Status: Active, but might be slow.

Change My Life

06

On Sunday I hung out with Aelyn. On Monday I returned to school and work. I got to work right on time. Ethan's door was shut, so I went to my office. I turned on the monitor and found 500 unread emails.
"Holy shit." I groaned. I got myself some vanilla coffee, then went to work reading email after email after email. An hour and a half later Ethan's office opened. I watched a tall man, mid to late 50's walk out, pushing a wheelchair that was holding a beautiful woman, mid to late 20's, with long blonde hair and big blue eyes. Ethan walked out behind them, and shook both of their hands. He smiled, and turned to me. He walked into my office as they left.
"That was Marie, and her father, John." He told me, sitting down.
"She's beautiful." I said softly. He shrugged.
"She's frustrated." He said.
"I can understand why." I looked down at my desk.
"There's no way she won't win. He's in jail already, we're just waiting for her to get money from him to help." He said, leaning back. I looked up into his dark brown eyes. He smiled. "What are you doing Friday night?" he asked.
"Nothing that I know of, why?" I asked back.
"Well, Friday is the big day of the case, and if I win, which I will, I plan on going out for a celebratory dinner, and I was wondering if you would join me?" he stood up, and pushed his chair in.
"Sure," I smiled.
"Great, will you be at the hearing?" he asked.
"I'm not sure, I need to be able to make dinner and everything for my sister before I go out." I told him. He nodded.
"Alright, well I'm not going to be at the office, other then for a minute in the morning, so you don't have to come in." he told me.
"Oh," I said, biting my lip.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"Well, I was going to ask if I could get off early on Wednesday, but if your giving me Friday off, I feel bad asking." I said, rubbing my arm unsurely.
"Don't feel bad," he laughed, "How early were you wanting to get off?" he asked.
"Just a half hour." I said.
"Not a big deal, take it." He smiled.
"Thank you," I said, smiling up at him.
"No problem." He said, walking back to his office. Around 3:50 my phone rang.
"Ethan Gray's office, how can I help you?" I asked sweetly.
"Aer!" it was Aelyn.
"Hey," I said, leaning back.
"Guess what!" she squealed.
"What?" I asked.
"A boy asked me to be his girlfriend!" she sang happily.
"Really?" I asked, sitting up straight.
"Mhm, his name is David and he's in my grade, but he's a couple of months older then me. And he's really cute. And he's blonde." She said quickly.
"Will you be inviting him over for dinner so I can meet him?" I asked, scratching nervously at my nail polish.
"Uh, yea, I guess so." She said.
"When?" I asked.
"Uh…Friday?" she guessed.
"I can't do Friday," I told her.
"Why?" she whined.
"I'm going out to dinner with Ethan." I explained.
"Dang! Two dates in one week!" she laughed.
"Yea, yea, so what night?" I asked.
"What about Sunday?" she asked.
"Sure," I said.
"Awesome! Oh, and I have a best friend now, her name is Alicia. She is really nice." She told me.
"That’s great. Maybe you could hang out with her on Friday?" I asked.
"I'll see!" she said excitedly.
"Awesome girly, but I need to get back to work." I told her.
"Okay, love you!" she sang.
"Love you too." I smiled.
"Bye!" she said, then hung up. I put the phone down and looked up. Ethan's door was open and he was looking at me. He smiled so I smiled back. I looked back at the computer and went back to work. At 6:30 I grabbed all of my stuff and went to Ethan's office.
"Heading home?" he asked.
"Yep," I smiled.
"Alright, see you tomorrow." He smiled.
"See ya," I sang, then left. When I got home Aelyn was in her room doing homework. "Hey," I said, touching her shoulder. She turned to me and smiled wide.
"So, Ethan asked you out?" she asked.
"Not like that. We're just going out to celebrate." I told her.
"Celebrate what? Your engagement?" she smirked.
"No." I laughed, "If he wins his case." I said. She nodded slowly.
"I see. Well, make sure you use protection." She said seriously, then turned back to her homework. I stared at her in shock.
"What?" I asked.
"You heard me." She sang.
"Where did you hear that?" I asked.
"I hear it everywhere. You know, condoms, protection, birth control. All that jazz." She said nonchalantly.
"Oh dear lord." I murmured, walking out of her room and heading for mine. I dropped down on my bed and shook my head. I swear my sister knows too much too soon. I ended up falling asleep, so my sister made us dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
- Enjoy!

Copyright 2010 ; Hey Miss Lexi