.

“Yes, who is asking?” The man asked while looking the city of Baltimore a place he now called home. Ryan Gerard was a part of a family know for being sports agents. But the thing was that they were agents to only hockey players until Ryan left Boston to live with a new family in Baltimore.

“Tyler Seguin from the Boston Bruins.” A boy replied perking the ears of Ryan Gerard. He of course knew who the second draft pick was and he knew all of the press the boy was getting. The thing that stroked him though was that Tyler was from Boston.

“You’re calling because of Taylor right?” Ryan asked smilingly sadly at the memory of is youngest daughter. She was so much like him at times it was a little scary.

“Yea, how did you know?” A surprised voice asked on the other end. Tyler didn’t know if this guy could mind read or something.

“Because I knew I was going to get this call one day from a guy who loves Taylor. If you want to know why I left them it doesn’t matter now that she has you.” And with those words Ryan Gerard hung up his phone. He felt like there should be no explanation between the two.

Tyler didn’t like this answer that Ryan Gerard gave him. Looking up the phone number he saw that it was in Baltimore area. He was going to do something crazy and drive all the way to Baltimore to get this story straight tomorrow. Tyler would take Taylor with him but the thing was that what happens if Taylor sees something that she shouldn’t see, like her dad moving on in life.

The next day Tyler began his long drive to Balitmore to meet with Taylor’s dad. He didn’t care that it was a 7 hour drive or that he didn’t know what he was going to say to Ryan but it needed to be done.

7 or so hours later, many stops at gas stations, a few stops at IHOP and one very tired Tyler Seguin. A sign saying ‘Welcome To Baltimore’ appeared before Tyler’s tired eyes. He followed his trusty GPS to lead him to the heart of Baltimore. There he stopped in front of he guessed the building that Ryan Gerard worked in. Driving a few blocks back for a parking space, he feed the meter.

Walking into the building Tyler realized that he should have thought this plan through a little because how was he going to see Ryan Gerard? It wasn’t like he could burst the doors open. His secretary is going to wonder who he is and demand an appointment or something. Tyler didn’t even know what floor Ryan worked on so standing in front of the boards trying to figure it out must have made Tyler look stupid. He was on the 20th floor, of the Baltimore Ravens.
“Do you have an appointment sir?” The sectary asked Tyler, but he pretended that he couldn’t hear her and just opened the office door. There Ryan Gerard was sitting watching an old Ravens game on his computer.

“It’s okay, Annie.” Ryan said waving off his secretary before she could protest any more about Tyler walking in here unannounced. Ryan knew that the kid was going to drive down here, but didn’t expect him to drive down here the next day.

“What do you want to know Mr. Seguin?” Ryan asked closing his laptop and motioned for Tyler to take a seat in the open chair across from his own chair. Tyler sat down, took off his hat and ran his hand through his short hair.

“Why did you leave them? What did Taylor and Jessica do to you to make you leave them? Why didn’t you tell them anything?” Tyler asked not knowing where to start so he just blurted out all of his questions.

“I left because I had someone else on the side and she had a son. I told their mother that and she was willing to work through it all. But I just couldn’t do that, I needed to be there for him. Taylor and Jessica were already old enough to the point where they didn’t need me. Plus I wasn’t there for a lot of Jessica’s childhood and I felt like with my son I could make up for it. I couldn’t tell them anything because what was I supposed to say ‘hey kids I’m leaving because I have another family?’ I couldn’t tell them that.” Ryan said never admitting all of this out loud before.

“No, you were supposed to be there for all of them.” Tyler said standing up but before he walked out of the door disgusted with Ryan, he was stopped.

“Hear me out Tyler. When I first met the girl I didn’t know what to do. She took me by surprise and the things that happened I wish didn’t happen when I was married. But she was just --” Ryan started to tell his story which paralleled Tyler’s in some way.

“Enchanting.” Tyler said finding the word for Ryan.

“That’s the word and you can’t let a girl like that get away from you.” Ryan explained to Tyler. But Tyler already knew this because that was the reason why he left his girlfriend.

On the long ride home back to Boston, Tyler had time to think about his life and how closely it was related to Ryan Gerard. Tyler had met Taylor when he had a girlfriend and left his girlfriend for Taylor. Ryan was married to Taylor’s mom and left her for another girl that he had met. Sure Tyler wasn’t married and had kids but what happens if he let it get to far? What happens if Tyler lets go of Taylor? Well he be the Ryan and leave his family when he meets Taylor again?
♠ ♠ ♠
6 comments?! Thank you so much for those who have commented:
Fallin_For_You
zoomzebby
Erin?!
emmared FMT!
powerplay58
Frankie Bartholomew
-So I know that I haven't updated in like forever, so here's an update (: I already have the next chapter typed up a little bit. The next chapter shall be the last chapter. I know I'm ending this story a little early but I fell as if the next chapter is going to be the right chapter to end the story.
-I wasn't to sure how this chapter was going to turn out but I liked it. I liked how Ryan and Tyler are a little similar. Sure they have differences but their storyline was kind of the same and I wanted to point that out.
-I might update tomorrow, we'll see (: