Status: Complete

Love Tricked Me

Recap

"Honey will you please come home for the holidays?" My mother begged over the phone.

I hadn't been home in four years.

I eventually mended my relationship with my brother and we came to an understanding. He would stay out of my personal life and I would speak to him again. Thankfully he knew better than to urge me to discuss things with John.

John had been doing well as far as I heard. The Maine released two albums and a few EP's and they seemed to be happy.

I listened to their songs, I won't lie. It was painfully obvious which ones were about me. I Must Be Dreaming, You Left Me, Give Me Anything, Kiss And Tell, Daisy, Count 'Em One Two Three, Into Your Arms, Saving Grace, and a few others.

"Mom, I don't know..." I sighed.

I resided in Tuscon permanently now. I worked as a secretary for a small business owner. I don't really like my job but it's a nice paycheck.

Other things in my life had changed too. I cut my long wavy hair and traded it in for a sleek shoulder length bob. I gained a bit of weight and filled out nicely as well. I changed my whole style after high school too. Instead on my jeans and t-shirts and sweatershirts I started dressing mostly in skirts and dresses. I kept my appearance as nice as I could. For some reason it just became very important to me. I didn't want to be my old self. I wanted to be this new sophisticated Kimmy. Or Kim, as I went by now.

"Please? You can't just hide from Tempe forever." She argued.

I knew she was going to get her way this year. "Fine."

She cheered and hung up the phone.

I pressed 'end' on my Blackberry and stood up from my lunch break.

I haven't had any boyfriends since him. Not because I'm not over him, I totally am. I just can't find anyone who comes close to him.

Because the truth is, there isn't anybody else that will ever come close to him again.

Like I said the last night I saw him, he's my unus amor.

My one love.

John

"She's coming back." Eric grinned as he got off the phone with his mother.

I just nodded and looked away.

She's coming back. This will be the first time in four years that I'll see that beautiful face.

Will she have a boyfriend? Will she still hate me? Will she be married? Pregnant? Fat?

I vowed to abstain from dating until I got her back.

I can't forget what she said to my that night.

"You're my one love, my unus amor."

I got it tattooed on my collar bone.

I'm the only one who knows what it really means.

If she can't be a part of me, then at least her words can.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!!